Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900015 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5340 on: April 17, 2019, 11:09:23 AM »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Louisville as NBA factory
« Reply #5341 on: April 17, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »

The University of Louisville has had 75 players taken in the NBA Draft, including eight in the last six years.

There are seven guys who are currently getting opportunities in the NBA — Deng Adel (Cleveland Cavaliers), Gorgui Dieng (Minnesota Timberwolves), Montrezl Harrell (Los Angeles Clippers), Damion Lee (Golden State Warriors), Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz), Terry Rozier (Boston Celtics) and Ray Spalding (Phoenix Suns). Of those seven, four are playing with their respective teams in the NBA playoffs and are key pieces on their rosters.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:30:50 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Mitchell
« Reply #5342 on: April 17, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »

Robinson joins Mark Eaton as the only NBA rookies to average more than two blocks per game in 20 minutes per game or fewer.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Steven Adams
« Reply #5343 on: April 17, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »

7 for 8 from the field.  Guarded by Ekant.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: April 17, 2019, 03:02:03 PM »

Would love to continue the argument, but I have the NUGGETS in the Finals

heh - Go, Jamaaaaal.

There's no argument. Nobody in the world thinks the Nuggets kept the wrong guy, and there's no way to prove that they did. So when you make this declaration, understand it is not one anyone can engage.

What we know: Murray is inconsistent but at times brilliant, while Mudiay is just the former. There is no professional on record as thinking the two are in the same class. Their salaries are going to be a strong indication of how much more Murray is valued than Mudiay (likely Jamal receives at least three or four times the total guaranteed salary). The Denver press has been ecstatic since they chose Murray over Mudiay.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 17, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 17, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »

I think you are correct on the salaries as Denver will re-up Murray while they did not with Emmanuel.

And I never said to get rid of Murray, by the way.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:59:20 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: April 17, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »

Interesting reading. Yeah, he's not sold on any of our point guards. Well, why should he be? As for Knox, nothing we couldn't see....
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Congratulations!
« Reply #5349 on: April 17, 2019, 09:43:13 PM »

heh

Better to have a crush on Muddy than on...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: April 18, 2019, 01:40:39 AM »

Knox has a lot to work on, but also a good deal to build on.
He's real young.  Good body.  Needs more strength and to fill out more.  His defensive awareness was not good.  But he has other things ahead of that (though that should be a focus too).

Franc is Rory Sparrow.
Looking like a backup combo guard.
But he's young.  And only got half a season in.
I'd put him in Summer League and tell him to be super-aggressive, look to score to make an assists every time down. 
Try to alter his mentality some.

I think his defense is reasonably solid, but overrated.  Foul prone. Sometimes not good angles or stance.  Might navigate a pick well or poorly.  Good effort.  Long arms.

Never understood why players, especially Points don't seek out Clyde's help.  Some might be intimidated a bit, others might think Clyde's got his job and role. Maybe some of the young guys and especially the foreigners don't really know who he was to some extent.

Always thought the team could help by giving Clyde some sort of semi-official role.  Pay Clyde $250K a year as a Defensive Consultant or Special Guard Guru.  I'm sure Clyde wouldn't mind the extra money and he's around the team most of the year and has down time in the hotel.  So he could give some advice and do some small side-work with some of the players on a weekly basis or whatever.  He knows his ish, knows how to communicate lessons pithily and effectively, and is basically scouting the team all season anyway.

So not just on the players, the Knicks could make it something semi-official.  I don't think a little Clyde on the Side would step on the toes of the coaching staff.

Mud, Franc, Jr. Smith could all use some overall guidance, especially on D.  Zo & Dot should be young sponges as well.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: April 18, 2019, 02:51:48 AM »

Agree that Clyde’s input would help. It’s not like he’s been away from the game.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:36 AM »

Franc is Rory Sparrow.

I remember first time I saw Mark Jackson in a Knick uni. First time on the court. As a rookie. It was like "holy f.." What talent. What game feel. The Rory Sparrow era is really, really over...finally, a real PG for the Knicks. So wonderful it was.

I remember the first time I saw Marbury in a Knick uni. First game after the trade. Similar feeling. All the Howard Eisleys washed away, though the glow quickly faded.

Looking forward to feeling that feeling again.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: April 18, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »

Knox has a lot to work on

The problem is what are the problems? Motor. Awareness. Court IQ.....head & heart issues like these often not fixable, different from say shooting mechanics. Rarely see those rectified satisfactorily. That's why I didn't and still don't like the pick. Not saying never, but to me, it is not promising.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: April 18, 2019, 10:38:38 AM »

Franc is Rory Sparrow.

I remember first time I saw Mark Jackson in a Knick uni. First time on the court. As a rookie. It was like "holy f.." What talent. What game feel. The Rory Sparrow era is really, really over...finally, a real PG for the Knicks. So wonderful it was.

I remember the first time I saw Marbury in a Knick uni. First game after the trade. Similar feeling. All the Howard Eisleys washed away, though the glow quickly faded.

Looking forward to feeling that feeling again.
I had the same feeling about Mark Jackson (and had it for him when he was in college).  And then I had the same feeling about Rod Strickland......
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 1844