Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899680 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6405 on: June 18, 2019, 04:08:03 AM »

I've got to pull for Goga, since I was just in Georgia.  Nobody in the Caucasus was much interested in basketball.  They're big on football, but their national team aren't good.  Though one star on Arsenal is an Armenian.

I only ran into one guy who talked some basketball.
He mentioned Zaza Pachulia, and reminded me of Viktor Sanikidze.  I chipped in Tornike Shengelia.  Actually for such a small country there have been a fair amount of Georgians in the NBA.  Vladimir Stepania, Nikoloz Tskitishvili (a #5 pick and huge bust -- career 30% FG for a 7'). 

I guess Zaza has been the best.
Hopefully Goga Bitadze can top that.
7' 250 with an outside stroke.  Some concern about his foot speed and being able to defend the perimeter.  But he's supposed to be fairly skilled.  At 26, he went to play in Serbia where the competition is better and more professional.

I don't know how their hoops league is run, but in Tbilisi twice we rented a vehicle from the grey market.  Once our hotel arranged a rental car from someone they often rec, but there wasn't a genuine company involved.  An entirely fine Toyota Prius (hybrid) for a wine country jaunt.

The 2nd time, we rented an SUV from a big fat bald guy -- just some wrestler-looking dude on the Tbilisi street.  He had 5 pretty nice-looking vehicles parked on the road in front of a genuine rental car office.  The actual rental company wanted between $80 - $90 per day depending on model, while the kicker was we would have to wait an hour plus for them to bring the vehicle through Tbilisi traffic.  While the fat bald "rental company" charged $45 and we took the car after about 5-10 minutes of minor prepping.

I'm not even sure he asked to see a drivers license.  Maybe he did.  The two page contract was some basic doc off the internet, on which he put the date, the license plate # and asked us to sign.  He seemed surprised when I suggested that we actually fill in the daily rental fee on the contract.  He was amenable, and I added the deposit amount I gave him.  He seemed amused at how concerned I was about such formalities.

Who knows how it would have gone if we had any trouble or an accident.  But it was cheap, easy, quick, and we were able to have him meet us at a return point of our choosing in the city.  Actually Tbilisi is a bitch to drive in (even Georgians agreed, and Armenians think the Georgians drive like crap to boot).  So we had our fat bald car company drive to our hotel where we could load our bags and take possession of the car, and I just paid him the cheap return taxi fare.  When there's no company, there're no rules, and service can be pretty flexible.  [For Azerbaijan, we used a very good local rental company, who let us rent the car in Baku and drop it off at the border with Georgia for an extra fee].

All of which is to say, in a rather roundabout way, I wouldn't expect the Georgian basketball league to be a model of professionalism and efficiency.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:43:05 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: June 18, 2019, 08:06:49 AM »

Newsflash:  CP3 Annoying; Harden Headstrong

I actually wouldn't mind 3 years of Chris Paul.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: June 18, 2019, 10:41:28 AM »

AL HORFORD has just become an option for Knicks

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: June 18, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »

Mitch could learn more from Al in a minute than he could learn from F^%$whale in a lifetime....

*** never done Georgian rent-a-car, but have had some absolutely stellar Georgian pan-fried chicken.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:06:03 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: June 18, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »

Rising on draft boards: Rui, Goga, Sekou, Garland, PJ Washington, Kabengele

Falling: Hayes, Langford, Bol, THT, Grant Williams, Jontay

Rui?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: June 18, 2019, 12:03:26 PM »

Yikes.
CP3 is 34 and turns 35 for next year's playoffs.
He has missed 20+ games each of the last 3 seasons (69 missed games over the last 3 years).  Last year's numbers were the lowest of his career or on par with his rook season.  Old, injury-prone, on-the decline, and owed $40M each of the next 3 years.
What's not to like . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: June 18, 2019, 01:19:53 PM »

Knicks working out Garland today. Giving him serious consideration, supposedly.

Might be just a favour to Garland (represented by Rich Paul) to help build his trade value. Might be the Knicks are still considering trading down and want to see if they want to take Garland at #4 or lower (Pels want RJ). Or maybe they aren't sold on RJ.

If it's the latter, it will be messy - the Knicks have or have rights to DSJ, Mudiay, and Frank, but they don't have a single playmaking wing with size, which is pretty sine qua non to NBA success these days. Also, I will freely concede I am emotionally committed to RJ on the Knicks.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: June 18, 2019, 02:09:20 PM »

Yikes.
CP3 is 34 and turns 35 for next year's playoffs.

oooooooooooo.....I know, right?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: June 18, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »

Having long liked Barrett - I can still see the positives of Garland - especially if New Orleans wants the 3.

Hearing superlatives on Garland from many sources - and he is #4 in quite a few mocks.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: June 18, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »

Knicks working out Garland today. Giving him serious consideration, supposedly.

Might be just a favour to Garland (represented by Rich Paul) to help build his trade value. Might be the Knicks are still considering trading down and want to see if they want to take Garland at #4 or lower (Pels want RJ). Or maybe they aren't sold on RJ.

If it's the latter, it will be messy - the Knicks have or have rights to DSJ, Mudiay, and Frank, but they don't have a single playmaking wing with size, which is pretty sine qua non to NBA success these days. Also, I will freely concede I am emotionally committed to RJ on the Knicks.

http://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/rj-barrett-has-been-working-on-these-two-facets-of-his-game-ahead-of-nba-draft/308220166
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: June 18, 2019, 02:41:25 PM »

The New York Knicks have declined a recent trade offer that would have sent the No. 3 overall draft pick to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the eighth and 10th picks, a source told ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

The Hawks have been aggressively exploring trade scenarios in which they would package the Nos. 8 and 10 picks to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the source told Givony.

But the Knicks were not interested in moving down to acquire Atlanta's picks, according to the source...

New Orleans is considering the possibility of trading the No. 4 pick to Atlanta for Nos. 8 and 10, the source told Givony.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: June 18, 2019, 03:07:53 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2841472-5-blockbuster-nba-trades-that-would-blow-up-draft-night#slide5

The last one gives me pause. It’s essentially Beal for Barrett.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: June 18, 2019, 06:00:34 PM »

The New York Knicks have declined a recent trade offer that would have sent the No. 3 overall draft pick to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the eighth and 10th picks, a source told ESPN's Jonathan Givony.

The Hawks have been aggressively exploring trade scenarios in which they would package the Nos. 8 and 10 picks to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the source told Givony.

But the Knicks were not interested in moving down to acquire Atlanta's picks, according to the source...

New Orleans is considering the possibility of trading the No. 4 pick to Atlanta for Nos. 8 and 10, the source told Givony.

Cavs also in it.  #5 for 10 and 17

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: June 18, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »

Hawks would take.......

Culver?
Reddish?
Hunter?
White?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:30 PM »

Culver or Hunter. White is redundant and Reddish sucks.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1844