Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1848

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 913318 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6015 on: May 24, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »

I love a good merengue, too :)

*** especially when it's about the elder Gasol brother, like this one, https://youtu.be/8eFPM3MmTow right? I think so, my Spanish is decent, but not evolved.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Kalimete
« Reply #6016 on: May 24, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »

I love a good merengue, too :)

*** especially when it's about the elder Gasol brother, like this one, https://youtu.be/8eFPM3MmTow right? I think so, my Spanish is decent, but not evolved.

Glad you’re a fan.

That’s my doggie 🐶 🐶🐶

KALIMETE
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
New Knicks
« Reply #6017 on: May 24, 2019, 10:07:11 PM »

ENJOY...

DREAM ON...
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: May 25, 2019, 12:36:26 AM »

Replay showed ball went off Brogdon's right leg.

Ah, thanks.
I assumed it was something noticeable I missed.  I was probably looking at Frog's hands.  The price you pay for not having any volume on and avoiding announcers --- sometimes you don't know what the hell is going on. 

Actually for that play, I was doubly clueless, because I didn't even know what the call was on the court.  I saw both officials look at each other and neither signal right away.  Since Siakim was asking for a review, I assumed the call was MIL's ball.  The call on the floor in important as vid evidence has to be clear to overturn the made call.  Ie inconclusive and the call stands.

I've liked Frog's aggressiveness and effort and play in this series.  But some mistakes come with that.  Trying to jumpstart a possession from the corner with long rangy Siakim all over was dangerous and unwise.

As for Ma Gas&Oil, he's a smart player with size who moves the ball, defends and has experience.  Cancels out Lopez well.  In the last 5 mins of G5, Gasol popped in a 3 to keep the lead up; had a big block on Lopez near the rim; snatched a rebound that hit the floor when Lopez was closest and got fouled by the late Lopez.
Those are winning plays.

I wouldn't say he's in peak form or super-confident in his shot, but he's still a significant presence and I trust Ma G to make the right play late as much as any Rap (Kawhi has been getting fatigued late).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Knox and Barrett
« Reply #6019 on: May 25, 2019, 01:27:23 AM »

Without knowing the other three players on the floor, it's tough to predict how successful Knox and Barrett would be in lineups together. But a small sampling of scouts revealed reasons for Knicks fans to be optimistic about a Knox-Barrett pairing.

Here are truncated observations from three scouts on how the two wings may fit together:

Pro Scout
"I think (a Barrett-Knox pairing is) fine. Kevin's not really a slasher. I think he kind of wants to catch the ball and shoot it a little more than he wants to catch the ball and put it on the deck and get to the hoop. (Knox was 68th in drives per game among the 107 players to play at least 28 minutes per game last season, per NBA.com). I do think RJ Barrett wants to get to the hoop. That's one of the things I love about him. That's why I think they would work well together."

Bryan Oringher, former Wizards video coordinator and advanced scout with the Hawks and Raptors (who has a great written and video breakdown of Barrett)
"RJ and Knox complement each other relatively well. I think they both fit that 2/3 mold where they can guard either wing and play in a scheme that allows them to switch onto 1s and 4s at times. What Barrett brings that Knox doesn't have is the ability to be a secondary creator. Kind of like an Evan Fournier - Barrett can play out of high PNR, make the right read.

"I think Knox is more like another guy drafted last year - Kevin Huerter. He'll be able to handle the ball a tiny bit, but he's mostly a spot-up shooter, come off some screens. He has a decent stroke that just needs to be honed a ton more. I think Barrett would do well though as the more ball-dominant guy and can get Knox a lot of shots. The fit isn't perfect in that both are really raw, have a long way to go on their handles, shots, and other aspects of their games. And I think their success is obviously contingent on which potential stars they play with and how much they can 'ease' into their roles, potentially off the bench. Both are so young and raw. Also, I don't think either are near outstanding defenders and the Knicks' defense could continue to struggle if they're playing the majority of minutes at the wings."

College scout

"In today's NBA, RJ can play 1-4. So there's no reason it won't work well on offense. Barrett has always played with talent around him and been great. Nobody is gonna slow that kid down…. I think you really want to get Barrett going downhill. He's almost impossible to stop in the lane and that can create opportunities for Kevin. The questions are on defense, of course. Both have the frame to be able to defend. It's just a matter of learning to do it at the NBA level."
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: May 25, 2019, 04:55:08 PM »

uggggh   -

on the Barrett defense concern

Consider others?  Of course.

Though taking Barrett and dealing Knox may actually be the answer.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: May 25, 2019, 11:10:33 PM »

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Shaq
« Reply #6022 on: May 25, 2019, 11:36:56 PM »

Since 1984....

Every NBA finals has had a player who -  at some point in their NBA careers  - was on the same team with Shaquille O'Neal

Danny Green carries the torch this season.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: May 25, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »

I guess the Buck stops in Toronto.

Congrats to the Raptors.

Great series win.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto
« Reply #6024 on: May 25, 2019, 11:42:30 PM »

What about my math? I don't get compliments? Just cause I smack you around about Turkish Delight?

Your Turkish Delight won't play in Toronto if they make it.

Doesn’t matter. Toronto won’t be in the finals.

Oh snap!

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto
« Reply #6025 on: May 26, 2019, 12:38:49 AM »

What about my math? I don't get compliments? Just cause I smack you around about Turkish Delight?

Your Turkish Delight won't play in Toronto if they make it.

Doesn’t matter. Toronto won’t be in the finals.

Oh snap!

Well, I thought Antetokounmpo was invincible and Superman. Turns out I was wrong, and KL was MORE INVINCIBLE & MORE SUPERMAN. ⛹🏾‍♂️

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Toronto with home court advantage
« Reply #6026 on: May 26, 2019, 12:46:14 AM »

New Poll....

Golden State wins in 4?

Yes or No

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto with home court advantage
« Reply #6027 on: May 26, 2019, 01:30:44 AM »

New Poll....

Golden State wins in 4?

Yes or No

I ain’t making no more predictions. I learned my lesson. Not picking any finals Supermen till the chickens come home to roost.

BUT THIS WOULD BE REAL NICE...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:37:57 AM by carlos123 »

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: May 26, 2019, 03:25:27 AM »

Can’t see him leaving Toronto at this point. The Raps are doing all this so far without OG, so there is internal improvement expected already.

It would be nice though.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Toronto with home court advantage
« Reply #6029 on: May 26, 2019, 12:23:57 PM »

New Poll....

Golden State wins in 4?

Yes or No

heh...

well - you can get about 8-1 on your money if you like that bet

TORONTO wins the title!  (I only get 2.3-1 on that)
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1848