Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899440 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6345 on: June 15, 2019, 01:23:36 AM »

Walker has stated he would take LESS than max to stay in Charlotte.

D'angelo might be a Knick after all.  Your dream come true.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: June 15, 2019, 02:30:54 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: June 15, 2019, 03:49:05 AM »

We still have 70.5 left. Toby + Dlo = 56 (28 each) along with money left and exceptions to bring back D’Andre, Vonleh, and Luke

Wow.  You want to spend $28M per year long term on tertiary FA's like Tobias and Tangelo?  Yikes x 2

Walker has stated he would take LESS than max to stay in Charlotte.

I think that needs some qualification.
By making the all-NBA team, Kemb is eligible for a huge contract.  And the gap between what CHA and a non-CHA team can offer is vast.
So my understanding is he is willing to take less than the full max from CHA, as long as it's well above the max he can get in FA elsewhere.
Basically a bargaining tactic.

Here are the numbers:
Because Walker was named to an All-NBA team this season, the Hornets can offer him a five-year supermax contract worth up to $221 million -- significantly more than the five-year, $190 million deal he would have qualified for had he not been named All-NBA.

Other teams can offer only a four-year deal worth $140 million when free agency begins June 30.

So less might be 5/$200M, which is $5M more per year than he could get anywhere else, with a 5th guaranteed season at $40M.  Basically, he'd leave $20M on the CHA table, and pocket a $10M bonus for making the all-NBA team.

Will Jordan agree to pay big bucks for Kemba?  Go into the lux tax.  Lose Jer lamb.  Etc.
The closer CHA is to offering $200M guaranteed, the more likely Kemba remains a Hornet.  If they try to discount him to say 4/$160, then he'll likely look around.  GAd, $40M a year for Kemba Walker ...?
I'd pass on $35M a year if I were the Knickers.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: June 15, 2019, 05:36:51 AM »

We still have 70.5 left. Toby + Dlo = 56 (28 each) along with money left and exceptions to bring back D’Andre, Vonleh, and Luke

Wow.  You want to spend $28M per year long term on tertiary FA's like Tobias and Tangelo?  Yikes x 2

The primaries are all broken or Khawi, who we should take a shot at, but will stay in Toronto.

The secondaries are pretty much all getting 35 million to start and are a lot closer to the tertiaries in impact than they are to the primaries.

This together means we should be in the market for tertiary or third tier FA’s in a set who are complimentary both to each other and to the pieces we are developing here.

I’m talking about two guys in the 10-20 ranking among this FA group in terms of proven production while being young enough to develop with our core and also young enough that their years in service cap the money we can give them. If we can get great guys for less somehow let’s do it, but it’s likely we’ll have competition and will need to fork over the cash. Because of the lower max for newer players, we’ll still have a budget to fill out the roster.

Also Toby may only want to ink for the time he needs to put in till he hits the next category of max salary. This may apply to guys like Middleton as well.

I don’t know the exact circumstances which would pretty much be the exact terms of the max formula in this CBA along with how many years are left on the CBA and the ages and years of service of the interesting FA prospects. We’ll also want the actual factual cap number which has yet to be announced. Beans are being counted even as I type these words.

Tobias
D’Angelo
Middleton
Randle

Significantly sub-max but still good money for Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Boogie Cousins, and Rudy Gay. If the Bucks have to cap out to keep Middleton, an RFA bid on Brogdon wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

It’s a new world since they got the demolition underway early in Oakland ahead of the move to SF. Numbers 2 and 4 on the overall list I no longer want to enlist.

That’s what I got so far in this new landscape.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: June 15, 2019, 08:19:33 AM »

Significantly sub-max but still good money for Marcus Morris, Thad Young, Boogie Cousins, and Rudy Gay.

Not interested in that quartet for reasons of age, fit, attitude.

If the Bucks have to cap out to keep Middleton, an RFA bid on Brogdon wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

Do like those Buckaroos.
But unlikely.
Good idea trying to steal Brogdon with a sizable FA offer.
Smart combo guard.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: June 15, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »

Lux tax?  Lose Lamb?  Huh?

Point was Kemba, who has already greatly endeared himself to the CHA fan base, is allowing Hornets more room.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: June 15, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »

CHA a small market team.  And not doing much winning.
If you commit $40M per or whatever for Kemba, that leaves them with little room to improve the team.  Lamb is a FA and would incur lux tax to keep him.  Which CHA traditionally is loathe to pay.  Especially when they have a mediocre team.
While Monk is cheap.

Kemba knows he's not getting the super-max he is eligible for.
IMO, 60/40 he stays in CHA, based on what they are likely to offer him and what he can get elsewhere.  If I were KW, I wouldn't be taking less money to come to a piffly NYK team, regardless of the hometown allure.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: June 15, 2019, 11:56:15 AM »

Really, I'd be looking for the next Montrezl, Oladipo, early Middleton -- guys with potential to break out, rather than overpaying for guys like Tangelo who put together one pretty good season.  Though he is young and can improve further (especially with turnovers and shot selection).

Here are some fellers I'm interested in.
Some more available than others.

Richuan Holmes -- hardworker
Sabonis -- skilled, but might not fit well with Turner
Khem Birch -- on the cheap
Brogdon -- RFA
Jeremy Lamb if not pricey
Meyers Leonard, especially if we can get a sweetener for taking him on
Uber Kelly, if not too pricey
Harry Giles -- if SAC gets foolish with their frontcourt crush
Rubio
Joe Harris
Danuel House
Batum if given sweeteners
Pa Bev - FA, I believe
Juancho
Kurucs
Sterling Brown
DJ Wilson
Stan Johnson
Okogie

My favorite pickups in bold.
There are some other guys I like, but adding a Tim Frazier when our PG slot is clogged with backups already, while Thon Maker (or Zubac) makes little sense when we have Mitch.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:55:08 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: June 15, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »

That’s a really good list. I’d add JaMychal Green to that list, also a UFA.

Another older dude like Rudy or Taj to work with D’Andre Jordan, setting culture and still playing effectively, wouldn’t hurt. Doesn’t have to be four years. Two years with a third as a team option for bigger money and as a player option for less would work.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: June 15, 2019, 05:11:50 PM »

CHA has $85M committed next season to Batum, Biyombo, Zeller, MKG and Marvin Williams.  Assuming MKG opts in for $13M -- which is more than his market value, imo.

$40M for Kemba has them hit $125M for 6 players.
Monk & Bridges add nearly $8M.  $133M / 8 players.

#12 pick is what, around $3M?
Another 5 more slots at $1.5M = $7.5M more ($143M)

Decision to make on Lamb & Frank Tank.
You sign Kemba and those two cost a lot with lux tax.
That's why Lamb would almost certainly be gone if Kemba stays.

Last year MIA had the highest payroll at $153M.  Warriors $146M.
CHA isn't paying $153M or more to keep the same team as last year (re-signing Kemba and Lamb).

They're in a tough payroll position.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: June 15, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: June 15, 2019, 07:55:45 PM »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:17:03 AM by bankshot1 »

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: June 15, 2019, 08:07:19 PM »

Welcome to the [endless] suck...

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: June 15, 2019, 08:20:11 PM »

AD to LA

Pels get Ball. Ingram, Kuzma, 3 #1s

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26981805/lakers-reach-deal-pelicans-davis

Ball, Ingram, Hart, and pick swap options spanning the next 7 years.

Hershel Walker trade redux.

For the Knicks bullet dodged.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Slow build
« Reply #6359 on: June 15, 2019, 08:31:33 PM »

Welcome RJ Barrett
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1844