Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 911051 times)

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Sad day in Knicks land.
« Reply #6720 on: July 01, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »

Even the front office had to issue a statement to talk the fans off the ledge:

“While we understand that some Knicks fans could be disappointed with tonight’s news, we continue to be upbeat and confident in our plans to rebuild the Knicks to compete for championships in the future, through the draft, targeted free agents and continuing to build around our core of young players,”
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6721 on: July 01, 2019, 12:40:15 AM »

next up...truck robinson for the vet minimum and the ghost of Pat Cummings for the mid-level
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: July 01, 2019, 12:44:12 AM »

I'm happy with the years for Randle and Portis, but signing both is silly. At least they ought to have trade value.

Knicks are going to be bad for the next two seasons, minimum.

lesterluv

• View Profile
ALL 2ND TIER POWER FORWARDS ALL THE TIME
« Reply #6723 on: July 01, 2019, 12:57:36 AM »

nobody, nobody, could make this shit up...

**** somebody take away that checkbook quick, I bet there's a 4th out there we can blow another 14 million on....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:02:58 AM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Big Snacks
« Reply #6724 on: July 01, 2019, 01:21:22 AM »

next up...truck robinson for the vet minimum and the ghost of Pat Cummings for the mid-level

Hey Les, you forgot Jerome 🤣
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:25:19 AM by carlos123 »
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
WTF knicks
« Reply #6725 on: July 01, 2019, 01:22:15 AM »

The Knicks entered free agency with approximately $70 million in cap space. With the three signings thus far, they have around $23 million remaining in cap room.

enough for Brogdon if we wanted him!!!!

lesterluv

• View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: July 01, 2019, 01:26:57 AM »

WRONG! Los is completely correct. We need at least 12 mil of that for the Junkyard Dog ....

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: July 01, 2019, 01:32:25 AM »

We had no frontcourt other than Mitch & Knox. Knox doesn’t even count as he is still wafer thin.

All three signings are productive inside/outside guys, the kind of bigs you need to make space for both Mitch and our drivers at guard and wing. If you don’t have a rotation of big men available, every night can get ugly.

I like our day 1 better than Brooklyn’s.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: July 01, 2019, 01:32:43 AM »

Well, Pacers gave up a first rounder and two second rounders for Brogdon.

If the Knicks hand't signed Portis, but had agreed to the Iguodala salary dump with slightly better terms than the Grizzlies did (say, the Knicks sent Dotson the other way? Or a second rounder or two?), then this off-season would have looked good. A bad team, yes, but better than last year, a two-year look at a genuinely interesting Julius Randle, a very juicy first rounder, auctioning off Iguodala over the course of the year for more picks, and the cap space to acquire another pick. That would have been a B+ off-season following the D- actual season.

Instead, Randle and Portis make each other worse, and the Knicks will still be bad. I'll give it a C+ right now. The media will make it out to be worse, but that's a question of expectations, not of what has actually been done. The Knicks are focussing on two year deals, and having that extra year to play with is better, less short-sighted.

If not for Dolan, I think Durant and Kyrie might have come. Tough to say, but has to have been a factor.

I think the Porzingis trade has not worked out but still made sense. He wanted out, the risk was too great.

The real problem was not trading him, and definitely not the return for him (which was pretty good). It's what drove him to want to leave in the first place.

Knicks can have Goran Dragic right now, without giving up anything. I'd let him go to the Lakers, were I the Knicks. Or the Knicks can rent out their cap space for an unprotected Miami 2023 pick. That would be good.

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: July 01, 2019, 01:41:47 AM »

"Durant and Kyrie Irving planned on being teammates. Durant wanted them to join the Knicks together while Irving preferred they take over Brooklyn. They are now both Nets."

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: July 01, 2019, 01:48:08 AM »

BoD gets a big "I told ya so" for the Nets getting Durant (although it appears the Knicks were awfully close).

I'm taking a much smaller "I told ya so" for saying loudly stretching Noah was a bad idea.

Kiid will get his when Mudiay and Jimmer jump in the free agency madness.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: July 01, 2019, 01:53:34 AM »

WRONG! Los is completely correct. We need at least 12 mil of that for the Junkyard Dog ....

We’re projected to have 27.4 mil left to play with. Enough for Big Snacks, JYD, with money left over for Steve Novak. Don’t forget, we need shooting. 
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Bo was right
« Reply #6732 on: July 01, 2019, 02:04:56 AM »

I will  fulfill the promise i made to walk to Barclays center if KD signs with the Nets.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
The Squad
« Reply #6733 on: July 01, 2019, 02:08:51 AM »

Portis  /Robinson
Randle / Gibson
Knox  / Ignas
Barrett  / Dotson / Trier
DSJ / Ntilikina

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: KD to the Nyets
« Reply #6734 on: July 01, 2019, 02:38:42 AM »

"Durant and Kyrie Irving planned on being teammates. Durant wanted them to join the Knicks together while Irving preferred they take over Brooklyn. They are now both Nets."

Kyrie brainwashed him

FU Kyrie
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1847