Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900021 times)

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6390 on: June 17, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »

No need. We've been there done that x10000.
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Not Elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: June 17, 2019, 01:43:36 PM »

Fizdale did a lousy job bringing out the best of a young team.

OK.

Can you disagree?

With what; your opinion which you do not back up with any supporting facts?   Sure.

Not going to do your work for you.   Post why he should go and who should be hired.

What! Come on, man, your request for "supporting facts" is fatuous. There's not a thousand viewers on this forum; can I just presume none of us are hopelessly senile, and we remember the arguments, disappointments and perspectives toward the coach without wallowing through all that shit?

Even for the deranged devotees who loved the notion of tanking — an art which Fizdale apparently does have a handle on — you have to get a little queasy how an alternative approach across the river panned out.

Anyhow, I'm more struck by the broader quandary — the image of the organization. PR plays a role in recruitment. If the Knicks changed coaches, their reputation would take another hit. Is that a variable to consider? Or do you just find the best coach for the job. Period.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:47 PM »

I haven't really looked at NY cap space carefully.
If we wanted to go the 3rd tier FA route, and could poach Brogdon (RFA).  Then I'd be intrigued with Rubio or Pa Bev.  We'd add passing and defense and smarts.  The Frog is a good 3-point shooter but a bit reluctant.  Rubio not a 3-man.  Pa Bev a 3&D PG.
Rubio 28; Pa Bev 30. 
If we kept DeAndretheGiant, we'd be signing a trio of defenders in FA.

Rubio/Pa Bev -- Jr. Smith/Franc
Brogdon    --  Trier
Barrett      --  Dotson
Knox         --  Vonleh
Mitch Rob  --  Deandre

Rubio probably makes more sense given age and durability.  But Knick fans would love PaBev careening around like mad.  Not sure how much either would cost.

We could roll out a defensive squad of Rubio-Frog-someone-Vonleh-Mitch at times.  A lot would depend on Knox/Barrett.  But having a solid/strong set of Guards would make life easier for our wing yute.  Gaining stability is important. 

Another lottery year would get us another good pick.  Or we make the playoffs in the weak East.  Both good.

I think that is too many guards. You still need to have time. Also, I think a young team like this needs to run.

I'd target a starting lineup of: DSJ-Brogdon-RJ-Randle-Mitch. I'd want to know there was playing time for Frank-Knox-Vonleh. The other two rotation spots are less important to me, but I want those first eight guys to have a clear role. If it's DeAndre instead of Julius Randle (or Nikola Mirotic?), a little less excited given I want to see Mitch get run.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: June 17, 2019, 02:21:25 PM »

"Knicks discussed several assets in potential AD offer including Frank, DSJ, 3rd pick + other draft picks, but never fully offered Knox or prized center Robinson, both of whom franchise is very high on while Pels were not believed to be"

I bet Knicks would feel differently had they had a healthy Durant committed.

Not sure if I should read this that the Knicks value Knox and Mitch more than RJ, or if they knew the deal couldn't be done without RJ.

Am I alone in preferring RJ to any other Knicks asset?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: June 17, 2019, 06:17:30 PM »

Knicks were bringing AD in with no poiint guard

Thatw ould have been grand.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: June 17, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

Am I alone in preferring RJ to any other Knicks asset?

Nope.  I'm very happy we get to select RJ on Thursday.  He will be the leader of the team immediately.  Mitch and Knox seem like nice guys. RJ seems like a killer.  Perfect guy to lead the troops.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: June 17, 2019, 07:12:52 PM »

Fizdale did a lousy job bringing out the best of a young team.

OK.

Can you disagree?

With what; your opinion which you do not back up with any supporting facts?   Sure.

Not going to do your work for you.   Post why he should go and who should be hired.

What! Come on, man, your request for "supporting facts" is fatuous. There's not a thousand viewers on this forum; can I just presume none of us are hopelessly senile, and we remember the arguments, disappointments and perspectives toward the coach without wallowing through all that shit?

Even for the deranged devotees who loved the notion of tanking — an art which Fizdale apparently does have a handle on — you have to get a little queasy how an alternative approach across the river panned out.

Anyhow, I'm more struck by the broader quandary — the image of the organization. PR plays a role in recruitment. If the Knicks changed coaches, their reputation would take another hit. Is that a variable to consider? Or do you just find the best coach for the job. Period.

Well since you're only really asking for opinions from those who already agree with your stance than Fizdale should go then if i was of the same belief i would say for the image of the organization it makes sense to not make a change.  Fizdale is respected league-wide.   You give him a chance to win with the guys he developed.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: June 17, 2019, 09:54:43 PM »

http://hoopshype.com/player/ersan-ilyasova/

If this is true, I’d offer them the very waivable Henry Ellison or Billy Garrett for Ilya and a pick.

He’d make a great Mitch partner and Kornet tutor. It’s 7 million flat for This year and next & there aren’t 2 max guys we want anymore.

Ilya and #30 for a waivable player and #55.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: June 17, 2019, 10:03:31 PM »

So RJ was interviewed on an ESPN show and speaks French.  That could give he and Frankie a very nice advantage on the court.

FWK00

• View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: June 17, 2019, 10:14:43 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6400 on: June 17, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »

MAYBE one day I’ll see a good franchise in NYC if I outlive Dolan...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: June 17, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »

If this is true, I’d offer them the very waivable Henry Ellison or Billy Garrett for Ilya and a pick.

He’d make a great Mitch partner and Kornet tutor. It’s 7 million flat for This year and next & there aren’t 2 max guys we want anymore.

Ersan has his own rumor page?

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: June 17, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »

Ersan has his own rumor page?

Haha. Well done.

I'd do the deal if our intel says two all-stars aren't coming.

But Milwaukee surely is hoping to use that pick to move Snell, not Licensed to Ilya (that's for you, Bo).

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: June 18, 2019, 12:23:29 AM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: June 18, 2019, 01:11:11 AM »

Rising on draft boards: Rui, Goga, Sekou, Garland, PJ Washington, Kabengele

Falling: Hayes, Langford, Bol, THT, Grant Williams, Jontay