Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 908826 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6285 on: June 13, 2019, 02:11:24 PM »

Dallas's #1 in 2021.

I dont value the 2s - sorry.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: June 13, 2019, 02:15:19 PM »

I want whatever is bets for the player.
Why was KD walking on a torn Achilles?
Get weight off the injured body part immediately.

And KD limped all the way through the bowels of the stadium to the lockerroom as well.
Dumb stuff, imo.

He had a ruptured achilles.  There was probably no way to hurt it further.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: June 13, 2019, 03:11:57 PM »

On the court, any diagnosis is preliminary and uncertain.  He could have had a partially torn achilles, or somesuch.

But this happens with all sorts of leg and foot injuries. 
The guy limps off with some support from teammates.
Or if it's real bad they carry the gimp.

It's so bizarrely low-tech and pedestrian compared to the rest of the sophisticated, high-end NBA.  Such a weird disconnect.  It's almost comical.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: June 13, 2019, 03:28:37 PM »

New deal to consider

Kevin Knox, a future 1 and 2 2s for this year's #5 overall.

Worst forum fantasy trade offer ever.

Have you seen this team?  A future 1 will probably be top 5 anyway.  So you just wanna dump Knox and 2 2s.

As would be anticipated, your analysis shows very little understanding of anything.

Kevin Knox's potential. (zero defense, zero game IQ, horribly inefficient shooting, very suspect motor, begone...) or how the NBA lottery and draft actually works.

Fantastic deal. Make it!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: June 13, 2019, 03:28:53 PM »

It's so bizarrely low-tech and pedestrian compared to the rest of the sophisticated, high-end NBA.  Such a weird disconnect.  It's almost comical.

What is your solution?   A high-tech robot that sweeps the player up into its bosom?  How severe must it be to call for the stretcher?   Who decides?  Could a player fake an injury to buy time for his team like a free time-out as they bring the stretcher from out of the tunnel?

I don't see why the status quo needs to change.   You ignore the law of unintended consequences that change will usher in.

If a guy can put weight on it, let him. If he can't put weight on it then let his teammates carry him off.   

Always been that way.   Doesn't need to change.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: June 13, 2019, 03:30:50 PM »

New deal to consider

Have you seen this team?  A future 1 will probably be top 5 anyway.  So you just wanna dump Knox and 2 2s.

As would be anticipated, your analysis shows very little understanding of anything.

Kevin Knox's potential. (zero defense, zero game IQ, horribly inefficient shooting, very suspect motor, begone...) or how the NBA lottery and draft actually works.

Fantastic deal. Make it!

Your endorsement only strengthens my argument against.

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: June 13, 2019, 03:31:52 PM »

Soccer players are all faking their injuries for calls.  THey get carried off then someone sprays water on them.  And they're fine!

But you are 100 percent on the $$$$ here..all show, nobody needs those stretchers, players and crowd loves them tho' ***

*** who loves ya, Surfer? I do!!!
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: June 13, 2019, 03:36:12 PM »

New deal to consider

Fantastic deal. Make it!

We could've won 33 games and still won  the lottery.   So no... i'm not trading a potential Top pick for a #5 AND throwing in Knox.   AND 2 2s.

AdeTheOba

• View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: June 13, 2019, 03:46:08 PM »

Soccer players are all faking their injuries for calls.  THey get carried off then someone sprays water on them.  And they're fine!
[/quote]
Kam, while there are theatrics at play for some situations in football (what u call soccer), I rarely seen the situation you noted. In addition, the stretcher is used in many cases b/c it may take too long for a seriously injured player to limp off.

I too was amazed that Durant was allowed to walk off with a suspected Achilles injury. Tell me you were tongue-in-cheek that if he could put weight on it, he could walk...how about worsening the injury?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: June 13, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »

"I'm afraid of Kyrie Irving right now"

- Francessa

Funny.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: June 13, 2019, 04:30:17 PM »

New deal to consider

Fantastic deal. Make it!

We could've won 33 games and still won  the lottery.   So no... i'm not trading a potential Top pick for a #5 AND throwing in Knox.   AND 2 2s.

Do you think the NBA generally values Knox ahead of a top 10 2019 pick right now?

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: June 13, 2019, 04:52:37 PM »

New deal to consider

Fantastic deal. Make it!

Do you think the NBA generally values Knox ahead of a top 10 2019 pick right now?

They're roughly equal in value.  The difference is you are gambling Knox improvement potential vs a phastazm to be named later.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: June 13, 2019, 04:54:03 PM »

You make that trade and you could be giving up a Top 4 pick in a draft you tout to get a #5 pick in a weak draft.

Makes sense on no levels.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: June 13, 2019, 10:11:54 PM »

I dont think #5 this year is weak

Its 2020 that is loaded.  Not sure of 2021

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: June 13, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »

New deal to consider

Fantastic deal. Make it!

They're roughly equal in value.  The difference is you are gambling Knox improvement potential vs a phastazm to be named later.

Knox improvement potential.

Like Frank

heh
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1847