Who will win Game 5 of the NBA Finals?

Warriors
- 1 (33.3%)
Celtics
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 13, 2022, 11:38:11 PM

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1844

Author Topic: Knicks  (Read 900339 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Knicks
« Reply #7530 on: September 04, 2019, 07:11:17 PM »

Rozier shoots .390 fg%, with an efg of .480.

Thanks.  I had no access to those numbers.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: September 04, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »

To think the things you do, you have to be more than a little obtuse.

I’m ready to remind you of the obvious things you tend to miss.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: September 04, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »

Do you expect the number to rise?

Yeah - me, too.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: September 04, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »

Gina Tucker watched as the Brooklyn Nets hosted Boston last season. She noticed how downtrodden her son looked. Invisible signs for others that were prominent signals of distress for a mother. She had seen Rozier emote frustration on the court before. But this was something different. He struggled from the field that night, missing seven of his eight shots as Brooklyn rallied for a blowout win. "Like, he's losing it," she recalled. "I saw pain, frustration, disappointment. I just felt like that moment in itself, he was done."

She sent him a text after the game.

"I don't think I smiled, cracked a joke that day," Rozier said. "And that's not me. I'm always smiling. I'm always enjoying the time and being in a moment. But I was just out of it in general, dealing with a lot. I feel like that was one of my breaking points. I had a couple of them during the season."

Boston entered last season with expectations to step into the vacuum created by LeBron James' departure to the Western Conference. The young Celtics had reached the Eastern Conference Finals the previous two seasons and had done so without a lot of superstar power.

Rozier was one of the reasons why.

Before the 2018 playoffs, Celtics coach Brad Stevens visited Rozier as he lofted shots late one night. Stevens, Rozier said, told him that he could play just as good as anyone out there and to take advantage of the opportunity

I'm ready for it, Rozier thought. I got to roll with the punches. If I fail, I know I did my best trying, but failing is not an option. Stay levelheaded, stay in the moment.

He averaged 16.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game in the postseason and brought Boston to within one game of the NBA Finals.

"Didn't try to get too high, then let the stuff get to me," Rozier said. "Didn't try to get too low, when things weren't going my way. Just try to stay right there in the moment, and it worked out for me. Then a lot of people that wasn't on the Terry Rozier train, talking all that B.S., hop on. That's just how I go."

But the roster last season never coalesced. Players like Rozier were asked to adjust to supporting roles behind now-healthy stars Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, and once an NBA player finds lightning, it's hard for him to be asked to bottle it back up. The uncertainty of Irving's looming free agency also shadowed the franchise.

Boston's soaring hopes came crashing down with a collapse against Milwaukee in the conference semifinals. Rozier finished the regular season with averages of just 9.0 points in 22.7 minutes a game. His frustration poured out in interviews shortly after the playoffs.

"Not liking how me being positioned and me being used as a person, player and I just feel like things could have been done better, could've been handled better on Boston's end and on my end," Rozier answered when asked what went wrong last season. "I feel like things could've been a lot better, and it wasn't.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849414-you-dont-know-terrys-scary

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: September 04, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »

A panel of ESPN insiders selected Rozier's sign-and-trade as one of the offseason's most questionable moves. Doesn't make any sense, wrote one. Mind-boggling, wrote another. Another ESPN survey of 20 anonymous coaches, executives and scouts listed Rozier's acquisition as the third-worst of the summer, behind his other would-be suitors—the Knicks offseason in totality and Ricky Rubio's signing in Phoenix.

heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: September 05, 2019, 12:16:27 AM »

Bo, your betting NO on Bridges is once again noted.
Careful.......

Actually I've hedged.
I think he's a nice energy player with solid defense.  But can he offend?

Actually I was in favor of drafting one of the Bridges instead of Knox.
Miles Bridges was touted as a plug-n-play 3&D F.
Mikal a scorer.  He did alright in the mess that was PHX.  But jury still out on him as well.
I got on board with the Knox pick, but he was much more of a risk, being so young.

Unfortunately, with the Barrett pick, Knix again went young and raw upside over more established 3&D options.  We'll see how it turns out.
I guess if one becomes a star, it's worked out.  But I like 3&D, and would have preferred one solid reliable pick and one big upside gamble.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:37 AM »

Yeah, its between MKG and Marvin to start.  Bridges takes the other (3/4)

Zeller
Rozier
Batum

Biyombo off the pine, with MKG/Marv, Monk, Devonte Graham, Hernangomez and the aforementioned P J Washington, who can play.

