Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1851

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 964142 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5461 on: April 24, 2019, 10:19:02 PM »

Chance for lead - Mitchell passes off to Rubio.

Ouch.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: April 24, 2019, 10:26:03 PM »

Jazz could use a Kanter.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: April 24, 2019, 10:37:35 PM »

He should take a journeyman contract in Portland for a couple of years then look for a payday. That team really masks his flaws and gives him the best chance to continue changing his rep in the league.

Come on, he has to take the money when he can get it. Dude is damn-near stateless. If someone offers double what the Blazers offer, he should take it. He's vulnerable.

He should already has stupid money from the last contract. Steady employment that burnishes his reputation should be more valueable. He’s already in the citizenship process. A couple of years at around the mle should buy him a vast swath of the great north woods as he needs to worry about his security based on his political situation.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: April 25, 2019, 01:38:18 AM »

I can see how Kanter's political worries and justifiable paranoia might have affected how he dealt with the Knix.  The guy is under some pressure.

But saying he's near-stateless so he needs to cash in is a little rich.  Kant made $18M last year.  And the year before.  He could buy a Palestinian or Syrian refugee camp.  Whole thing -- people and UN guards included.  Being an elite level hoopster, he could also probably easily arrange Philippine or some other citizenship in a pinch.   He's got a US green card and is on the path to citizenship.  He also has a legit asylum claim in the US, which he likely won't need to use.  But that's another backup option.

I like that he's stood up to Erdogan, and kept his beliefs despite substantial hardships being attached to that decision.  I like that he plays hard, and at least tries on D.  I didn't like his complaining, but maybe I just had Craw flashbacks.

Like Craw, Kant's best role going forward could well be as a bench energizer who beasts 2nd units.  Of course he'll want starter money and probably minutes.  Be interesting to see what he signs for and who wants him.

Just scanning the standings, only Memf and CLE popped out as teams needing a starting C.  Probably some others.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:48 AM »

Chance for lead - Mitchell passes off to Rubio.
Ouch.

Yup, Rubio airballed a corner 3 over the rim with around 1:10 left, Jazz down 1.  Sad.  Thereafter, the Jazzmen got stripped 3 times in the paint.  DMitch twice, one after an O-board, one on a drive (poked away by a helping Gordon), and Harden with 5 fouls poked the ball away from Gobert.  This was all while the game was within 3 points.  Great hands and strips by HOU.  UTA had ops, could have forced a G6 in UTA easily and been in position to make it a 7G series. 

Blown ops.  Harden had 5 fouls, I thought they needed to go at him strong. 

I think Jingles best years are behind him.  Might need to be a 6th man.  If you're going to play GoBear and Favors, you need another aggressive 3-shooter and driver to pair with Mitchell. 
Jingles looking too limited pn O, and he's their weakest defender.  He's a nice player, but they could use a starting SF upgrade.  (did someone order an Uber?).
Relying on Rubio 3's is death.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: April 25, 2019, 04:34:29 AM »

Clips are staying alive.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: April 25, 2019, 09:29:56 AM »

Ingles would be a good Knick.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: April 25, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »

To correct my last post.
Mitchel got stripped down low after an O-board just inside the 2 min mark.  Not after Rubio's over-the-rim-shot.

And re-watching the Mitchell pass to Rubio was a good basketball play.  He was open, there were guys underneath for a rebound.  1 pt game, and 1:12 when the pass was made, so still decent amount of time.  Maybe should have kept the ball and forced the issue, but an open guy in the corner ...
A play just a little before that Mitchell passed to O'Neale who missed a right elbow 3.  Not really Donovan's fault the guys' he set up couldn't knock down open shots in the clutch.  Just needed one of those 2 to drop . . .

The other two HOU strips were inside 1 min and really sealed the win.  Harden picked up his 5th foul with about 3:40 left.   I would have tried to get him out of the game.  Or at least get easy baskets if he played it cautiously.  NBA coaches rarely seem to try to get a player in foul trouble or foul him out when a guy has 5.  Not sure why, since sans Harden, Rockettes would have a tougher time.  Make Chris Paul force things.

I'd have to look over the series, but sure seemed Capela outplayed or at least outhustled GoBear.  GoBear just didn't seem locked in, including getting stripped by Harden just before a rim attack that would have cut it to 1 with ~34 secs left.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: April 25, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

Jazz could use a Kanter.

Jazz could use a Blake Griffin!
They desperately need another player who can create his own shot.

Key to Utah-Hou is MITCHELL, plain and simple.
No.  He will not get it done.

I talked about Rubio and Jingles as keys.
And both underperformed leading to the result.
But you were probably more on the money saying it was up to Mitchell and he would come up short.
Rocky season for him.  Tough playoffs as well.
If he made that late 3 in I think it was G2, things coulda been different.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: April 25, 2019, 09:35:02 PM »

C'mon, Jamaal!

(No way Nuggets win a game 7)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: April 25, 2019, 10:13:26 PM »

As a 11 year old kid, I watched jarring John, the bouncing Buck Eye from Ohio State, as a rookie and marveled at his tireless energy and all-around excellence first as a C's 6th man and then as a true NBA super star. He was an all-time great and legend.

I feel older and much sadder learning of his passing.

RIP Hondo

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Hey Fac
« Reply #5472 on: April 25, 2019, 10:18:06 PM »

Nice pic you got

"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: April 26, 2019, 02:26:51 AM »

Havlicek one of the all-time greats.
A little before my time, but I recall a tribute to him at the RAC (Rutgers) during a Nets game on his farewell tour.
8 titles in 15 years.  Played hard every game.
So in his final season, age 37, Hondo played all 82 games, averaged 34 min per, and put up 16 / 4 / 4.
(while 37 40 years ago was more like 40 today)
2 seasons Havlicek averaged over 45 mins per game.
Skilled and relentless.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Hey Fac
« Reply #5474 on: April 26, 2019, 02:45:49 AM »

Nice pic you got

If you could only see where Putin has put his other hand...

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1851