Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899649 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5280 on: April 14, 2019, 01:51:21 PM »

It seems like you've had trouble understanding from the start that I was planning to do the whole season.

Really, I was kidding. Just don't. Do a crossword puzzle. Bake a pie. Volunteer in a kids' home. Something

Which of course, as usual, you initiated.

I actually try to have a conversation and discussion, while you're up for putdowns and smackdowns.

Oh, so it was Big Bad Lester who made poor little dignified and civil Bo Peep go bad...all hail the power of the MOLESTER

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: April 14, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »

Games 21-30

Mon, Nov 26 @ Memphis  W103-98    7-14   
Wed, Nov 28 @ Detroit     L115-108    7-15

Thu, Nov 29 @ Phila      L117-91       7-16   
Sun, Dec 2 vs Milwaukee W136-134 OT 8-16   
Tue, Dec 4    vs Washington  L110-107     8-17

Fri, Dec 7   @ Boston      L128-100     8-18   
Sun, Dec 9 vs  Brooklyn      L112-104     8-19
  [5 Pt game with 5 mins left]   

Mon, Dec 10 vs Charlotte    L119-107     8-20
[not as close as final score; Knick 4Q comeback never close]
Thu, Dec 13  @ Cleveland   L113-106      8-21
 [Knix were up 1 with 32 secs left; Lost by 7!]   
Sat, Dec 15  @  Charlotte   W126-124 OT 9-21

Another 3-7 Sequence:
3 W's, inc beating MIL!
3 Close Losses
1 in-between Loss where the Knix got down double digits, and couldn't close the gap with DET, losing by 7.
1 poor loss to CHA where Knix fell behind in 2Q & 3Q
2 Blowouts -- but at least to PHI & BOS on the Road.

Again, 6 or 7 Competitive Games;
2 of the Blowouts to Powerhouses.
The CHA Loss at Home was poor.  2nd game of a B2B, as was the @PHI thrashing.

30 games in, 9-31, and mostly competitive games.

One thing I didn't like was how the Knix didn't defend Home court well all year, including some slow starts.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:14:16 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• View Profile
The Big Reveal
« Reply #5282 on: April 14, 2019, 02:13:22 PM »

Feeling a wee bit of remorse at having played a role in corrupting Bo's dignity and subjecting him to uninteresting discourse unworthy of his elevated nature, come Easter Sunday, the artist formerly known as lesterdog will cease to exist. I hereby announce the forthcoming birth of:

lesterlamb

*** unlike his predecessor, lesterlamb is all about the boingie boingie happees

******* FYI: Fiz still sucks ass. Save the yout. Can him quick. Bo, stop. Nobody wants to see games 61-70. No has boings.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:20:10 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 14, 2019, 02:35:19 PM »

I try to keep an open mind.
I was Fizzdale's harshest critic when he was hired.  Thought he was a flim-flam man.  A BS-er.  Even his glasses-and-beard combo seemed vaguely annoying.  But I like the way he doled out minutes and gave guys confidence and secured the tank.  So I've come around.  I'm willing to wait til we have a team to see how he does.  But I more or less like him now. 

I was saying Mud might be out of the League soon.  I was wrong.  He still has a messy game I'm not fond of, but he figured some things out, mostly how to lower his shoulder and get off fairly open midrange shots.  He's also better at finishing around the rim.  Still strikes me as a Tyreke Evans or Evan Turner type.  And his D needs work.  But he looks like he has another 5+ years in the League, and hopefully will find a good fit for what he brings.  If he gets his 3-shot consistent, then he could be interesting. 
A lot to work on for Mud, but he's young and has stuff to build on now.  I'd give some credit to Fizz ...

Tangelo has proven a better player than I thought.  He's still turnover prone, but has become more consistent within games, whereas he used to have one big quarter and then disappear.  I don't like his style, and his focus comes and goes, but his effort is mostly good.  And he's got a swagger this year.  growing up, methinks.

From Mud & Tangelo, I'm trying to learn not to worry too much if a player is a PG or not.  Combo guards can start if there are other facilitators.  Positions are blurring and disappearing, and I'm probably latching on to PG as a set position too much.  Hard thing to let go of, after being conditioned so long.  Maybe I just need to watch more Scurry.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:20 PM »

Nice effort by Jamal "better than Mudiay" Murray last night

Do you really believe Mudiay is better than Murray? It's unfathomable.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Unfathomable
« Reply #5285 on: April 14, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »

Unfathomable is Chico’s middle name.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 14, 2019, 07:41:14 PM »

I believe if Mudiay remained the starter there Denver would have had a very fine season

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 14, 2019, 07:48:08 PM »

As for Kanter (again)

The dude got 18 rebounds and 20 points in Portland's playoff win over OKC.

Not fucking bad.

lesterluv

• View Profile
No Place In The Modern Game (unless the team in the modern game has a coach)
« Reply #5288 on: April 14, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »

Meanwhile....

Enes the Menace lays down a big 20/18 with a few blocks & assists in 34 minutes with the game-best plus/minus for players on either team.

He's quite literally saved the Blazers' season.

A George three with 2:38 left brought the Thunder to within 1, sending a serious scare into the Blazers faithful, but Lillard answered back with a patented logo three. Whenever Portland missed a shot after, it seemed like Kanter was there to snag the offensive board and give them another possession.

