Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899727 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6090 on: May 31, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »

I think Clarke is far more athletic than Jeffries and will be a considerably better pro than Hachimura.

Bang on.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 31, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

We’ll (hopefully) have Trier being Trier. We have a nice palette of young guards who don’t come with a 12+ million dollar cap hold. Mudiay can fall on his ass for some other team, economics in the league being what it is.

Jeffries is not a very good comp for Clarke. JJ is much bigger at 6’11 and 240. Both are guys you’d dare to shoot. Clarke just rebuilt his shooting form over the last 2 years at Gonzaga and may claw his way to decent. What he has is quickness, instincts, awareness, and athleticism.

I think there are better prospects if we manage to nab another pick.  I don't necessarily think it has to be a Top 15 pick. 

Who is the Clarke comp?

Jordan Bell, says NBAdraft.net

I think nbadraft.net is mostly a garbage website (a month ago they had Hachimura going 5th, Fernando going 7th, which is ridiculous. They just throw random stuff up). But Jordan Bell is a good comp if you're not terrible excited about Clarke - I expect Clarke to be way more dangerous facing up than Bell (who is largely ignored). Clarke was a point guard in AAU but will be a small-ball 5 in the NBA.  I'd say Bell is Clarke's floor.

Clarke is kinda small for a 4 (Montrezl Harrell / Kenyon Martin height and in some respects game), and with historically small reach for a lottery PF. On the other hand, his athleticism is off the charts. He's older than most GMs want for a player who is this raw. On the other hand, he has shown clear improvement the last two years. There are questions if he'll end up being an MKG/Roberson/Jordan Bell type liability on the offensive end. On the other hand, he has better touch than those guys and you take him with the 10th-15th pick in the hopes that they secretly have Paul Millsap or Pascal Siakam somewhere in there, something just needs to be unlocked. Especially after seeing the impact Montrezl has had this year (let alone the other two guys I just mentioned), I think Clarke is worth a lottery pick. There's a good chance that he doesn't go lottery because of wrong-headed concerns about his age.

Mostly, he's good enough I'm worried the Celtics get him at 14. Hopefully he goes before then.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: May 31, 2019, 05:31:26 PM »

Well, no....

Hachimura and Fernando early on were that well thought of

And many analysts feel much can happen between about 6 and 24 - its all very even.

read:  nobody knows who will go where

So.....

what do we think about the hypothetical of dealing #3 for 8 and 10?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 31, 2019, 06:22:33 PM »

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale/2020

8 + 10 is 7.5 mil in salary this year. 3 is 6.5 mil.

If we could grab Hunter and Clarke at 8 & 10, I’d consider it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Knicks FO
« Reply #6094 on: May 31, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »

Reading this kind of ish makes me think Knicks have a good FO. I mean, I guess they won’t do it.

Fac, if you were Nola’s GM, would you trade 1 for 3 and a second rounder?
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 31, 2019, 08:10:31 PM »

Garland

Strengths

- High-level pull-up shooter with deep range who can get to his shot at will out of pick-and-roll or isolations thanks to his ball-on-a-string handle and polished footwork. Creates space with step-back jumpers in either direction. Live feet with quick-twitch athleticism. Comfortable shooting off the catch as well, sprinting off screens or hopping into 3s out of handoffs. Allows for more lineup versatility with his ability to play off the ball offensively. Clean, simple mechanics with a quick release.

- Plays off the threat of his jumper to get into the lane. Shifty ball handler. Good feel for when and how to change speeds and directions. Tough to keep in front in the half court. Not a great finisher yet but shows potential with floaters and creative scoops. Has passing instincts when he breaks down the defense. Has shown he can hit the roll man or find shooters after the defense collapses.

- Competitive with strong intangibles. Has the quickness and instincts to develop into a solid one-position defender as his frame fills out.

Improvement areas

- Still evolving as a facilitator. A little too trigger-happy from 3 at times. Although he had little help, finished his freshman season with 13 assists and 15 turnovers in 139 minutes. Scoring is ahead of his passing right now.

- Struggles to finish in traffic against length and contact. Not a physically imposing prospect or a threat to go up and finish above the rim. Has to rely on finesse and creativity, of which he's shown glimpses.

- Lacks a degree of defensive upside. Quick hands and feet but might struggle early in his career against more powerful guards. How will he hold up against switches? Coming off an MCL injury that sidelined him for most of his freshman campaign.

http://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Knicks FO
« Reply #6096 on: May 31, 2019, 08:44:17 PM »

Reading this kind of ish makes me think Knicks have a good FO. I mean, I guess they won’t do it.

Fac, if you were Nola’s GM, would you trade 1 for 3 and a second rounder?

Hell no. If you have 1 you take Zion.

RJ refused a workout with Memphis. I have a feeling they take him anyway. You can’t trade Ja to the hawks.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: May 31, 2019, 08:48:01 PM »

Drafting Zion takes their ticket sales out of the equation when the Pels figure out what to do with Davis. I don’t think you could get the 1 this year for the 2 and 4 picks much less 3 and a second rounder.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
No silly trades
« Reply #6098 on: May 31, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »

Drafting Zion takes their ticket sales out of the equation when the Pels figure out what to do with Davis. I don’t think you could get the 1 this year for the 2 and 4 picks much less 3 and a second rounder.

Ok, good boy, you don't trade 3 for 8 and 10 for the same reason you don't trade 1 for 2 and 4, or for 3 and a second rounder to make it even more absurd.

You guys are making me nervous with all of your fantasy/nightmare trades.

Oh, and while we're at it, phuck Nola and their AD sweepstakes! They're out to clean somebody's clock.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: June 01, 2019, 01:03:12 AM »

Well, no....

Hachimura and Fernando early on were that well thought of

And many analysts feel much can happen between about 6 and 24 - its all very even.

read:  nobody knows who will go where

So.....

what do we think about the hypothetical of dealing #3 for 8 and 10?

No serious site had Hachimura and Fernando that high. Not one. Only nbadraft.net, which is not worth taking seriously. And they had this during the tournament, after both players showed themselves to be far too limited for such consideration.

I prefer RJ to what will be at 8/10 (setting aside that such a deal is an inconvenience cap wise and makes it more difficult to sign two max players). In all likelihood, there are going to be two players available at that point whose joint value exceed that of RJ but in a draft like this it's awfully risky to know who those players are. In hindsight, it's going to be really, really easy to say Player X and Player Y were available, I told you we should have traded down! But in actuality, it's difficult to know those players are, especially the farther you go down the lottery (ie it was easier for Atlanta since they only went down two picks).

Plus I really like RJ.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: June 01, 2019, 06:12:34 AM »

Quiz!

Which players hold the record for most points against another active franchise? I've listed the number of players and in brackets the decade where they would have done their most damage.

1.  (60s)
2.  (80s)
3.  (80s)
4.  (80s/90s)
5.  (00s)
6.  (10s)
7.  (10s)

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: June 01, 2019, 08:48:02 AM »

The new NBA places big value on outside shooters over athletic brick throwers. Knix are last in FG% again. 28th in 3pt%.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: June 01, 2019, 01:15:19 PM »

One of the reasons to consider GARLAND.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: June 01, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »

I think Clarke is far more athletic than Jeffries and will be a considerably better pro than Hachimura.

Bang on.

Heh

we'll see

(In no way being anti-Clarke)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: June 01, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »

59/42/74% for Hachimura this year.
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 1844