Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899486 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: K, K, K
« Reply #5970 on: May 22, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »

I'm real ambivalent about KD and Irving.

As for NYC matches:
KD is prickly, which dates back to his OKC days

Let's engage in some fantasy talk.  In this fantasy: Assume KD is coming.

What we know for certain:  AD wants out of New Orleans.  The Knicks (and others) are interested.

What we know with high certainty: Zion and RJ are tight.

What we know with some certainty: Zion's reaction seemed blah about New Orleans.

Do we make an offer for AD that includes the #3 pick, Mitchell Robinson*, Knox, and the Dallas picks plus whatever salary filler?

Love the thought of RJ, would add more picks to make it happen without RJ, but definitely do this deal if necessary.

You're both nuts

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #5971 on: May 22, 2019, 03:45:14 PM »

Using above info, seems the Trier signing was ludicrous

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: May 22, 2019, 04:36:54 PM »

Why not give Lin some run?  FVV has lost confidence.  1-11 and foul prone.  Looks awful.

Interesting that Nurse's patience paid off.

FVV still looked kinda shaky half the time.
One of his makes was a banked in 3 that kicked around the rim.
Had one bad pass almost stolen, instead just deflected out of bounds.  Often went nowhere.  Good stuff: Set up Norm for a nice corner 3.  Had a real good steal to start the 4Q.  Nice floater in the 4Q.  Things worked out for him, while he didn't look that great.

Otoh, Brogdon looked pretty good while missing a lot.  Missed 3 layups (one blocked).  Missed 3 floaters, including one with a lot of contact (could have been a foul called).   Front-rimmed 2 open 3's.  The Frog was aggressive and a lot just missed a bit.  He did play pretty good D on Kawhi.  Looked good while not getting results.

Anyway, let's see how FVV and TOR's reserves do back on the Road.  And FVV has a genuine excuse, as he probably hasn't gotten much sleep lately. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: May 22, 2019, 05:25:46 PM »

May not do as well.  Home court is what it is.  2 good teams.  No degrading, no extra analysis of talent needed.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: May 23, 2019, 12:34:26 AM »

FVV is small but nonetheless a solid defender as he sticks to schemes and gets around picks as well as anyone the Raptors have. He hasn't lost focus on that end even as his shot has gone wayward.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: May 23, 2019, 12:37:31 AM »

If I'm David Griffin, I'm asking Boston for nothing less than Tatum/Smart/14th pick/Memphis pick/Robert Williams. That should just work under the cap. Not touching Hayward - he doesn't fit the age timeline of Zion Williamson (Jrue barely does, so I'd keep him).

That's better than what the Knicks or Lakers can offer. And it's a lot better than any Knicks deal that doesn't include RJ Barrett or Mitchell Robinson.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
AD
« Reply #5976 on: May 23, 2019, 12:56:27 AM »

Ok, good, let Boston have him.

I’d rather keep Robinson and RJ.

You people are all making me nervous. Phuck AD AND Nola.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: May 23, 2019, 01:33:25 AM »

I’m with you on ducking out of the AD sweepstakes. Take RJ to keep & see who wants to come on as a free agent.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: May 23, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »

KRISTAPS PORZINGIS gave the Knicks seven days to trade him - or he was going back to play in Europe.

New info from Steve Mills, who patted himself on the back for having deals already set in place at the time.

per Sirrius NBA Radio

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: May 23, 2019, 08:29:22 AM »

Also hearing of a Chris Broussard=KD flap.

Great - thanks, Broussard - all we need is KD not wanting to deal with your ass in NY - thus making a better decision for himself.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: May 23, 2019, 12:07:14 PM »

KRISTAPS PORZINGIS gave the Knicks seven days to trade him - or he was going back to play in Europe.
New info from Steve Mills,

Huh?
First off he wasn't healthy to play anywhere.
And 2nd he was under contract with NY.  I doubt he could just walk away and sign in Euroland (where he'd earn much less even if he could).  I know Euro players have to be cleared by FIBA that they are legally out of their euro-contract before joining the NBA.  I assume it works in reverse.

The real question, which Mills likely ducked/didn't answer, is why was KZ so down on NYK and wanted out of NYC so much.

Broussard works for Fox Sports.  Does he have anything to do with NY these days?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: May 23, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »

I thought vanFred was terrific last year.  One of the best backup PG's.  Brushed Delon aside, etc.  But he is stumpy and his margin of error is small.  But damn he was tough last year.
This year he was fine, but he didn't exude that confidence and aggression anymore.  And then he's been way off in the playoffs.
And it's not just shooting, it's also ballhandling and running the offense.  He just looks very de-mojoed.

These playoffs haven't been favorable to small PG's. 

Lowry has had an adventure on D, fouling a lot and getting knocked down plenty, with Bucks trying to get him in unfavorable switches.

FVV has struggled on O.
Bledsoe is struggling with his shot (5-34 on 3's in his last 7 playoff games).   11-45 FG in the TOR series.

Lillard got chumped on D.  And I think that affected his shot and aggression v. GS. 

Kyrie didn't get far.

Am I forgetting anyone?
Is this a trend due to the athletic-wing switch-everything paradigm that's prevalent now, or just a fluke.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:30:19 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: May 23, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »

Also hearing of a Chris Broussard=KD flap.

Great - thanks, Broussard - all we need is KD not wanting to deal with your ass in NY - thus making a better decision for himself.

Broussard has a national talk radio program.  Nothing to do with NY since his time at the Times long ago.  I doubt KD worries about seeing Chris' face after games at the garden.

KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: May 23, 2019, 03:28:44 PM »

re KP: let's stay woke
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: May 23, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »

re KP: let's stay woke

"Shit was messed up, some dudes started coming at me ... they punched me and then I started punching them back, then things settled down for a bit, two of my guys got knocked out straight away, those dudes were from some local gang, than this guy threw a chair at me and hit me in the head and caught one my guys as well, bunch of chairs were thrown, then I caught one them and got him real good, fucked him and his face up then someone pushed me off of him and as I was getting up one of them got me pretty good in the head and that's why my head was bleeding a bit but otherwise I'm fine. I fucked up my hand a bit, but I'll be good."
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1844