Fiz's issues with three really talented tall Euro's not a good look, for him or for our team. They can smell horseshit and just don't seem to feed on his country-fried cheese.

•••• What hole ya hiding' in Ike? Best keep digging deeper....lol, where you hiding at Kam, lol, lol, lol...

Oklahoma City scored just .81 points per chance in 27 pick-and-rolls involving Kanter according to Second Spectrum tracking, as compared to the Thunder's average of .91 points per chance during the regular season.

••••• I still like the Thunder in this series, but maybe Portland busts through for a change instead of just busting.

••••• Bo, if you're still working on section 41-50 of the "competitiveness log" you don't need to finish it.

Damian Lillard on @Enes_Kanter: "He was the MVP of the game."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:30:30 PM by lesterdog »

lesterluv

• View Profile
Enes Kanter Gots The Boingee Boingee Happees
« Reply #5289 on: April 14, 2019, 07:52:05 PM »

OOPs, ya beat me to the Turkish Delight!

This is lovely: Enes smacks the *^& out of Westbrook and then does his "one-dimensional" thing at the other end of the floor. :))

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNBA/status/1117519538239754242

Impact in The Modern Game:
Blazers' last 10 playoff games without Enes: 0-10
Blazers' playoff record with Enes: 1-0

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:21:36 PM by lesterdog »

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
NO Big Reveal
« Reply #5290 on: April 14, 2019, 08:36:59 PM »

Feeling a wee bit of remorse at having played a role in corrupting Bo's dignity and subjecting him to uninteresting discourse unworthy of his elevated nature, come Easter Sunday, the artist formerly known as lesterdog will cease to exist. I hereby announce the forthcoming birth of:

lesterlamb

Oh, NOOOOOOOO .....

YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ...MY DOGGIE!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:01:36 PM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile

Meanwhile....

Enes the Menace lays down a big 20/18 with a few blocks & assists in 34 minutes with the game-best plus/minus for players on either team.

He's quite literally saved the Blazers' season.

A George three with 2:38 left brought the Thunder to within 1, sending a serious scare into the Blazers faithful, but Lillard answered back with a patented logo three. Whenever Portland missed a shot after, it seemed like Kanter was there to snag the offensive board and give them another possession.

Fiz's issues with three really talented tall Euro's not a good look, for him or for our team. They can smell horseshit and just don't seem to feed on his country-fried cheese.

•••• What hole ya hiding' in Ike? Best keep digging deeper....lol, where you hiding at Kam, lol, lol, lol...

Oklahoma City scored just .81 points per chance in 27 pick-and-rolls involving Kanter according to Second Spectrum tracking, as compared to the Thunder's average of .91 points per chance during the regular season.

••••• I still like the Thunder in this series, but maybe Portland busts through for a change instead of just busting.

••••• Bo, if you're still working on section 41-50 of the "competitiveness log" you don't need to finish it.

Damian Lillard on @Enes_Kanter: "He was the MVP of the game."

Les, I just thought some parts of your post needed re-sizing.

I personally was for the tank. Hey, you never know what you can get with an extra 1.5% or whatever. But Fizzy wasn't tanking. Like I said before, he's just INCOMPETENT. No "system" whatsoever. "Hey guys, just play, I'll dole out minutes after checking out which way the wind is blowing, that's in my job description."

And with the way he mismanaged players, any star would have to be crazy to come and play for him. I mean, in addition to the fiasco with KP and with EK, why all the DNP's inflicted on Deandre?

Here's one "STAR" that we can get.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:03:54 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Cassowary
« Reply #5292 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »

Nothing to do with the Knicks (that I know of). Just a really cool birdie.

And very competitive, ... maybe.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:25:04 PM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Nagel

• View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 15, 2019, 01:16:11 AM »

As for Kanter (again)

The dude got 18 rebounds and 20 points in Portland's playoff win over OKC.

Not fucking bad.
yet we throw him away.  old dude right.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 15, 2019, 06:04:18 AM »

I find the Fire Fizz chants bewildering.
This was a weak roster of scattered talents with many cast-offs and rooks.
It was a Development and Tanking Year.  Imo, we accomplished both.
Unless you think we're competing for a deep playoff run next year, then this was Y0 of the rebuild.
And Fizz gets Y1 next year with a new top rook and hopefully some sort of useful FAgent.

As for Kanter, he was more concerned about his contract year and numbers than any team plan.
He was still playing a good amount and putting up big bench numbers.
But he started whining and complaining very publicly, and forced the issue.
Basically, the Knix were unlikely to re-sign Kant at any price he'd be looking for.
Knix have extensive other needs, hope to make a splash in FA, and it's not hard to find a cheap decent C these days.

As for DeAndretheGiant, what would be the point of playing him late season? 
Maybe to see how he paired with Knox?  But Knix wanted to see Knox and Mitch more.
According to Fizz, DeAndre was fine with sitting out, and was supportive of Mitch.
I suppose FA and DeAndre's market value will decide if he'll be back.`

He turns 31 this Summer.  Was up and down for the Knix. 
Some games active, some games lethargic.
Did some nice high post passing.
Knix were only 2-17 when he played.
And he only sat 7 games.
I fail to see the crisis.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1844