Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899765 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: 4 first round picks for AD?
« Reply #4245 on: February 05, 2019, 01:58:18 AM »

Mudiay + Dotson and filler
(Kanter Lance Mario)
 and 4 firsts

For AD and Solomon Hill

AD and KD. 
DSJ, Knox, Trier, Mitch, Frank. 
Vonleh. Hill. Kornet.

New Orleans gets cap space and picks and a couple of young players to tank with next season.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Lotto Spot Clinched already?
« Reply #4246 on: February 05, 2019, 02:52:36 AM »

Atlanta was won 2 straight.  They are the 4th worst team in the NBA. They have 18 wins.  We have 10.

Are we really going to win 8 more games with Atlanta losing every game the rest of the way?

There's no way we are n ot one of the bottom three teams with 14% odds at 1.

52% odds Top 4.

48% odds its the 5th pick.

3 teams have a 48% chance at the 5th pick somehow....

Any team really could win the lottery so using it as a trade chip seems like a smart idea if you can get Top #1 protection

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4247 on: February 05, 2019, 05:07:37 AM »

1 more, Kam. AD counts as ONE.

Pelicans want a PG.  Maybe we include Smith in the offer.  They already nixed Frank in the Porzingis deal.

And.......this just in, maybe an attempt at levereage:

THE NY KNICKS are now one of 4 teams that Anthony Davis says he WILL re-sign with if dealt there - along with LAL, LAC  and MIL.

Interesting.

Knox.............our 2019 #1................Jordan...............ADD.

Just to be clear, none of the guys acquired from the Mavs can be packaged in a deal for AD before the trade deadline. So Jordan won't be a part of the deal.

And for Davis to come to NY and join two max guys, it depends on who the max guys are, but if it is indeed Durant/Kyrie and they both take the full max, the Knicks will have to trade everyone of their 2019 draft pick, Knox, Ntilikina, and DSJ (and Lance) to make the math work. Unclear as of yet if Dotson or Mitch would have to be included, depends on where the cap actually lands. Mudiay would be renounced.

Would also take multiple future draft picks. And a willingness on the part of the Pels to not insist on the inclusion of Solomon Hill.

(Yes, I would do that trade. You'd still have your room exception and

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:30 AM »

Pelicans asking the Lakers for 4 firsts.

We can and should match that.

DeAndre and 4 first round picks. 

or

Lance/Mario/Mudiay and 4 firsts

Make it five first rounders (three Knicks, both of the Mavs picks). Throw in second rounders. But, really, we're not getting AD without giving up at least two of Knox/DSJ/Ntilikina in addition to our pick

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: February 05, 2019, 05:16:22 AM »

Mudiay + Dotson and filler
(Kanter Lance Mario)
 and 4 firsts

For AD and Solomon Hill

AD and KD. 
DSJ, Knox, Trier, Mitch, Frank. 
Vonleh. Hill. Kornet.

New Orleans gets cap space and picks and a couple of young players to tank with next season.

Lakers offer is better. You're dreaming if Knox and Frank are being held out.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Don't tell Bankshot or Kiid!
« Reply #4250 on: February 05, 2019, 05:17:31 AM »

(whispers: If the Lakers had drafted Tatum instead of Lonzo Ball, AD would already be a Laker)

(I mean, the Lakers may end up getting him anyway. But if they don't, it's because they bought into the Lonzo hype)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: February 05, 2019, 05:25:16 AM »

We might be able to trade Wes.  Maybe package our #2 and move up?

A few trade thoughts (all of which fit under the rules)....I tried to trade Wes to Brooklyn to get our own second rounder back this year, even if we included the Houston pick, but couldn't figure out a way.

Wessy Wes for Z-Bo and Ben McLemore and and the Orlando second rounder this year (we can try to package that with our Houston first rounder and cash to get into the first round if we really want at the draft)

Wes to Bulls for Jabari Parker (Bulls save a tiny bit of money, Knicks get a look at Jabari since Wes obviously wants a buyout)

Wes, Nance to Raptors
Norm Powell, CJ Miles, two future Knicks second rounders to Cleveland
Alec Burks, Cam Payne, Malachi Richardson, lotto protected 2021 Raps first rounder to Knicks

DeAndre, Justin Jackson to Wizards (who get out of the luxury tax and save more than $15 million with this trade)
Otto, Jeff Green, Dwight Howard, future Wizards second rounder, future Knicks second rounder to Kings
Z-Bo, Koufos, 2021 lotto protected Kings 1st rounder to Knicks

(Ok, so the last two are wishful thinking...but not impossible)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: February 05, 2019, 07:53:36 AM »

Looks to me like the Nets could have as much cap space as NYK (actually looks like $2M more) by simply stretching Crabbe after he opts in to $18M. 

