Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1847

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 909391 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #6750 on: July 01, 2019, 08:53:01 AM »

so where you guys sitting shiva?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: July 01, 2019, 09:08:48 AM »

not crazy about Horford with the 76ers, (one of my sports hate teams) but 4/109 was a lot more than the Celts were willing to go.

At first glance the onstruction seems out of the '80s with a very dominant low-postish type game.

Could be tough to defend or penetrate.

IMO they'll miss Butler and Reddick 3-game.

PrezIke

• View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: July 01, 2019, 09:26:22 AM »

Btw, we don't know if KD had not gotten hurt would that have changed things.

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: July 01, 2019, 09:43:10 AM »

I think the Porzingis trade has not worked out but still made sense. He wanted out, the risk was too great.

The real problem was not trading him, and definitely not the return for him (which was pretty good). It's what drove him to want to leave in the first place.

The thing about Porzingis. Maybe he's an asshole, but he wasn't some kind of natural disaster, some bad thing that just happened to the Knicks. The question was always what did the Knicks do or not do to lead to his massive disaffection. If I'm one of the guys running this team, it's on me if our most wildly valued asset want to walk. That's what smarts, wisdom, calculation is all about. They fucked up. In another business, that would likely lead to losing your job.

Talking about KP leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sort of like the last 24 hours of free agency signings.

I do like Randle. He's impressive. And at least he has the capacity, the potential to surprise us. Not sure you can say that about any of the other pickups who, I presume, play some necessary role.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: July 01, 2019, 11:59:20 AM »

With Ellington on board, we have about 10 mil left, or a bit more than the MLE.

Portis Mitch
Randle Gibson
Knox Bullock Ignas
Barrett Dotson Ellington
DJS Trier Frank

I think we need another big. Vonleh and Kornet are two of the better guys still on the market.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

elephant

• View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: July 01, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »

Can someone explain the Ellington pick up?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: July 01, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »

Zach Lowe loves to overrate Durant.  Keeps pushing this idea that KD was on pace to be a Top 10 all-time player.
I'll take Wilt, Russ, Kareem in there.
Jordan, Magic, Bird
LeBJ, Oscar.

Only two spots left.
Duncan, Olajuwon probably.

Durant has been a terrific scorer.  But was a late-game bungler for OKC.  Couldn't win enough with Westbrook.  Didn't play D until he got to GS.  Carpet-bagged two titles, joining a dynasty in progress.

Next 10:
After that, I'd take Kobe and Shaq over Durant.  And Jerry West.  Definitely Dr. J if you count his ABA exploits (over 30K in points then).
Probably Garnett, Karl Malone, maybe Moses.  Was Durant better than Wade?  Pippen?

That's 19.  So Durant might have been able to get into my Top 20 if he didn't get injured . . . And Elgin Baylor, Havlicek, David Robinson might have something to say about that.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: July 01, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »

We wanted to get the closest we could to the same exact player as Bullocks?

I'm guessing we want a vet presence at SG, since our PG's are so young, and Trier is error-prone and yuteful.  And R&B a pup.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: July 01, 2019, 12:44:05 PM »

We wanted to get the closest we could to the same exact player as Bullocks?

I'm guessing we want a vet presence at SG, since our PG's are so young, and Trier is error-prone and yuteful.  And R&B a pup.

DJS, Trier, Barrett, Knox, and Randle are drive first guys who thrive by attacking the lane.

Ellington, Bullock, Dotson, and Portis spread the floor and create room for drivers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: July 01, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »

The thing about Porzingis. Maybe he's an asshole, but he wasn't some kind of natural disaster, some bad thing that just happened to the Knicks. The question was always what did the Knicks do or not do to lead to his massive disaffection. If I'm one of the guys running this team, it's on me if our most wildly valued asset want to walk. That's what smarts, wisdom, calculation is all about. They fucked up. In another business, that would likely lead to losing your job.

Talking about KP leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Sort of like the last 24 hours of free agency signings.

I do like Randle. He's impressive. And at least he has the capacity, the potential to surprise us. Not sure you can say that about any of the other pickups who, I presume, play some necessary role.

lol, Mills & Perry & Fiz deserve to be drawn, quartered, burnt at stake, add in disemboweled first for Dolan. It's not even amateur hour, it's like drunk perverted clown freak hour.

Any halfway decent management is adding two primo stars to Porzingis this summer. Hard to even conjure up the actual scenario that is occurring in any quantum universe.

Still, that's what it is to be a Knick fan and next year's team will certainly be better watching than last, aluta continua....

*** Now you're chewing on a bone when it shoulda been steak...who was that? Kane or Shan?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:25:35 PM by lesterdog »
*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Hezonja to Portland
« Reply #6760 on: July 01, 2019, 02:04:37 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: July 01, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »

our summer...50 MILLION $$$ IN SECOND TIER POWER FORWARDS....

Please speak in per year terms

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: WTF knicks
« Reply #6762 on: July 01, 2019, 02:09:18 PM »

The Knicks entered free agency with approximately $70 million in cap space. With the three signings thus far, they have around $23 million remaining in cap room.

enough for Brogdon if we wanted him!!!!

Fucking stop

2-way street.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Wow man
« Reply #6763 on: July 01, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »

Massive fail.

Shit.

I Traded KP.

Gonna get fired.

Definitely gotta issue a statement.

Yo dudes

We fucked up yo.

SOrry.

-Knicks FO

Randle's better than Porzingis

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: July 01, 2019, 02:16:36 PM »

If we want to unclump it further

PG: DJS, Allen
PG/SG: Frank, Trier
SG: Barrett, Dotson
SG/SF: Bullock, Wilkes
SF: Knox, Ignas
PF: Taj
PF/C: Randle, Portis
C: Robinson

Team needs: point guard, small forward

There are no minutes for a PG if you want to play Trier.

And FIZZ WANTS TO PLAY TRIER
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1847