Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899244 times)

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks coaching staff
« Reply #5910 on: May 19, 2019, 09:38:24 PM »

Ja needs to take Dame and Scurry out to dinner as soon as he signs his rookie deal. Hat tip to Steve Nash. Ja can buy him dinner as well.

Nash is RJ Barrett's godfather

Can the Knicks fire Fizzy and hire Nash?

Budenholzer is not going to be available after winning the finals with Milwaukee.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5911 on: May 19, 2019, 10:45:15 PM »

I think Nash has a place in the city. No reason not to see if he wants to work with the organization. I think he still has a place in the City, downtown somewhere. He used to play football (global, not American) in the Lower East Side.

Ja should take RJ’s godfather to dinner because his non-power school prodigious PG performance translated up to the NBA, as did Dame’s and Steph’s and CJ’s. Have to add CJ to the list.

Speaking of Canadians Toronto found its fight at home. It’s almost a series again.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: May 19, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »

Gasol is a fucking horror

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: ???
« Reply #5913 on: May 20, 2019, 12:23:33 AM »

Gasol is a fucking horror

45 min. 5-10 FG. 4-8 3PT. 12 REB. 7 AST. 5 BLK. +5. 16 PTS.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: May 20, 2019, 02:44:20 AM »

Almost forgot some NBA Trivia:

The Scurry Bros combined for 53 points the other game.  2nd most ever for a pair of brothers in a playoff game.  Which brother-combo holds the record for most points in a single playoff game?

Bonus: Which pair of brothers hold 3rd place now?

(and yes, both brothers had to have been in the same playoff game and played)

Barry Brothers
King Brothers

57 for the Kings.
Bernard scored 40 (on 16-21 FG; 8-9 FT's) and Albert 17 on April 20, 1983.  Pretty damn efficient.
Here's the box score: https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198304200NJN.html
Rory Sparrow scored 22.
All 5 Net starters in double figures.
Sly Williams made NYK's only 3 Pt attempt.
Nets went 1-5 on 3's, with Albert making his only attempt.

3rd place brother-playoff tandem . . .
George & Ed Mikan!
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: May 20, 2019, 03:08:54 AM »

Since it is a growing rumor that the FO is seeing if there is interest in Frank for a pick, what team would you target, what pick would you ask, and who would you hope to select with the pick?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: May 20, 2019, 08:15:44 AM »

Full court press on KD/Kawhi -

then quickly shift to Kemba.

can't be left with nothing.

I would be willing to draft Barrett, add Kemba and deal for A Davis using the rest of the cap space.

Do not get greedy.  If AD was a FA we would be fine with adding him as one of the 2 big acquisitions.  Why do we need him plus 2 others?

Kemba
Barrett
Knox
(power forward)
Davis

Sign me up.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: May 20, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »

Ja needs to take Dame and Scurry out to dinner as soon as he signs his rookie deal. Hat tip to Steve Nash. Ja can buy him dinner as well.

Different type of player.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: May 20, 2019, 09:41:22 AM »

Since it is a growing rumor that the FO is seeing if there is interest in Frank for a pick, what team would you target, what pick would you ask, and who would you hope to select with the pick?

The fact that they are targetting something like Phoenix' 32nd pick overall is pretty depressing.

Unless we're desperate for the cap space, this feels like a mistake to me. Frank's game will look better next to high usage guys who play smartly.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: May 20, 2019, 09:52:07 AM »

then quickly shift to Kemba.

can't be left with nothing.

I would be willing to draft Barrett, add Kemba and deal for A Davis using the rest of the cap space.

Do not get greedy.  If AD was a FA we would be fine with adding him as one of the 2 big acquisitions.  Why do we need him plus 2 others?

Kemba
Barrett
Knox
(power forward)
Davis

Sign me up.

Doubtful we can get Davis without giving up the 3rd pick, and pretty much impossible if Boston is actually in on the bidding.

I think Kyrie has to leave Boston, and the Pelicans have to feel unsure about Ingram's health for the Knicks to have any sort of leverage in a trade. Even then, DSJ + Frank + Mitch + Dot + IsoZo + three first rounders might not be enough.

All that said, Mirotic would be a PF that fits in capwise

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
very divisive mikey
« Reply #5920 on: May 20, 2019, 12:10:24 PM »

And let's hope it's Kawhi. KD's head is 100% NOT New York ready. Losing his sh%*^% on Instagram after win when Warriors fan praises his teammates. Too funny.

https://twitter.com/PrimeNickKerr/status/1130292368383434752

***fuck wrong wit u talking about curry, klay & dray , lol, lol, lol

***Dray's game was really a thing of wonder, might have focused on that instead, ya think?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:40:35 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: May 20, 2019, 01:06:59 PM »

TOR let MIL hang around all game.
When Anti-Giannis was playing terrible.
Raps just never could get that secondary run to up the lead to double digits, instead just maintaining a 5 or 6 point lead.

The Frog was again brilliant for MIL.
Captain Vleetheart was terrible for TOR.
Why not give Lin some run?  FVV has lost confidence.  1-11 and foul prone.  Looks awful.

Don't get any Ma Gasol criticism.  This was his first good game.  He was closing out on 3-point shots, moved the ball, set solid screens, tried not to shoot much (his 3's keep rimming out).  He made a couple bad plays (inc. a ridiculous kick out), and could be in better shape.  But had 5 blocks and played a solid game.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: May 20, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »

Earlier thoughts:

When GSW was busy gooning Zach Collins, I wondered if Pippen had flashbacks to his early playoff days v. DET ...

Ibaka tends to lollygag back on D.  Gets burned on it now and then.  His focus seems to come and go.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: May 20, 2019, 01:15:54 PM »

The fact that they are targetting something like Phoenix' 32nd pick overall is pretty depressing.

Unless we're desperate for the cap space, this feels like a mistake to me. Frank's game will look better next to high usage guys who play smartly.

Sad loyalty.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: May 20, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »

Earlier thoughts:

When GSW was busy gooning Zach Collins, I wondered if Pippen had flashbacks to his early playoff days v. DET ...

Ibaka tends to lollygag back on D.  Gets burned on it now and then.  His focus seems to come and go.

heh
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1844