Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900319 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #4995 on: March 24, 2019, 03:09:11 AM »

MIL with some ill-timed injuries.
Brogdon, Mr Key Guy, probably missing 1st round of playoffs.
Mirrortrick* out for rest of season, hopefully back for playoffs.
GrandPau Gasol bum ankle out a month.

Not shaping up well for MIL.  Gotta hope to sweep the 1st round and have time to heal up.  Need the Frog back for 2nd round, and Mirotic important too in any tough series.

* try to logically explain why a mirror reverses left and right but not top and bottom.  We all know this is true, but explaining it is surprisingly complicated.  I think I have a simple elegant explanation, but it's not one of the 2 or 3 scientific explanations competing out there. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: March 24, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »

Another loss. So....what happened to Kornet? Injured? In as much as these games don't mean shit, it's odd that he's not even playing a minute.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: March 24, 2019, 02:49:59 PM »

Pretty good Knick game.
I just accidentally tuned in early 1Q.
Thought it was a replay for some time, before I realized it was live.

Both teams played hard and competed.
DeAndre the Giant was revved.
Mud was having a fine game until he started making mistakes left and right and center the last few minutes.
Lost his man for a wide open Clip 3.
Barreled into Gallo twice -- once a fortunate no-call (no charge), the second time he didn't have a layup and threw the ball away.
Lost his focus.

Franc got mildly reinjured; Know turned his ankle; Zonja tried but is sloppy.  Dot and Mitch were effective. 
Knix played pretty well, until they started losing everyone on the perimeter late.

Love the tenacity of Harrell & Pa Bev.
Shai Guy also gets into it on D, but sometimes overdoes it.
63 points for Clips bench v. 61 from their starters.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: March 24, 2019, 03:00:25 PM »

You can't make chop suey out of ... wait, how does that saying go?

Fizzy went with Kadeem and Jenkins.
Chop Suey and Hellenson pined away.
Lance played a lot.  But I think that's because Fizz wanted someone who wouldn't be afraid of Montrezl.

I haven't seen enough lately to know what's going on with rotations and such.  But Fizz played 3 guards a lot, with Kadeem out there with Dot and Mud.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: March 24, 2019, 03:09:22 PM »

“Having veterans, I think, solid veteran play, always helps young guys,” Knicks coach David Fizdale said. “I was thinking about Scott Perry’s teams in Detroit when Tayshaun [Prince] got there. He wasn’t great at everything, but he could be impactful on games, because he had Chauncey and Rip and Rasheed and Ben Wallace and Lindsay Hunter. So he could come along a little slower with his process, figure things out. His warts didn’t show as much because other guys weren’t messing up."

“Kevin’s warts show, because everybody else is screwing up, too. So we can’t tuck him away and hide those things right now. But I think going through this is as good as going through it with veterans, because , and I think he’s going this fast-tracks you. This forces you to have to go through all of it and really face what you’re weak at in an immediate way. So I think all of this stuff has been good for himto be different than those numbers.”

I can endorse this.
I've said much the same.

It's not ideal to have your prized rook struggle for stretches.
But it's also not good to limit his minutes if he isn't doing well at times on a good vet team.

Fizz is keeping Knox positive and letting him work through things.
An 82 game season is long, especially when you lose 65 of them.
Lots of Knix got experience and learned about the NBA this year.

it's good DeGiant and Lance and Bernard the King are all talking with Knox and helping him through the end of this year.

Knox might miss a few games with the ankle, though it didn't look serious.  And they get better treatment than just my bag of ice.

Be a shame if Franc doesn't get at least 5 or more games in to finish the year.  There's a sense Franc could be shipped out.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Boston & NY
« Reply #5000 on: March 24, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.

Knicks play better without KK. Today it was interesting until they started throwing the ball away and not defending the 3 in the last few minutes. Well, maybe they just don’t know defense.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: March 24, 2019, 07:16:19 PM »

* try to logically explain why a mirror reverses left and right but not top and bottom.  We all know this is true, but explaining it is surprisingly complicated.  I think I have a simple elegant explanation, but it's not one of the 2 or 3 scientific explanations competing out there.

Because our eyes are left/right not top/bottom.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: March 24, 2019, 09:12:08 PM »

I like this team with Mudiay playing 35 minutes

Frank 6:50 and a -11

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: March 24, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »

19, 5 and 3.5 over 7 games for EM

49-103, 13-32, 21-22 shooting

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Mudiay
« Reply #5004 on: March 24, 2019, 09:51:03 PM »

Mudiay has done his thing this year.  Definitely good for his NBA career.  Not sure how good it was for Frank's career but Mudiay has shown up as an NBA player able to finish more often than not at the hoop.

What it takes to retain him?  That's dependent on a calculus of differential equations.  Who knows. 

Is he the answer at pg?  I don't know.  What do i know?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: March 24, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »

Mudiay is Lance Stevenson light. He can’t start on a good team, but brings useful attributes to any bench.

Is he worth his cap hold? Is he worth his cap hold to the Knicks?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: March 24, 2019, 11:41:02 PM »

I like this team with Mudiay playing 35 minutes

As long as all the minutes come before the game's final eight or so....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:19 AM »

Not sure Dennis has closed games too well

Give Mudiay 2 .more scorers to work with.....

Would be a shame to see him come to full potential elsewhere.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: March 25, 2019, 11:58:36 AM »

Lol, Dennis hasn't begun or middled most games very well.

Of course, everybody is playing in a cosmic slop.

Despite what some others say, I find this to be a very suspect environment for either individual assessment or growth.

••• Mudiay has certainly evolved into a pretty potent scorer through 3/4s. Nice. Still showing the same poor D and notably bad crunch-time decision-making when stuffs at the rack, strips in the lane, and bad pass turnovers become his norm. Would very much like to see him try to take the next step amidst something more resembling a team. Would still not be inclined to extend him any kind of long-term contract to do it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 12:07:51 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Boston & NY
« Reply #5009 on: March 25, 2019, 12:10:57 PM »

Hey Bank, I think your team misses Kelly Olynyk. Maybe that’s why they’re losing so much.

Carlos-Not sure KO is the answer to what ails the Celts. They have massively underperformed so far this year. And IMO the responsibility flows from Ainge to Brad to what is a very deep and talented team playing well below their talents. Times running out for them to get their shit together.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1844