Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899592 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5805 on: May 15, 2019, 02:54:50 PM »

At least they avoided Phil running the team . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
The TANK worked for us
« Reply #5806 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »

Our tank was strong.

Cleveland and Phoenix had weak tanks and fell out of the top 4.

The lesson here, as with anything you do in life: If you are going to tank, tank all the way.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Last night was rigged
« Reply #5807 on: May 15, 2019, 03:07:18 PM »

Hear me out:

New Orleans fanbase had to deal with the AD drama.  He is still not long for their franchise. But the NBA rewarded them with Zion.

Lakers were about to implode next season and have to face a LeBron trade demand.  Now they have the ammo to trade for a 2nd Star to pair with LBJ.

Knicks tanked and the NBA didn't want to be seen rewarding tanking - BUT NBA needed the Knicks relevant and they had to stay in the Top 3.  They did. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: May 15, 2019, 03:16:52 PM »

New Poll
The TANK:
- Worked
- Failed

Already created a poll

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
RJ Highlights
« Reply #5809 on: May 15, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »

Watch this video first and then tell me how the tank failed

https://youtu.be/369GE2FF94s

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Guess who TANKING worked great for?
« Reply #5810 on: May 15, 2019, 04:13:59 PM »

The Pelicans TANKED 

23-28  - Prior to AD trade demand

10-21  - After AD trade demand, benching and subsequent minutes limit

The Pels gave up at the end of January.    They tanked.   It worked.

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Last night was rigged
« Reply #5811 on: May 15, 2019, 04:27:12 PM »

Hear me out:

New Orleans fanbase had to deal with the AD drama.  He is still not long for their franchise. But the NBA rewarded them with Zion.

Lakers were about to implode next season and have to face a LeBron trade demand.  Now they have the ammo to trade for a 2nd Star to pair with LBJ.

Knicks tanked and the NBA didn't want to be seen rewarding tanking - BUT NBA needed the Knicks relevant and they had to stay in the Top 3.  They did.

Kam

Can you explain to me why the NBA needs the Knicks to be relevant?

I agree that NO tanked post AD trade talks started.

And i agree with the sentiment that tanking sucks and in general that it cuts to the integrity of the game.

its a problem with no easy solution as long as 1 18-YO kid can massively impact the future of a franchise.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: May 15, 2019, 04:29:34 PM »

Hear me out:

Kam

If the Knicks are a powerhouse team the next time that Disney/ABC contract is up for renewal the NBA can ask for the moon and the stars.  More prime time games in New York means more $$$.   

If the NBA wants to take down the NFL.... it needs the major cities LA, CHI, PHI, HOU, BOS, BRK, NYK to all be great and have legendary battles.  They should be aiming to take down Monday Night Football and replace it with Monday Night Hoops.

THINK BIG HERE.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:31:24 PM by Kam »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: May 15, 2019, 04:31:15 PM »

Tank worked great.  For Kanter.  For Mitch.  For...... KP.  Maybe Dotson and Kornet.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knicks saved money on the cap not drafting 1st
« Reply #5814 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:52 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/KnickFilmSchool/status/1128727211647864833

Cap situation got better.  Now we do not have to lose Dotson in order to sign 2 Max guys.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: May 15, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

Hear me out:

Kam

If the Knicks are a powerhouse team the next time that Disney/ABC contract is up for renewal the NBA can ask for the moon and the stars.  More prime time games in New York means more $$$.   

If the NBA wants to take down the NFL.... it needs the major cities LA, CHI, PHI, HOU, BOS, BRK, NYK to all be great and have legendary battles.  They should be aiming to take down Monday Night Football and replace it with Monday Night Hoops.

THINK BIG HERE.
I wasn't aware that attendence or ratings were suffering in NYC.

NBA has generaly flourshised here and globally over the past 20 years while the Knicks were largely irrelevant and the NBA universe was icentered in n cities like Cleveland and San Antonio.

As long as there are several competitive teams the NBA will be fine.

What they can't do is screw with the integrity of the game, as gambling is the next huge revenue source to be tapped.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:47:20 PM by bankshot1 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: May 15, 2019, 04:51:41 PM »

Hear me out:

Kam

THINK BIG HERE.

NBA has generaly flourshised here and globally over the past 20 years while the Knicks were largely irrelevant and the NBA universe was in cities like Cleveland and San Antonio.

What they can't do is screw with the integrity of the game, as gambling is the next huge revenue source to be tapped.

Bro
I said THINK BIG not THINK FINE

NBA doesn't want to be just fine.  It wants to capture the imagination of the casual fan.  The casual fan is having a hard time tuning into San Antonio v Cleveland over say.... American Idol.

Even with the Game 7 drama north of the border, most NBA heads were watching Game of Thrones. 

Its also not about ratings in NYC. If the Knicks are beasts then their games in OTHER markets will be bigger.  Their NATIONAL games will be bigger.  I think they were only on National TV once last year.   If Boston is not good you will still tune in to root for the Knicks to lose.  The NBA wants eyeballs.  Love it or hate it, people will watch New York and root one way or the other.  Nobody cares that strongly about say the Raptors or Portland.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: May 15, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »

"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: May 15, 2019, 05:26:30 PM »

So you don't think the NBA revival in the early 80s had anything to do with the fact you had Boston and LA facing each other in the finals year after year after year?   Those series had everything.  East vs West. White vs. Black.  But mostly two RABID fanbases with concentration of Superstar talent.

If Adam Silver had a wishlist going into last night, he got all his wishes granted.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 05:28:11 PM by Kam »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: May 15, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »

Hear me out:

Kam

THINK BIG HERE.

NBA has generaly flourshised here and globally over the past 20 years while the Knicks were largely irrelevant and the NBA universe was in cities like Cleveland and San Antonio.

Bro
I said THINK BIG not THINK FINE

NBA doesn't want to be just fine.  It wants to capture the imagination of the casual fan.  The casual fan is having a hard time tuning into San Antonio v Cleveland over say.... American Idol.

Even with the Game 7 drama north of the border, most NBA heads were watching Game of Thrones. 

Its also not about ratings in NYC. If the Knicks are beasts then their games in OTHER markets will be bigger.  Their NATIONAL games will be bigger.  I think they were only on National TV once last year.   If Boston is not good you will still tune in to root for the Knicks to lose.  The NBA wants eyeballs.  Love it or hate it, people will watch New York and root one way or the other.  Nobody cares that strongly about say the Raptors or Portland.

The NBA is a star league.

people watch stars.

And they don't seem to care what jersey they have on.

The Knicks have largely been irrelevant competively over much of the past  40 years and NBA popularity has soared relative its competitors.

I think you need the Knicks to be good a lot more than the NBA does.

and Yank got it right.

a picture is worth...
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1844