Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900060 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6240 on: June 12, 2019, 09:57:46 AM »

Marc Berman today with 4 scenarios -

#3 sounds ok.

Short of landing max players the Knicks can continue to build around their youth (Knox, Robinson, Smith, Ntlikina, Trier, Dotson, Barrett) and save most of their cap space.  They would then tank (play poorly while trying to win) for another 2020 lottery pick.  The Knicks could use some cap space to re-sign Emmanuel Mudiay and make a run at a young free agent from the second or third tier, such as young athletic bull of a power forward JULIUS RANDLE, who fits their mold, or point guard TERRY ROZIER.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: June 12, 2019, 10:20:03 AM »

Last 2+ mins of G5, Lowry missed a wide open 3.  Threw the ball into the backcourt.  And finally had his shot at herodom blocked by Dray.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: June 12, 2019, 11:06:47 AM »

If we can get KD on a long-term deal (especially on a discount?), I'd be willing to punt one more year, doing Atlanta Hawks type trades. Adjust to the circumstances.

For an aging, rehabbing KD?
I can't even decide if this is McDyess or Melo redux.
It's kind of a combo of resigning Melo ... if he was a McDice gimp.
Probably the worst FA signing I could imagine, and exactly the kind of stupid thing the Knix do.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: June 12, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »

But, like you, I think we're in very good shape to improve dramatically.

Hope is a powerful drug.    If missing the playoffs again is your idea of dramatic improvement then yes, i'm right with you.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: June 12, 2019, 11:33:11 AM »

Yep.

Radio talk today of still signing KD long term and taking the down year as a means of getting the high pick in the strong 2020 draft

Not this shit again.

Agree,  i thought we were done with tanking.

I thought you were crushing it, Kam. Each and every post. But this one, I'll disagree with. If we can get KD on a long-term deal (especially on a discount?), I'd be willing to punt one more year, doing Atlanta Hawks type trades. Adjust to the circumstances.

KD won't be the same.  You even said so.   Why are we trying to pay him $161 mil for 4 years.... 1 year totally lost to injury, another year where he is still just adjusting, and then two years where his declining skills will be on display (WHILE WE HOPE HE DOESN'T GET HURT AGAIN)

I've seen this movie too many times Biz.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: June 12, 2019, 11:49:00 AM »

If we’re going to spend money on a point guard this summer, Rozier or Russell over Mudiay by a country mile.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: June 12, 2019, 11:58:32 AM »

Last 2+ mins of G5, Lowry missed a wide open 3.  Threw the ball into the backcourt.  And finally had his shot at herodom blocked by Dray.

Nice micro analysis.

One of the key possessions was actually when Nurse called the time out up 6and GS dragging, allowing them to rest - and then Kawhi with an awful possession out of the time out.

Also of course noticed that both Kawhi and VanVleet passed up a chance at Kerr-like hero stardom.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: June 12, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

The key to "Kerr-like hero stardom" was that Kerr like Paxson a couple of years earlier was so wide open he couldn't do anything BUT shoot. Other than that you've made a fair comparison.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: June 12, 2019, 12:28:47 PM »

I would like a trade  down. RJ is another athletic forward with an inconsistent outside shot. Knix need shooters above all else. Franky should stay and learn in Europe just not NBA ready. MGMT not sure about going after AD, idiots!

RJ is a playmaking Shooting Guard.   His show will get better.  He has all the tools.  His D will improve.  Above all: He wants to be great and exudes the confidence of someone who is already there in his mind. 

Kobe 2.0 is his ceiling.   

I'm not trading that.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: June 12, 2019, 12:34:04 PM »

:One thing about cap space is it lasts.

One caller yesterday actually suggested taking on bbad contracts with the space to add picks.

Do the Knicks strike you as the kind of org that would delay instant gratification with all that $$$$
When the Lakers had $$ they spent it on KCP.   You can't sell the NY or LA fan base on picks for bad contracts.
(We just frikkin traded KP to dump bad contracts!)  We will bring in some body to take the $$

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:41:07 PM by Kam »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Lance Thomas
« Reply #6250 on: June 12, 2019, 12:43:35 PM »

I wonder if we don't waive LT now,   keep his $7 mil ending salary on the books for use in a deadline trade.

What is this teams' direction now?  ALL in for AD?  or rebuild with RJ?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
My best idea`
« Reply #6251 on: June 12, 2019, 12:49:08 PM »

Trade #3 pick (plus plus plus) for AD.   Then trade AD to LA for Ball, Kuzma, Ingram and the #4.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: June 12, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »

Is Ball still alive?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: June 12, 2019, 12:58:24 PM »

Is Ball still alive?

Oh sorry, you're correct.  The man is deceased.   I should really keep up.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »

Bill Walton won a Championship in his third-season after his first two injury-filled years, so you never know, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1844