Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899281 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Bucks
« Reply #5880 on: May 18, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »

I don't feel any better about the Celts crappy performance against the Bucks, (losing 2 at home!) but the Bucks dominance tonight puts a little different spin on it. Monster message game against a very good team.

Ok, do they beat GS in 5, 6 or 7?

Giannis is SUPERMAN ⛹🏾‍♂️!!!

if KD plays I think the Warriors win in a 6 game series, if he's out or playing hurt, I think the Bucks can steal it in a long series, 6 or 7 games.

Hedggge

Heh

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: May 18, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »

I don't feel any better about the Celts crappy performance against the Bucks, (losing 2 at home!) but the Bucks dominance tonight puts a little different spin on it. Monster message game against a very good team.

if KD plays I think the Warriors win in a 6 game series, if he's out or playing hurt, I think the Bucks can steal it in a long series, 6 or 7 games.

Hedggge

Heh

were you aware KD is out, and will be out at least 2 more games?

And that the absence of one of the best players in the world may impact a possible final series outcome?

kid-do you practice clueless, or does it come naturally to you?

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5882 on: May 18, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »

Everybody is tradeable.

And I don't see much difference between Haywire now and prior to the trade deadline. 

Jan/Feb he started to play fairly well, after a rough first two months.  He was more consistent in Mar, then some shaky playoffs -- a good 1st round, followed by cratering v. MIL.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 18, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »

Almost forgot some NBA Trivia:

The Scurry Bros combined for 53 points the other game.  2nd most ever for a pair of brothers in a playoff game.  Which brother-combo holds the record for most points in a single playoff game?

Bonus: Which pair of brothers hold 3rd place now?

(and yes, both brothers had to have been in the same playoff game and played)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: May 18, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »

The only team that would have traded for Gordo and $100 mill worth of ass-basketball without a Tatum-like sweetener would have been the Knicks, and fortunately management seems to have changed its policies recently.

GM's more likely to think Chandler Parsons not K Porzingis when looking at that...
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Naturally
« Reply #5885 on: May 18, 2019, 04:52:06 PM »

kid-do you practice clueless, or does it come naturally to you?

That a trick question or what? 😅😂🤣
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: May 18, 2019, 04:55:31 PM »

saw this today in The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/17/18629224/mike-conley-trade-market-memphis-grizzlies-ja-morant-nba-draft

"The Grizzlies are reportedly zeroing in on Ja Morant as the point guard of the future. So what happens to the best point guard in franchise history? We look at some of the teams that probably will inquire about Conley and nominate a few that probably should."

According to the writer, the Lakers, Knicks and Celts are among the favorites, and here is an excerpt from the Celts write-up.

Boston Celtics: If Irving leaves and Terry Rozier gets rewarded by another team for his brave sacrifice, the Celtics will suddenly be in desperate need of ball handlers....

Other than stuffing Memphis’s pockets with draft picks, the only reasonable option would be Gordon Hayward.

"Hayward’s contract goes for as long as Conley’s, at only a negligible markup, meaning you could simply swap one team’s problem for another’s. The big unknown is obviously Hayward’s health; he played in 72 games, with an average of 26 minutes a night, but his shot looked flat most of the time, he played timid, and his physique looked too swole to move fluidly. But it’s not like Conley hasn’t spent his share of time in the training room—he played only 11 more games than Hayward in 2017-18 because of a left heel injury—and Hayward has three fewer seasons and 7,600 fewer minutes on his surgically repaired lower extremity. It’d be selling low on Hayward, a player once as important to Boston’s master plan as Irving, but it may be better for both parties to start fresh, especially if Brad Stevens wants to rid himself of any suggestions that he’s still playing favorites.

Sounds familiar.

heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: May 18, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »

It was more of a Paul George freak broken bone type injury.
Parsons had multiple knee surgeries -- like a McDyess -- and never was as good as Hayward anyway.

After Marc Gasol struggled in Game 2, scoring two points on 1-for-9 shooting in 19 minutes, Nurse was asked about the possibility of making a lineup change. He said that, in fact, he could make multiple -- perhaps a sign that, in addition to replacing Gasol with Serge Ibaka, he's considering benching Danny Green, who struggled for a third straight game, in favor of Norman Powell, who scored 14 points on 6-for-9 shooting in Game 2.

I had mentioned going with Lin over FVV.
Thought about Ibaka over Gasol.  Ma Gasol looked like he had varicose veins out there.  One play a lose ball dropped near him, and by the time he registered that and creakily moved towards it, a Buck snatched it.  Another play, Ma Gas twice passed up an open perimeter shot, having lost confidence in ball going through hoop.  But it's not like Ibaka is Mr. Reliable, but maybe starting would light a fire under him.  'Baka was active in G2 and certainly looked better than Gasol.

A Green-Powell swap seems like an overreaction off one good game for Norm.  You could always just have a short hook for Granny Deen if he plays tentatively.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: May 18, 2019, 05:09:13 PM »

Lillard's inability to produce anything near the basket is particularly disappointing. Consider these two stats:

In the regular season, Lillard averaged over 11 points per game on 2-pointers. In the first two games of this series, he has scored just six total points on 2s.

Lillard averaged 6.5 shots per game within 8 feet of the basket in the regular season. In this series, he has tried just three total in that zone.

Be interesting to see if Lillard tries to attack the rim, sticks with 3's at Home, runs PnR's or eschews them for one-on-one drives.
Lotta pressure on Dame.  Of course, it's a team game, and POR a good home team.  Should be a good game.

Both POR & TOR down 0-2 heading home, but certainly feels more demoralizing for TOR.  Though POR facing the more experienced foe.  Both POR & TOR familiar with playoff failure . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: May 18, 2019, 06:16:54 PM »

So...

What happens to your respective prognoses should POR win handily tonight?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:21:22 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: May 18, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »

Hedggge

Heh

Yes

You are a serial hedger.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: May 18, 2019, 07:05:25 PM »

Hedggge

Heh

Yes

You are a serial hedger.

I hedge when I see the advantage to doing so.

Carlos asked me a question, and I gave him answers dependent upon the largest variable that I saw and how that varible could impact the series.

if you do not understand that KD playing/not playing could materially impact the outcome, I don't know what to say, other than I'm not terribly surprised.

Both teams full-strength, I like GS.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: May 18, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »

:Attaboy...

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: May 18, 2019, 10:19:37 PM »

MEYERS LEONARD!!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: May 18, 2019, 10:23:47 PM »

So...

What happens to your respective prognoses should POR win handily tonight?

wellll?
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1844