Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 917050 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5700 on: May 12, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »

well I wouldn't turn him down....

*** good stuff today, basketball is fun sometimes, maybe, by the time the grandson I don't have yet gets married Knick basketball will be fun again
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
And by the way ...
« Reply #5701 on: May 12, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »

well I wouldn't turn him down....

*** good stuff today, basketball is fun sometimes, maybe, by the time the grandson I don't have yet gets married Knick basketball will be fun again

... don’t restrain yourself. I’m here to have fun 😎
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: May 13, 2019, 12:51:15 AM »

Great game.  Credit Philly.

Kawhi stays

Kyrie leaves

KD leaves

Butler stays

Harris leaves

Kemba stays

- Nice job by much maligned Evan Turner by the way in the earlier contest.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Well that sucked
« Reply #5703 on: May 13, 2019, 02:25:34 AM »

I wanted Houston to beat GSW,  and i thought Denver had a better chance to beat GSW.

GO Blazers, i guess.

Enes did a great job playing if he was observing Ramadan.  He was always lauded for playing hurt.  Came to a game on crutches, played the game, and left on crutches.  All that stuff i can respect.   And he gets to keep playing.  Hope he keeps it up.  I am glad we won't be paying his next contract. 

For all the talk of Space Jam 2... Enes is actually re-living Jerome James's 2005

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Market dynamics
« Reply #5704 on: May 13, 2019, 02:32:05 AM »

Summary: Knix offer too much uncertainty, unreadiness and potential for failure.  BKY lets you breathe and is a more ready-made gig.

None of this matters.   Guys say to themselves.... if i go there, i'll make that team great.

I'd agree.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Free Agents
« Reply #5705 on: May 13, 2019, 02:32:14 AM »

Jimmy Butler is only one year younger than Kevin Durant but i feel like KD's game will age much more gracefully.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Game 7s
« Reply #5706 on: May 13, 2019, 02:50:02 AM »

Lester mentioned Denver's inexperience.  True dat.  The NBA is a different league.... you don't get any Las Vegas Golden Knights in the NBA like the NHL.  There are no worsts to firsts like in the NFL.   No Cinderellas. You gotta take your lumps.  Even the mighty Warriors had to lose to the Clippers in 2014 (1st rd, Game 7 loss) and Spurs in 2013 (2nd rd).  In 2015 many (myself included) said the Warriors got lucky in their WCF opponent (remember the favored Clippers choked away Game 7 with James Harden on the bench Houston game from behind in the 4th to upset them) but their previous playoff losses were the sacrifices unto the NBA gods that allowed their ascension.  It wasn't luck*. It was the residue of design.  A design born of necessity from the demise of previous incarnations.  Evolution is how it works in the NBA.  You must die a thousand deaths to develop the resistance so that you may live another day.

Portland is on a similar journey.  I won't say any more.  Don't want to jinx them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy for Toronto.   I'm so happy for us that we get to watch Giannis vs. Kawhi.

Philedelphia has a very unlikeable team.  And as previously stated.   They haven't evolved yet.  There was no way the NBA gods would see fit to allow them to advance.  Next year may be an entirely different story.  But as journey's go i think they are a year or two behind where Portland is. 

And the great thing about the NBA.... its like real life Game of Thrones..... you slow build these fledgling playoff squads year after year hoping one day a Portland or a Philadelphia might capture the throne... and you know they may never do it!  You might have to just be satisfied with the journey and not the result.  Knick fans of a certain age know that pain all too well.  All of us included.

--------------

*Ok  they did get pretty lucky LeBron chose to break up the Heatles.  Would've liked to have seen Dubs vs. Heat in 2015.  Instead they got Cleveland with Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving injured.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 02:54:31 AM by Kam »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: May 13, 2019, 04:01:44 AM »

The EC teams both have coaches who are in their first go around with their squads. The West has two teams with long tenured coaches. Does that give whichever western team emerges a leg up in the finals?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:58 AM »

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/1127784906204037121

Exactly, Joel!

Same goes for Harden and the Rockets

Fuck the so called analysts.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: May 13, 2019, 10:00:46 AM »

Joel Embiid is a monster. He's still got a hell of a lot to learn about basketball and taking care of his body. I suspect he will do so if the body doesn't break down first.

James Harden actually had a better playoffs then in some of his prior, putrid performances, but he ain't never gonna win nothing nonetheless, certainly not while playing D'Antoni's rancid version of the game.

I don't think Budenholzer stands at a disadvantage to anyone in the league in terms of coaching matchups. Not so sure about Nurse.

I think the Blazers actually have a small, but real shot against the Warriors, especially given some of the strange dynamics there. Portland's starting backcourt is absolutely on par. Their role players, Turner, Hood, Collins, are doing what they're supposed to do for a team that's in sync and on a run, and they've got some others like Layman still in the trunk.

Big Snacks, lol, Big Snacks. Yeah that guy did parlay one playoff run into the contract-of-a-lifetime and taunted his tormentors while doing so, ala Enes. Not many other similarities though. Was like 30 years old averaging 4 points a game career when we laid the bucks on him. EK is 25 with a 20+ PER and one cheeseburger cheat day notwithstanding, can't keep out of the gym.

*** we had Jerome James and Eddy Curry on the team at the same time??? No wonder we continue to pay the supreme karmic price for past transgressions. If there were a way for us to bump down 29 slots to the last pick in the draft in Tuesday's draft lottery it would happen..surely no franchise, in any sport, in any era, has been so long term laughable
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:15:48 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: May 13, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »

Disagree

Lean toward Warriors in 4 or 5.

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: May 13, 2019, 11:32:43 AM »

Small chance, I say, but real.

*** CJ is really in a special place right now. Damian every other game. For Klay & Curry, on the other hand, despite game six, it's kinda feeling like an effort to get there. Not predicting it by any means, but saying I can visualize it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:42:35 AM by lesterdog »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: May 13, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »

Helluva game 7.  The Rapture of the Raptors.
I made sure all day not to know who won, so I could watch a replay with the drama intact.  Turned out to be a great move.

Crazy last shot.  Though Kawhi should have just made his FT.
Unfortunately Chinese Tv cut right off after the game ended, in a  rush to get to their cricket-fighting show.  So I didn't even get one replay of the final shot.

Butler struggled much of the game, but made a few key shots.
Kawhi struggled much of the night, but persevered and had a strong 4Q.  Ibaka canned some important 3's, mostly 3Q.
Siakim was invisible.  Lowry couldn't get going (but had one tough basket down the stretch.  Really it was Kawhi doing it all.  41 Points in 43 minutes on a night when he really wasn't on much of the game.

Embiid had a string defensive game.  but every time he lined up a 3, I felt he was doing TOR a favor.  Gad, PHI was -9 in the 2 minutes that Embiid sat (and Monroe tried to play).  I have two words for that: Bo Ban.

Not sure how VanVleet was a +10.  Looked like he had no confidence in his shot.  Siakim also didn't want to shoot most of the game.

Bucks-Raps should be a good one.
Hope Brog and Anunoby will play.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Rigged in Riga
« Reply #5713 on: May 13, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »

So a group of Russian Knick fans whacked KZ with a chair in a Latvian bar because he left NY?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Rigged in Riga
« Reply #5714 on: May 13, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »

So a group of Russian Knick fans whacked KZ with a chair in a Latvian bar because he left NY?

They thought he had left the Nyets.

I think nobody can stop Giannis this year. He’s the true NBA Superman, ready to win it all.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 1848