I agree with you.  Both Marv and Bridges can start.
Rozier - Batum - Bridges - Marv - Zeller
A fairly decent team
MKG - Monk - Bacon - Willy - Graham as backups.

One year for Rozier if he didn't get the big offers he was hoping for.
If PHX went with Rubio, and Kemba stayed, not clear where the landing spot would be for Rozier.  Could have then taken a big one year make-good contract with NYK to up his value for FA next year.
Agree with Kam, I wouldn't have wanted Rozier for 3/$57M.

I dont think Cha deals Bridges for Shae right now.

Guess it depends what you mean by "right now"
After they traded for and paid Rozier big, adding Shai has less appeal at the expense of a young F.  But I'd much rather have Shai than Rozier.
Could have gotten something else back for Kemba.
I'd much rather have Shai and Jaylen Brown than Rozier and Bridges.
(not saying that was possible, but maybe ...)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: September 05, 2019, 12:59:42 AM »

I suspect the Nets would have a spirited debate about dealing, say, at least LeVert, Allen, Kurucs and two unprotected first-round picks for Beal.

I thought that from Zach Lowe sounded crazy.
Beal is a star, but no way would I consider such a package.
LeVert and Allen are good young players.   Kurucs interesting.  Does anyone ever trade unprotected picks anymore? 
Even with one 1st rounder, that'd be a score for WASh.

LaVert, Allen and one 1st rounder sounds fair.
I'd probably jump that if I were the Wiz (depending whta other deals are out there).  If they did the trade this year, all it takes is a Kyrie injury to make that a pretty high pick.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: September 05, 2019, 05:21:20 AM »

You’d probably have to take Beal & Irving over Dame & CJ. Beal can lead while Kyrie Kyries.

Nets would still have DJ, Harris, Dinwiddie, eventually chemically enhanced Wil Chandler, and that other guy they drafted along with Kurcus. Might make space for Melo. Since you’ve already got Kyrie, why not? It’s not like your chemistry could be more at risk, you’re just courting a larger explosion when it happens.

Beal matches Kyrie’s timeline way more than KD does.

New owners like to make splashes in Brooklyn. Sometimes it works out a little funny though.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: September 05, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »

Nets-Wiz

I dont think Mr Allen goes anywhere

Re:  Celts swap of Rozier for Walker - C's actually were given teh better of the drfat pick swap as well.  They werent GIVING something else - you said Brown? - for Kemba.  In their mind Rozier was a goner - but they still got a smidgen from CHA to lock other teams out of the bidding.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: September 05, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »

"If Phoenix went with Rubio and Kema stayed...."

They weren't.  They were going with Rozier.  Shifted to Rubio after Terry decided to go with Jordan..

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: September 05, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »

You're right.  PHX wanted Rozier.
So more like IF PHX wasn't interested in Rozier, then the Knix might have had a shot.  If the Knix offered 3 years, we could've had Rozier.  But I agree with what the PerMills did.  Try for Rozier for a single year, and not overpay on a 3 year.  Picked up Elfrid at less than half the Rozier rate.

One of LeVert/Dinwiddie is expendable.  But Nets should hold on to Allen, who can learn a lot from DeAndretheGiant.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: September 05, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »

I am somewhat bullish on Payton but do not like a position share.

Hornets are giving TR the reins, as PHX is with Ricky.  And LAL with Rondo - and GSW with Rusell.

chipstern

• View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: September 05, 2019, 06:03:11 PM »

You're right.  PHX wanted Rozier.
So more like IF PHX wasn't interested in Rozier, then the Knix might have had a shot.  If the Knix offered 3 years, we could've had Rozier.  But I agree with what the PerMills did.  Try for Rozier for a single year, and not overpay on a 3 year.  Picked up Elfrid at less than half the Rozier rate.

One of LeVert/Dinwiddie is expendable.  But Nets should hold on to Allen, who can learn a lot from DeAndretheGiant.

In what quadrant of the known galaxy? 

LeVert is a scoring machine, and Dinwiddie is superb sixth man option at PG, SG, SF. 
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 1844