I believe stretching Crabbe will leave the Nets with quite a bit less the Knicks, depending on a various factors (IsoZo, where people draft). They wouldn't have enough for two 7-9 max slots even if they stretched Crabbe, let alone what the Knicks have (enough for one 7-9 max, one 10+ max, and MLE-ish money left over for another starter). That presumes they renounce everyone, including RHJ (not sure they could get him for the room exception, there's going to be a lot of money swishing around this summer)

And if they want to retain D'Angelo's Bird rights, they might not even have enough for a 10+ max unless they stretch Crabbe.

I wouldn't overstate their ability to overtake the Knicks in free agency, including for the reasons Kam has stated.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:58:48 AM by thebizneverloses »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: February 05, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »

How is anything the Knicks can give better than Kyle Kuzma, let alone adding an Ingram and/or a Lonzo Ball?

I will say though that LA wants this done now - as opposed to NO being willing to wait til summer - since LA fears

a)  Knicks can come up with something NO might accept

or

b)  Davis decides he WOULD in fact sign an extension in Boston
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: February 05, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

I think Knox might be valued higher than you're implying. And I think RJ Barrett - let alone, obviously, Zion - would be valued more than the lot of them.

Lavar Ball might already be hurting Lonzo's value to New Orleans by running his mouth. It's possible Ms Benson wants nothing to do with that noise; these are NFL people who run the Pelicans, they don't have much time for this kind of individuality.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: February 05, 2019, 09:41:55 AM »

1 more, Kam. AD counts as ONE.

Pelicans want a PG.  Maybe we include Smith in the offer.  They already nixed Frank in the Porzingis deal.

And.......this just in, maybe an attempt at levereage:

THE NY KNICKS are now one of 4 teams that Anthony Davis says he WILL re-sign with if dealt there - along with LAL, LAC  and MIL.

Interesting.

Knox.............our 2019 #1................Jordan...............ADD.

Just to be clear, none of the guys acquired from the Mavs can be packaged in a deal for AD before the trade deadline. So Jordan won't be a part of the deal.

Got it, thanks

DAndre could be dealt but just by himself, right?

I would love to just keep him around, see what he looks like for 30 games.  Give him what Kanter deserved - a chance to keep his FA value high.

Kanter meanwhile will be bought out, no doubt

jaqdavisone

• View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: February 05, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »

They are doing what they always do, Use the name of Knicks to get the deal to LA done.  We are not interested,  AD is always hurt, true he is a great player but I'd wait to see if we get Zion.  Knox is getting better, Trier is getting better, Mudiay getting better, Now we got DSJ.  We slowly building a team.  Everybody needs to stop being so impatient and let the Pups grow.  we may have a decent team before it's all said and done. We should not gut the team for another so called star.  LET THE PUPS GROW.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »

Ainge desparately implores Demps to hold off dealing Davis

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-trade-rumors-danny-ainge-imploring-pelicans-keep-anthony-davis-past-feb-7-deadline-with-promise-celtics-will-make-aggressive-offer/2019/02/04/

Danny knows his team is short and the Davis deal also may be his only hope to keep Irving.

Maybe our Celtic friends can chime in on what they see a Boston offer might look like this summer.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: February 05, 2019, 10:34:46 AM »

They are doing what they always do, Use the name of Knicks to get the deal to LA done.  We are not interested,  AD is always hurt, true he is a great player but I'd wait to see if we get Zion.  Knox is getting better, Trier is getting better, Mudiay getting better, Now we got DSJ.  We slowly building a team.  Everybody needs to stop being so impatient and let the Pups grow.  we may have a decent team before it's all said and done. We should not gut the team for another so called star.  LET THE PUPS GROW.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Good to read someone who don’t wanna throw out all the fin’ babies with the bath water.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: February 05, 2019, 10:41:16 AM »

Likely Jaq is correct - as I believe the Knicks offer to Pelicans that included Porzingis did NOT also include the 2019 (possibly #1 overall) draft pick.

Perry and Mills seem content to see if that haul comes in - so dont expect the 2019 pick offered anywhere.

Will there be offers for it?  I'd bet YES.  We are in a good spot.  Might even win 30 games next year.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1844