Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899641 times)

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6225 on: June 12, 2019, 01:01:12 AM »

I'm not a draftnik.
But I'd be interested to hear why Barrett is better than De'Andre Hunter, who sounds like a terrific out-of-the-box 3&D wing. 

Haven't seen either of them, but a 42% 3-point shooter who defends well, sounds preferable to a 31% outside shooter with questionable D.  Especially with the latter coming off an injury.

RJ can create his own shot, DH can't. RJ can create offense for others, DH cannot.

I'd say Hunter has the higher floor, but a much lower ceiling.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: June 12, 2019, 01:04:40 AM »

Wasn't one of Davis' issues in New Orleans the idea that his team wasn't doing much to improve itself (an issue I thought he was wrong about it, since I think they have decent enough talent)?  Now that Zion has fallen into their laps, isn't it possible that he would no longer want out?  Or did he burn his bridges?

He wants out, he's confirmed.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: June 12, 2019, 01:06:29 AM »

Well.....

what are the positives of the deal?

That's a great question.  What are they?

At the time, consensus here seemed to be it was a great deal if we got KD, a bad one if we didn't.  So with the injury to KD, seems relevant to bring the deal up again.

To me:  looked stupid at the time, continued to look stupid after Antonio Davis talks, looks stupid now. 

If you see positives, let alone a net positive, lets hear them.

So you like a team with KP as the main cog?

One of.  Sure.  Just like Dallas does now, after celebrating for getting an All-Star for almost nothing.

Wouldn't call it "almost nothing". The KD injury is a huge setback for the Knicks if, indeed, they had good intel he was coming. Otherwise, creating cap space and getting DSJ and two picks was pretty smart if it increased the chances of signing KD.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: June 12, 2019, 01:08:09 AM »

Yep.

Radio talk today of still signing KD long term and taking the down year as a means of getting the high pick in the strong 2020 draft

Not this shit again.

Agree,  i thought we were done with tanking.

I thought you were crushing it, Kam. Each and every post. But this one, I'll disagree with. If we can get KD on a long-term deal (especially on a discount?), I'd be willing to punt one more year, doing Atlanta Hawks type trades. Adjust to the circumstances.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: June 12, 2019, 01:34:07 AM »

MRI and other tests should be done by end of week. I’d say no news is bad news.

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: June 12, 2019, 02:58:59 AM »

I’d consider trading 3 and our shot at Barrett or Ja for the Hawks’ entire first round, 8, 10, & 17.

08 Brandon Clarke
10 P.J. Washington
17 Mattisse Thybulle

While this leaves us with Knox, DJS, and Trier (and Allen, if he’s back) as primary shot creators, combined with Mitch, Frank, and Dot, we’d have a whole stable of insanely talented defenders who take that side seriously.

Bring back Jordan, a vet forward who can score, and, if you like and one is available , a very expensive PG.

Jordan Robinson Kornet
Gibson Vonleh Washington
Knox  Clarke
Dotson Trier Thybulle
DJS Frank Allen

I’m not sure I want to pay a lot for a point guard. If we could assemble that group, I’d be happy to let it percolate.

If we keep the pick and draft Barrett, I’d try for Rudy Gay and Ricky Rubio as well in free agency.

Jordan Robinson Kornet
Gibson Vonleh Ellington
Knox Gay Dotson
Barrett Trier Frank
Rubio DJS Allen
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:01:08 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: June 12, 2019, 06:03:58 AM »

Needs has a Uni-crush.

Beyond idiocy for a team to trade a young franchise-defining star for cap space.  Beyond. 

Now the guy they were supposedly clearing cap space isn't coming/won't ever be the same player.

No more "needs" be said.

Loud wrong.

Yeah - Needs often lets the media lead him by the nose.

Knicks management knew KD was just one good option.

So who is another good option kiidcarter8?  Who is coming to New York to play with...

What Knicks Management knows is that they need to sign someone this summer otherwise trading their unicorn for all that cap space looks fucking stupid. Sounds to me like they will be desperate, and everyone will know it.   I guess Knick fans can console themselves with the fact that the team has never had a history of overpaying for mediocre talent...

But now the crew who said “If we don’t get KD this is a bad trade” is all about watching their young ones grow. So how would a 7’3” 23 year old all-star with game-changing skills fit into that building plan?  I know Dallas fans are excited.

There are multiple 'good' options when you have cap space and nothing to lose.  The Knicks can absorb any unwanted rotation players for a price. Lots of good stuff available.

The FO has always maintained that if they sign players it would be on their terms and not in desperation.

BTW, who *are* you - Janis the anus? 

Who ever said, "If we don't get KD...????

BTW, our unicorn is Frankie and always has been.  Porky just wore a beer glass on his temple pretending to be.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: June 12, 2019, 06:29:57 AM »

RJ can create his own shot, DH can't. RJ can create offense for others, DH cannot.

Too bad Memf is picking 2nd, because Morant seems to be what we need. 
Is anyone here high on Jr. Smith?

How is RJ's outside shooting form?
How iffy is his D?
If he can improve one or both to league average, he could be quite good, otherwise will be flawed.

I still think the KZ situation and trading him was awful and stupid .
Or maybe stupid and awful.  I haven't decided which yet ...

I would have given Franc more run at PG last year.

I still think Knox is a fine prospect and got in tons of useful work.
Hope to see stronger finishes, better defensive awareness, and some better shot selection.  But it'll be just Y2 and he's quite young.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: June 12, 2019, 06:48:44 AM »

I would like a trade  down. RJ is another athletic forward with an inconsistent outside shot. Knix need shooters above all else. Franky should stay and learn in Europe just not NBA ready. MGMT not sure about going after AD, idiots!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: June 12, 2019, 08:24:06 AM »

:One thing about cap space is it lasts.

One caller yesterday actually suggested taking on bbad contracts with the space to add picks.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »

Too bad Memf is picking 2nd, because Morant seems to be what we need. 
Is anyone here high on Jr. Smith?

How is RJ's outside shooting form?
How iffy is his D?
If he can improve one or both to league average, he could be quite good, otherwise will be flawed.

RJ's shooting form is great, the results aren't. Defensively, he gives effort and has the tools, but makes mistakes.

In related news - he's 18.

I think one can project stardom for RJ if he continues to improve. He has that kind of upside, and his work ethic is excellent. That's why I'd be willing to make that bet. He's my #2 guy in this draft, after Zion.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: June 12, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »

If we can get KD on a long-term deal (especially on a discount?), I'd be willing to punt one more year, doing Atlanta Hawks type trades. Adjust to the circumstances.

For an aging, rehabbing KD?
I can't even decide if this is McDyess or Melo redux.
It's kind of a combo of resigning Melo ... if he was a McDice gimp.
Probably the worst FA signing I could imagine, and exactly the kind of stupid thing the Knix do.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: June 12, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »

Getting the feeling that Mudiay is returning.

Though I would not mind taking a run at Russell.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: June 12, 2019, 09:44:01 AM »

Celtics are going to add Conley.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: June 12, 2019, 09:48:33 AM »

"He'll never be the same"

No telling

Achilles tendon can actually come back stronger.

Is there any NBA player that has come back the same after an Achilles injury? Don't believe so.

Wilkins

And Kobe

They were older.  But strong.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1844