Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 899662 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7335 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:37 PM »

Shaman's a gunner, and a good one.
A lot like Lou W or Reddick.

I don't think he has ballhandling or passing chops.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: August 07, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »

Well, you remain malinformed.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: August 07, 2019, 04:06:01 PM »

I recall he showed some lead guard chops at times in college. In the league he’s been deployed as a shooting wing by both Philly and the Clips.

If he has the ability to play NBA pg, we’ll probably see it this year based on his team’s roster.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: August 07, 2019, 06:54:07 PM »

Yep

Good passer

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201901260DEN.html

Rookie-year projection

Shamet could earn minutes with the second unit for his backcourt versatility and efficient brand of offense. His ability to pass and shoot should help him work off any guard. It could take a year for him to adjust to a deeper arc, though, given the line-drive arch on his shot. And he could struggle to finish at the rim. Throw in the defensive questions, and Shamet will likely go stretches in which he's forced to watch from the bench.

Projected role

He's 21 years old, and he's suffered multiple foot injuries. And without the jets to penetrate or fly in transition, Shamet projects as more of a backup game-managing type of guard. He'll press the right buttons at the point but also slide off the ball and threaten the defense as a spot-up shooter off the bench

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: August 07, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »

Landry Shamet and Conner Frankamp, the guards who replaced Ron and Fred, have developed into one of the best duos WSU has had, especially over the past month.

Shamet started the season as WSU’s shooting guard and Frankamp played the point. Then junior Daishon Smith replaced Frankamp. Then freshman Austin Reaves started getting more minutes.

Finally, though, it was Shamet’s move to the point and Frankamp’s move to play off the ball that really sparked this team.

https://www.kansas.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/bob-lutz/article136970253.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: August 07, 2019, 07:16:05 PM »

Great shooter - you are right about that.

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Re: ADMINISTRATOR
« Reply #7341 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:24 PM »

Hey there, I had to switch browsers because in the one I use regularly I got this message:

"Sorry carlos123, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire."

Are you serious or is it some kind of error?

Czarlos,
If you are using the same computer, then you're IP address isn't banned.
So just try deleting the cookies for Elba in your old browser and seeing if that works.
Sometimes they try to block out bots and genuine posters get caught in the crossfire.

Thank you BoZ, but it didn't work.

I deleted all the cookies in the old browser, which is a pain because it also deletes the useful ones.
Then I was able to see the forum, but the moment I tried to log in I was kicked out with the same message.
I have no idea if the administrator reads the posts in the forum or how to let him know if he doesn't.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."
- Putin's bitch at CPAC 2023

"Those Hispanics are funny, and they speak really funny"
- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- Prayers for Chamaco Cartero -

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #7342 on: August 07, 2019, 09:25:44 PM »

After a second cleanup, it's working now. Hope it lasts.
Thanks again BoZ.
"I am your warrior and, if you feel you have been wronged or betrayed, I am your retribution, oh yes, your retribution."

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: August 07, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »

Hey there, I had to switch browsers because in the one I use regularly I got this message:

Czarlos,
So just try deleting the cookies for Elba in your old browser and seeing if that works.
Sometimes they try to block out bots and genuine posters get caught in the crossfire.

I deleted all the cookies in the old browser, which is a pain because it also deletes the useful ones.
Then I was able to see the forum, but the moment I tried to log in I was kicked out with the same message.
I have no idea if the administrator reads the posts in the forum or how to let him know if he doesn't.

I got banned also.  But this is Elba.  These things happen.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

carlos123

• so cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: August 07, 2019, 09:39:45 PM »

Czarlos,

I got banned also.  But this is Elba.  These things happen.

Thankfully it's Elba and not Ankara.

Enes says hello from Boston

- Bo Zizzley&Chip Stern

- BAN THE AR15-
- Chamaco Cartero

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: August 07, 2019, 10:21:12 PM »

Gonna be tough rooting against E.K.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: August 07, 2019, 11:43:04 PM »

Josh is the moderator hereabouts.
If you click Members up at the Top, then click the Posts column, his name will come up first.  Click on his name and you can PM him.

I also have an email address for him (or maybe it's for site admin liquidsilver).
I can find that if you want.

For some browsers, it's relatively easy to scroll through your cookies and delete just the ones from a specific site.  I'm on Chrome and it allows you to do that.
I think Firefox does as well.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:58:42 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: August 08, 2019, 12:26:04 AM »

We'll see on Shamet.
I saw an article saying LouW would be the backup PG.
Agree that Shamet would be a better option if capable.
They can probably patch together a backup PG between those two and using PG13 as point-forward during the regular season.

But last year was Pa Bev's first healthy year in forever.  If he misses time, then you need a spot-starting PG.

I saw Shamet a good deal on PHI and his role there was to shoot.  Surprised me how effective he was.  If he's got adequate combo-guard skills, that's a bonus for LAC.  It's not the role he had last year, when Doc had him running Reddick sets off screens.   Could be a good op for Shamet to display his versatility.  Just hope it doesn't affect his (elite last year) shooting.  I'd still feel better if they picked up Jer Lin or some other unaffiliated vet PG.

Btw, Clips have a surplus of SG's. 
PG13.  Shamet.  Lou W.  Jerome Robinson (#19 pick two years ago).  McGruder (fine defender/energy guy).  PG13 can play SF, and hopefully Shamet some PG.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:54:11 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: August 08, 2019, 01:14:09 AM »

http://teamfrancebasket.com/game/414152

7pts on 2-7 & 1-3 from 3, 5 dimes & a steal for young Frank. Tunisia is no Turkey.

I think Nando, who was playing in front of him, might have gotten hurt.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: August 08, 2019, 05:26:54 AM »

There were a few years where many teams gambled and cheaped out on backup
PG's.  Sometimes an injury to a starting PG meant a min salary guy had to start.

But it seems there's a new trend of some teams eschewing backup PG's altogether.

ATL has Trae Young and no other PG.  Evan Turner the closest approximation. 

GS has Scurry and ____?  I guess it's tangelo when Scurry sits (after Klay returns).  But Kerr plans to use Scurry, Tangelo and Klay together, mostly because they don't have a starting quality SF.  Thinnest GS team in a long while.

MIA has Dragic, who breaks down often, and an undrafted GLeague combo guard named Kendrick Nunn.   

As for the cheap route:
BOS has two 2nd round rooks as their backup PG's.  But likely combo guard Smart is the backup PG.  Thinnest Celt team in quite a while.

CHA a 2nd year 2nd rounder (Devonte Graham) as backup to Rozier, a first time starter.

PHX has three late PG draft picks behind Rubio (two early 2nd rounders)

That's 5 or 6 teams barely prioritizing backup PG at all.
I don't understand the thinking.  Seems the idea is that a wing can handle much of the distributing and ballhandling -- a Jimmy Butler, Paul George, etc.

A few teams run 3 deep at PG:
IND, DAL, KNIX, NOPe, TOR, CHI (sorta), LAL. OKC (until they trade CP3 or Shrodeinger's Cat)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 1844