Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899547 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7305 on: August 03, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »

“I told them if we took all that time and used it to coach them we would have made the playoffs”

What a crock of crap that is.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: August 04, 2019, 03:19:28 AM »

Well, I assume he's exaggerating.  But he seems to have a valid point.

Problem bringing in outside consultants is that:
1) the consultants have to make a point of being visible and busy, which often unnerves/concerns workers and affects morale
2) the consultants  have to propose some significant change, otherwise they appear unnecessary.  Significant change is disruptive and not always better.
3) management usually goes with whatever change, because otherwise hiring the consulting company for a significant sum appears wasteful and  pointless.

In sum, once the process is initiated, everyone has to justify their role/decision.

I do think most NBA teams could be run better and more professionally.  But bringing in McKinsey to streamline and re-organize a basketball team is problematic.  Especially since they have no experience in the field.  They don't really know what works, what's standard or even why.

Be interesting to know how much McKinsey got paid for their work.

Dolan doesn't know how to run a team.
There has to be a happy medium between letting Marbury cousins swarm all over the joint and having a bunch of McKinsey suits telling NBA coaches and lifers how to do their jobs.

Things got so bad that the NBA pressured Dolan to hire Donny Walsh as a competent adult who could restore sanity and trust to the Knix.
I think players talk and some avoid NYK as Dolan has developed a losing tradition, a losing culture and NY has come to be known as a place where reputations get shredded.

Currently, the Perry-Mills duo is supposed to be competent and patient aimed to bring back respectability.  We'll see how long that lasts.   I like that we didn't bring in the flashiest of coaches and were willing to undergo a tank year to get a high pick.  Let's see if we cna maintain patience long-term.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Some thoughts on paperwork and workplace changes
« Reply #7307 on: August 04, 2019, 03:56:01 AM »

Some thoughts on paperwork and workplace changes:

One of Boris Johnson's first acts as new UK PM was to announce a plan to hire an additional 20,000 police.  Over the past 10 years, the national police force was trimmed from 140K to 120K.  The impetus/theory was to remove all the paper-pushers who were deemed unnecessary.  Which they did.  Which meant all the officers spent more time in the office doing paperwork and not on the beat.  Which was not good.

And now it's going to be difficult and expensive to try to quickly train 20K police quickly and get them on the streets in the next few years.  It'd be more efficient and effective to hire more police office staff and allow the current trained officers to spend more time policing.  Which was the previous status quo.  Instead a negative cascade was put in place and continues.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: August 04, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »

Randle not playing for USA; Barrett not playing for Canada; Melo not playing for anybody.

Knix didn't rate an Xmas game.
KZ @ MSG Nov 14
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: August 04, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »

Randle dropped out or he didn't get selected?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: August 04, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

lesterluv

• Burgers are tasty, but I love steak!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: August 04, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »

*** Mike Byrd said, Would that be Ashli, Ashley or Ashlee? Can never be sure with you white trash types." BAM!***

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: August 04, 2019, 11:42:40 PM »

So a business firm with no hoops experience comes in, tells hoops lifers how to do their jobs, and everyone gets paranoid and feels someone is watching them all the time.

That's Dolan in a nutshell.

What a sweet consulting gig.  I'm envious.  I once got to consult for MLB.  But the IT side.  It would be ridiculous to let me in on practices.  But hey... i'll take the job.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: August 05, 2019, 02:48:17 AM »

What Enes Said....

https://mobile.twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1158074534303432705

Very much so.

He’ll have fun as a Celtic and remain an athlete worth paying attention to.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: August 05, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »

France & Turkey played a warm up. Trying to find a box score somewhere.

Richard P. Feynman

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
La France
« Reply #7315 on: August 05, 2019, 11:25:25 PM »

France & Turkey played a warm up. Trying to find a box score somewhere.

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/basket/equipe-de-france/actualites/basket-les-bleus-souffrent-et-s-inclinent-devant-la-turquie-968714

No box score exactly, but you get the final score and a reference to Ntilikina.

"Quant à Franck Ntilikina, il a étrenné son maillot bleu à 43 secondes de la fin du premier quart-temps. Et de balle manière : le meneur des Knicks de New-York a offert une passe décisive à Vincent Poirier (22-17, 10e). Ntilikina (15 min, 2 pts, 2 rbs, 6 passes) a également montré une belle présence défensive."

If you need help with the translation, M. Chico peux aider-toi.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: August 06, 2019, 12:34:50 AM »

Apparently Franc is the "meneur des Knicks de New-York"

Une belle présence défensive is music to my ears.

Those French ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: August 06, 2019, 03:51:54 AM »

From the highlights I saw, it seemed a typical low minute Frank game from either of the last two years.

Richard P. Feynman

thebizneverloses

• View Profile
Re: Show 'em what they know not through flows of hot molasses
« Reply #7318 on: August 06, 2019, 07:43:51 AM »

He rarely blocks anybody or makes a key defensive play, while Lillard usually takes all the late game clutch shots.  Definitely something to build on for McC.
In the next series v. GS, McC shot 39% and POR was swept.
Which has been POR's standard fate in the Lillard-McC era

Lillard & McC have been the West Coast edition of Lowry & DeRozan.  A  competitive regular season duo who fade in the playoffs.  Last year was an exception (though they did flame out in a sweep).  Size, iffy defense and streaky shooting undermine them.  I think POR got a bit lucky last year to get a very good but inexperienced DEN team.  With Hood and Zach giving unexpectedly good support.

Going forward, losing Mo Hark and Aminu will hurt their defense and chemistry.  Whiteside not exactly known as a great teammate.
Will need Hood and Zach to be consistent.
Their bench looks awfully thin (Bazemore and a few young guys).
The Nurkic injury set them back.
47 W's is my call.

Whiteside and Bazemore are both big endings contracts, but the days of flipping those for value seems gone.   And POR can't really afford to add more long-term money.

I feel, Bo, like you're doubling down because you feel you have to. And in the process, making quite a lot of rather iffy statements. Like your ridiculous assertion that Lowry played poorly in these playoffs. I won't say everything is dead wrong (and I'm fine with your conclusion of 47 wins as a projection, although injuries tend to determine such things) - but there's a certain defiance despite, as I said, some of these statements being rather debatable.

"while Lillard usually takes all the late game clutch shots.  " - Go watch G7 against the Nuggets and that super long multi-OT game. CJ was taking (and making) the late game clutch shots. Dame is smart, he defers when CJ is cooking. Sometimes it is Dame, sometimes it is CJ.

"A  competitive regular season duo who fade in the playoffs.  " - CJ increased his PER the last two seasons from the regular season to the playoffs. Dame didn't, but he certainly had some spectacular moments during this playoff run (while generally struggling with his efficiency).

"I think POR got a bit lucky last year to get a very good but inexperienced DEN team." I'd say maybe they were lucky to avoid Houston, but at worst they were the 3rd best team in the W when all was said and done. Probably at worst the 6th best team in the league. That is still very good.

"Whiteside not exactly known as a great teammate" He's not my type of player either, but I'm actually optimistic that Portland is a good spot for him, and expect a bounce-back season. Dame is known as brilliant in the locker-room.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: August 06, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »

The emergence of Zach Collins being overlooked, I believe

14-9-2 with 2 blocks per 36 as a 21 year old

13.5 PER, up from 7.5 (if only we could see same from Frank)

4.2 mil this year.  Team option at 5.4 for '20-21 will certainly be exercised.
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 1844