Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899602 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6210 on: June 11, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

Beyond idiocy for a team to trade a young franchise-defining star for cap space.  Beyond. 

Now the guy they were supposedly clearing cap space isn't coming/won't ever be the same player.

No more "needs" be said.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: June 11, 2019, 04:22:17 PM »

Build around RJ/DSJ/Mitch/Knox et al. Re-sign Vonleh and Mudiay,  see if DeAndre comes back on a one-year deal and if you cannot get some other professionals so the team is at least a bit more competitive. There are kids worth watching, team will have cap space for at least a max, plus a returning Durant, a lottery pick in a good draft and a bevy of recent lottery picks.

Why did the Knicks trade Kristaps Porzingis for bupkis again?

As if the Antonio Davis trade talks haven't already made the stupidity of that move clear.

We offered KP
NO wasnt interested

Now they would be.

Circumstances change.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: KP is old news
« Reply #6212 on: June 11, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »

Why mention him.  He was moved for multiple reasons.  Not the lease of which, he/janis is a douchebag.

You aren't a team with strong enough management and tradition to handle a moody star and his entourage (though funny how we didn't hear about that until after the trade) then trade him.

But trade him for pocket lint and a prayer? 

That's uniquely Knicks.  The worst franchise in sports.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: KP is old news
« Reply #6213 on: June 11, 2019, 04:36:04 PM »

Why mention him.  He was moved for multiple reasons.  Not the lease of which, he/janis is a douchebag.

You aren't a team with strong enough management and tradition to handle a moody star and his entourage (though funny how we didn't hear about that until after the trade) then trade him.

But trade him for pocket lint and a prayer? 

That's uniquely Knicks.  The worst franchise in sports.
Also such discussions proceed with the Washington Redskins. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: June 11, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

Well he is right to be worried.   Perry/Mills career was staked on the KP trade.   
Now they may make a panic-move to justify the trade.

That IS A BIG concern because they're expected to do something. 

Our leverage is gone.

Everything sucks today.

The "everything sucks" feeling you are getting is due to Frank, KK and Smith, supposed building blocks.  If they were better, with all our cash and picks, no need to be queasy

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: June 11, 2019, 06:42:21 PM »

Not having to watch Kanter, Mudiay, or Timmy in Knicks colors again is already great progress.

I’m down with adding Barrett and watching the kids grow.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: June 11, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

Yep.

Radio talk today of still signing KD long term and taking the down year as a means of getting the high pick in the strong 2020 draft

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: June 11, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »

Yep.

Radio talk today of still signing KD long term and taking the down year as a means of getting the high pick in the strong 2020 draft

Not this shit again.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: June 11, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

Beyond idiocy for a team to trade a young franchise-defining star for cap space.  Beyond. 

Now the guy they were supposedly clearing cap space isn't coming/won't ever be the same player.

No more "needs" be said.

Loud wrong.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: June 11, 2019, 11:15:58 PM »

Yep.

Not this shit again.

Agree,  i thought we were done with tanking.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: June 11, 2019, 11:20:28 PM »

lol, he could be 32 years old, coming off a torn achilles (do we know this yet?), entering the first playing year of a long term max contract, lol, lol, lol...sigh.

We may have really blown it with the Latvian trade, or not.

But everything doesn't suck. We got space and picks and a couple good young ones and a bunch of young ones who suck. Opinions will vary greatly on which are which.

See what happens I guess. Dolan still owns the team so odds are lots of bad things, but we've started summers in a lot worse position than this.

*** Slight amendment to the above: we've never started a summer before with a coach as provenly awful as fuckwhale. Ring the bell. Send him to hell.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:36:21 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:27 PM »

lol, he could be 32 years old, coming off a torn achilles (do we know this yet?), entering the first playing year of a long term max contract, lol, lol, lol...sigh.

We may have really blown it with the Latvian trade, or not.

But everything doesn't suck. We got space and picks and a couple good young ones and a bunch of young ones who suck. Opinions will vary greatly on which are which.

See what happens I guess. Dolan still owns the team so odds are lots of bad things, but we've started summers in a lot worse position than this.

*** Slight amendment to the above: we've never started a summer before with a coach as provenly awful as fuckwhale. Ring the bell. Send him to hell.

Yeah, the idea that just next year would be a tank year vastly underestimates Durant's recovery runway which may be not just a year to walk but two or three to actually be a functional player.

With all due respect to KD's optimism, no thanks.

But, like you, I think we're in very good shape to improve dramatically.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: June 12, 2019, 12:01:17 AM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

No more "needs" be said.

Loud wrong.

Yeah - Needs often lets the media lead him by the nose.

Knicks management knew KD was just one good option.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: June 12, 2019, 12:20:30 AM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

No more "needs" be said.

Loud wrong.

Yeah - Needs often lets the media lead him by the nose.

Knicks management knew KD was just one good option.

So who is another good option kiidcarter8?  Who is coming to New York to play with...

What Knicks Management knows is that they need to sign someone this summer otherwise trading their unicorn for all that cap space looks fucking stupid. Sounds to me like they will be desperate, and everyone will know it.   I guess Knick fans can console themselves with the fact that the team has never had a history of overpaying for mediocre talent...

But now the crew who said “If we don’t get KD this is a bad trade” is all about watching their young ones grow. So how would a 7’3” 23 year old all-star with game-changing skills fit into that building plan?  I know Dallas fans are excited.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: June 12, 2019, 01:00:12 AM »

"He'll never be the same"

No telling

Achilles tendon can actually come back stronger.

Is there any NBA player that has come back the same after an Achilles injury? Don't believe so.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1844