Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911354 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle Supersonics
« Reply #6060 on: May 29, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »

Have two first round picks playing in the Finals for teams that obviously did not draft them.

Name them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/the-last-two-sonics-players-in-the-nba-will-meet-in-the-finals/

You're supposed to guess.  Don't google the answer Turk.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: May 30, 2019, 12:02:32 AM »

Have two first round picks playing in the Finals for teams that obviously did not draft them.

Name them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/the-last-two-sonics-players-in-the-nba-will-meet-in-the-finals/

Me and Enes don’t do what you and Recep want 👎🤣

Besides, everyone knows about KD. Jeff may be a little tougher. I bet you googled it yourself.

OTOH...
Looking forward to welcoming KP to NY. Unfortunately, EK can't go to Ankara, or Istanbul for that matter.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: May 30, 2019, 02:20:30 PM »

Name them.

Besides, everyone knows about KD. Jeff may be a little tougher. I bet you googled it yourself.

OTOH...
Looking forward to welcoming KP to NY. Unfortunately, EK can't go to Ankara, or Istanbul for that matter.

I actually forgot about Green.

There is still another Sonic draft pick in the series you haven't accounted for.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: May 30, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »

Name them.

OTOH...

There is still another Sonic draft pick in the series you haven't accounted for.

O Lord, I’d have to read the whole article and just don’t feel like it. Please be a good boy and tell us. 👼🏼
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: May 30, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

Name them.

OTOH...

O Lord, I’d have to read the whole article and just don’t feel like it. Please be a good boy and tell us. 👼🏼

Its not in the article.  The article is about Sonics who played games as Sonics.

Serge Ibaka was the final 1st round pick drafted by the Sonics... just prior to the announcement they would be leaving Seattle.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6065 on: May 30, 2019, 02:54:51 PM »

I really enjoyed the Sonics growing up.

I’m good with Ja or RJ at three. I would trade any of our young and under contract guards (DJ, Frank, Trier, Dot), along with cash and a second round pick for Brandon Clarke as well. I think he’s going to be a Rodman / Pippen level player when he rounds out his game. Mitch, Clarke, and 3 scratch defenders gives you a top 10 D. Those two cover up a ton of mistakes. Clarke is already an exemplar for current and future wings both defensively and off the ball. He’s a great athlete with a great head and I want him on the Knicks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: May 30, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »

Freddie Brown was one of my favorite players.  Had a reputation as a mad bomber, but could do a lot more.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: May 30, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »

I would trade any of our young and under contract guards (DJ, Frank, Trier, Dot), along with cash and a second round pick for Brandon Clarke as well. I think he’s going to be a Rodman / Pippen level player when he rounds out his game. Mitch, Clarke, and 3 scratch defenders gives you a top 10 D. Those two cover up a ton of mistakes. Clarke is already an exemplar for current and future wings both defensively and off the ball. He’s a great athlete with a great head and I want him on the Knicks.

Brandon Clarke,  Gonzaga,  PF

Cons
Will be 23 years old at the start of the season.  Projects a wing defender but not a stretch 4.  Only made 1 in 4 at Gonzaga. 

Pros
Plays defense.  Can defend multiple positions. 

Comparison
Jared Jeffries.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:49:12 PM by Kam »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: May 30, 2019, 04:11:19 PM »

I think Clarke is far more athletic than Jeffries and will be a considerably better pro than Hachimura.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: May 30, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »

Heh

"Will be 23" is a con.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: May 30, 2019, 04:35:01 PM »

I think Clarke is far more athletic than Jeffries and will be a considerably better pro than Hachimura.

Yeah

Jared is half white, after all.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: May 30, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »

That's your game, Kiid.  Run with it. 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
But can he fly?
« Reply #6072 on: May 30, 2019, 05:12:40 PM »

Aug 9, 2006 - What Jared brings to us, more so than talent, he brings chemistry. I think he balances your locker room. He balances the plane ride.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: May 30, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »

Speaking of Jeffries, his thoughts on Emmanuel Mudiay (and he was spot on):

Jared Jeffries, the former Nuggets scouting director and ex-Knicks forward, told The Post that Emmanuel Mudiay desperately needed out of Denver before his entire career was shot. “I know how tough it was for [general manager] Tim [Connelly] and [owner] Josh [Kroenke] to let him go,’’ Jeffries told The Post in a phone interview. “They did the right thing for the kid. They could’ve held on to him to the point of no return and ruin his career. It’s really good the Knicks trusted what they believed at draft time and got him for a discount. If he’s on top of the world and playing great, you’re not going to get him for that.” 1 year ago – via New York Post

“He’s not a bad shooter — he’s a bad finisher,’’ Jared Jeffries said. “That’s why his field-goal percentage is a big focus. If he becomes a better finisher — something very possible — his whole game transforms. Take out his layups, he’s not a bad shooter. If he’d finish at a 60 percent clip, he’d be 48 [percent] from the floor.” Indeed, Emmanuel Mudiay is fourth-worst in the league in field goal percentage on layups (45 percent). Mudiay also happens to be a good free-throw shooter (80 percent this season). 1 year ago – via New York Post

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: May 30, 2019, 05:38:35 PM »

Shame that we will have TRIER posing as EM this year.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 1847