Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899539 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4545 on: February 16, 2019, 06:15:36 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: February 17, 2019, 04:04:36 AM »

Somewhat accidentally tuned in midway through 1st round of 3-Pt contest. Told my cat Joe Harris was going to win.  Cat had Scurry.
Then dunk contest started right after breakfast.
Not too good.
Smith Jr. missed his first attempt and I thought Uh-oh, Nate redux.  Sure enough he took forever on every dunk with multiple tries.
Didn't he practice this ish?

Was glad Diallo won as he was better and actually completed good dunks on the 1st try.  Of course, not great when a guy you've barely heard of wins the dunk contest.  Hometown Bridges had some creative dunks, but couldn't get the 1st one down.  2nd was spiffy.

Along with most of the 2nd half of the Yute game this is the most A-S weekend I've seen in well over a decade.  Maybe 2.
I think this is mostly for kids.

I remember back in the pre-cable day when the AS game was useful a interesting -- a chance to see guys you've only read about in newspaper boxscores (newspaper?  what's that?).  Like Dennis Johnson, Sikma, David Thompson, later even Karl Malone.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: February 17, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »

I’ve definitely caught more of the newbie games than main events the last few years. Condensed games, the uptick in national games, and free league pass windows give a fan many more opportunities to look in than a generation ago. I’m glad that our guys are getting some days to rest up, heal, and refocus.

DJ, Luke, and Knox make for a competitive enough for now starting frontcourt. DSJ seems to have the inside track on the PG reins.

If it does turn in to wins it effects how far we can fall more than it does our odds of rising or staying on top in the draft.

This season is still more fun than any since our ECF run with the geriatric squad.

I’m starting to think about doing next season at or near the salary floor.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: February 17, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »

Yeah, the yute game is better because you get to see guys you might not be too familiar with.  Though these days it's easy to see rooks, watch highlights, get news about everything and everyone.  problem is Yute game is the first thing and I almost always miss it.

Saw much of the 2nd half of the AS game.  Jeez, 3Q it looked like everyone was going half-speed, like it was a practice.  Then devolved into guys trying to make long 3's.  Yawn.  Wound up with the best players shooting league average on mostly uncontested 3's.  Not much sizzle or flash or creativity or intensity.  Bunch of great players lollygagging.

Well, I somehow saw half of most of the AS weekend stuff (though could only take 10 secs of Quavo).  I'll try to miss it next year . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: February 17, 2019, 11:37:53 PM »

What's happened to Chip?
Didn't he survive the KZ trade?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: February 18, 2019, 02:41:16 AM »

Was glad Diallo won as he was better and actually completed good dunks on the 1st try.  Of course, not great when a guy you've barely heard of wins the dunk contest.

This is a little unfair to Diallo. He was one of the top ranked players in high school, hotly recruited to Kentucky. He disappointed and slipped to the second round (and was looking like a solid pick until his injury).

Agree with you that the right guy won, and also that, had Bridges hit his first dunk, things may have progressed differently.

I liked Collins first dunk and his second was so ridiculous - especially when he tore up the plane - that I couldn't help but to laugh. I'm down for one overly elaborate gimmick gone terribly wrong every dunk contest.

There was some funny online chatter pre-contest amongst Knick fans over who/what would be the funniest thing DSJ could jump over. Best suggestions:

- an actual tank
- a unicorn
- a piece of wood (in reference to his tweet from when he was 15 years old: https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/22/nba-draft-old-tweets-dennis-smith-jr-terrance-ferguson)

and my personal fave:

- Janis Porzingis

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: February 18, 2019, 03:57:48 AM »

Collins 1st dunk looked really ho-hum.
He had much better in the rook game.

I was surprised how improvised most of the Dunk Contest appeared considering this was a major national stage for relatively unknown players.   

- Diallo supposedly was going to use Wade as a hold-the-ball prop, but DSJ tabbed Wade first, so he went with the rapper.  Scurry seemed unaware he was going to be asked to toss the ball up, so he asked Diallo how he wanted it and then did a few quick practice lobs to get ready. 

- Obviously Collins prepared the plane prop (prop plane?) but he first put on the aviator goggles and quickly realized they were going to hamper him and discarded the antiquated eyewear.  He also didn't seem to know how to arrange the scarf.  Didn't he even try a practice dunk wearing the scarf and goggles?  Apparently not.

- DSJ and Bridges has significant trouble completing their dunks.  Leading me to wonder how much they prepped.  Were they making these in practice?  Did they practice much?  I imagine changing teams recently probably crimped DSJ's free time to get ready for the dunk contest.

Every year I think of dunks that these guys could try.
When Bridges heaved it off the backboard and then had to do it again.  I thought it'd be great to have him throw it off the backboard, catch it and then run towards the other basket and either do a FT line dunk or something else.   Of course the cameras and such wouldn't be in place, but the complete misdirection would be amusing.

I'd also like to see a big guy dunk it straight down and then the contestant fly in and grab the bounce of that dunk and re-dunk.  There should be a way to make that look cool.

Then there are my more wacky ideas from years past.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: February 18, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »

Golden Age of Latvian hoops:
Kristaps Porziņgis, Davis Bertans, Rodions Kurucs and Anzejs Pasecniks drafted by ORL.

Which is why it was a mistake to cancel Latvian night!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: February 18, 2019, 03:50:31 PM »

We’ve got room for a ten day.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2019/2/7/18216166/former-rockets-forward-terrence-jones-is-ready-for-second-chance-in-the-nba-erie-bayhawks-g-league

This guy is adding a lot of passing to his game. Could be worth a look.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: February 18, 2019, 11:17:49 PM »

I always thought TJones looked good and had nice tools.  Was surprised he dropped out of the league.  Thought it might be a maturity/effort/focus thing.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: February 19, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: February 19, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »

T Jones is the guy who stomped on a homeless guy outside a Portland club.  Wouldn't be surprised if teams just thought he was an a**hole.
5+ years ago.  He's 27 now.  Hopefully he's matured.  But that's horrendous judgment for anyone, let alone a wealthy, large strong guy.

(I forgot who had done that.  Now that I see it was TJones, I'm glad he dropped out of the League.  I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance, but good to see karma is still operating)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: February 19, 2019, 02:16:04 PM »

I had totally forgotten about that. No to Jones. He can work on redemption elsewhere.

Speaking of derailed careers, bad decisions in youth, and China, Michael Beasley is going back to China. He’ll be a low mileage high ability minimum bet at 31 next year as we look to fill out the back of the roster. Otherwise there’s not much of interest in the CBA.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: February 19, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »

Lester Hudson - 10 day.......

WE have seen enough of our current guards to know what options they carry for next year.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: February 19, 2019, 03:00:00 PM »

Ridiculous.
Les Hud is 34, hits 35 this Summer.
And what would that do push Franc to 4 PG and 7th G overall?
How does that (or Les) benefit anything?
Complete nonsense.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1844