Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900347 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6615 on: June 28, 2019, 10:44:15 AM »

"You didnt wattch the Celts last year, did you?"

- I watched every team.   Boston lost to a better team.  A team whose star played better in the series.  An emerging and WISE team - not one that is falling apart, begging players and making deals and picks wily-nily.

I thought the Kyrie deal was a gamble at the time - but it may very well have paid off with a conference banner had Kyrie not been injured in 2018.  And having him run this team for less than 20 mil per was on the cheap.

The cost of the deal?  A good solder like Crowder and the pick that became Sexton.  Is what it is.....

Now there is talk of an I.T. return.  Good for him.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: June 28, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »

Simply stated - Kyrie is a GFP -

and now will be busting Celts from within the division.

Yes, Mr Walker should do fine as the new nanny for Tatum.

if Kemba signs with the Celts and can get the ball to Tatum/Brown with a greater regularity than prioritized by KI, I'm sure it will work out just fine for the the potential all-stars.

And I suspect Ki's return to the parquet floor in a new jersey will make for must see TV.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: June 28, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »

Get the ball to 13 and 15 PER players.

Yeah - good plan.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: June 28, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »

If Celts sign Enes Kanter and feed him, you may have something.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: June 28, 2019, 10:53:52 AM »

Didn't make anyone better.

Tired, overused term

Kyrie was the Point, with the ball in his hands.  He was supposed to run the team and get guys shots.
Instead, he was good at doing Kyrie.
Did anybody else put up good numbers on the Celts last year?
Morris had a couple good months.

Too bad Horford likely leaves, because I think a Kemba run team with the same players would outperform Kyrie's C's.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: June 28, 2019, 10:54:17 AM »

"You didnt wattch the Celts last year, did you?"

- I watched every team.   Boston lost to a better team.  A team whose star played better in the series.  An emerging and WISE team - not one that is falling apart, begging players and making deals and picks wily-nily.

I thought the Kyrie deal was a gamble at the time - but it may very well have paid off with a conference banner had Kyrie not been injured in 2018.  And having him run this team for less than 20 mil per was on the cheap.

The cost of the deal?  A good solder like Crowder and the pick that became Sexton.  Is what it is.....

Now there is talk of an I.T. return.  Good for him.

The Bucks were the better team. But that wasn't the point under discussion.

It was your interesting but misguided insights and biases about a team you did not watch very often.

and the KI trade was one every GM in the NBA would make.  It was basically getting a top 10-15 talent for the 8th pick in the draft.

And solved the IT problem.

And he's not coming back. That Brinks truck is way down the Mass Pike and headed west.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:55:53 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: June 28, 2019, 10:58:36 AM »

Your contention then is that a more "proper" Kyrie could have MADE Boston a better team than Milwaukee (and of course include TOR int here as well)?

No?

Then what's your whining about.  Kyrie was good - the team was SHORT.  And Danny has work to do.

Note to Bo - Brad Stevens ran much of the Celts offense.  And young teams often don't run the floor and space themselves properly.  Babysitting can be tough.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:09:12 AM by kiidcarter8 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: June 28, 2019, 11:07:46 AM »

Your contention then is that a more "proper" Kyrie could have MADE Boston a better team than Milwaukee (and of course include TOR int here as well)?

No?

YThen what's your whining about.  Kyrie was good - the team was SHORT.  And Danny has work to do.

Note to Bo - Brad Stevens ran much of the Celts offense.  And young teams often don't run the floor and space themselves properly.  Babysitting can be tough.

Bucks were better than the Celts and they had no answer for GF and the 3-pointers that the Bucks threw at them.

I'm not whining at all kid.

I'm just rebutting your mischaracterizations about a team you seem to love to dump on.

Celts were a clusterfuck last year with lots of contributors, but having an insecure alpha male PG who wanted to prove his alphaness after the Celts came close to winning the East without him, was a big-part of the problem.

Kemba if signed will help.

they will miss Al and Baynes, I still hope they give Al that 4th year, but its probably too late, but whatever they do they need to bolster paint presence.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:12:41 AM by bankshot1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: June 28, 2019, 11:11:43 AM »

The team which looked so promising is at best THIRD in the conference heading to next season - and losing its 2 best players

Yeah, I am having some fun with it.

I will admit - remind, actually - to the forum that as much fun as I have grilling Stevens, he was on my list for Knicks coach before Boston even considered him.  So I know the guy has slkills. 

Danny needs to stock the cupboard for him.

Next - how do you feel about the Celts draft?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: June 28, 2019, 11:19:01 AM »

The team which looked so promising is at best THIRD in the conference heading to next season - and losing its 2 best players

Yeah, I am having some fun with it.

I will admit - remind, actually - to the forum that as much fun as I have grilling Stevens, he was on my list for Knicks coach before Boston even considered him.  So I know the guy has slkills. 

Danny needs to stock the cupboard for him.

Next - how do you feel about the Celts draft?

Bench players/projects. Maybe the two kids from Indiana will help.

Celts real need now is an interior presence 4/5.

re Brad-I can only imagine his conversations with Ainge about how to deal with the royal PitA KI, a guy they considered key in the KI/AD equation,  and Danny told him to deal with the asshole as best he could.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: June 28, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Bo....I love your stuff, but you could do at least the non-creative among us a favor and post the real names of the guys you speak of..   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:19:16 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Why not us?
« Reply #6626 on: June 28, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »

Mavs, Celts, Suns, Bulls linked to Brogdon
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Why not us?
« Reply #6627 on: June 28, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

Brogdon is one of my favourite players in the L. But I suspect that while the Bucks initially may have hoped to sign him for a deal starting at $15m a year, the aforementioned teams (aside from Boston) are going to submit escalating bids until he receives a deal an excess of $20m. I predict a crazy contract for a guy who doesn't create his own shot or protect the rim.

Do the Knicks want to go that high?

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Why not us?
« Reply #6628 on: June 28, 2019, 12:31:28 PM »

Probably not, and Why Not Us? Well, cause the Mavs & Suns would be adding Brogdon to two perceived cornerstones in place. The Celts to a deep playoff team.

You can come out ahead when you're filling in the corners laying out big money or even overpaying wildly for promising, but very incomplete young players like Brogdon or Randall, but are usually super-f'ing yerself when its the beginning of your foundation building process.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:34:18 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
FIBA World Cup Aug 31 - Sep 15
« Reply #6629 on: June 28, 2019, 01:00:50 PM »

Giannis to play for Greece

Greece is in Group F with Brasil, New Zealand, and Montenegro

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1844