Voting closed: June 01, 2022, 11:20:06 PM

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81

Author Topic: NBA  (Read 73092 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: NBA
« Reply #1050 on: November 27, 2021, 02:21:44 PM »

Fox with mistakes late 4Q.
Just under the 2' mark, Fox keeps oddly jumping around and turning his head on D, until Westbrook zooms right down the paint past him, gets the pass, unleashes a vicious dunk.  Pay attention to your man!  Grade school stuff.
Then Fox comes down and front-rims a 3.
A poor 3-point shooter, why is he jacking one with 1:30 left with a 1 point lead?
Did drive for a tying layup with 21 secs left.

Anthony Davis with a terrible 4Q.  Probably the main reason Sacto came back from 11 down and even took the lead.  AD clanked 4 or 5 shots, and got burned by TyH with 2:20 left and the shot clock ending.  TyH faked a 3 and zoomed past AD for a layup.  Sweet move.

Early 1OT, Fox drives into 3 Lakes and turns it over.  Dumb ​play.
Hield, on a rough shooting night, pops a 26' to tie the game with under 1 min left in OT.  Then ties the game with 3 secs left with an odd fallaway one-legged offbalance shot over LeBJ.  Weird looking shot.

LeBJ is I think 0-5 on 3's in 4Q and 1OT, including missing what would have been a winning shot to end regulation and 1st OT.

end of 2OT, tie game, 14 secs left.  Sac ball.
Fox dribbles the time down, somewhat fails to use a Len screen with 6 secs left and then desperately passes to TyH as the clock expires.  Didn't even get a shot off.  Just an awful play by Fox. ​Wow.

Multiple crunch time crud from Fox.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 27, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »

Already on to the next games...
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 27, 2021, 09:45:29 PM »

16 for Phoenix!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 28, 2021, 12:56:26 PM »

Teams under water update

East

Toronto
Indiana
Detroit
Orlando

West

Sac
OKC
SA
New O
Hou

(I see Rockets won again - good to see - OT vs Hornets.  Developing Jalen Green, who is now out, has been cumbersome)

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 29, 2021, 12:04:57 AM »

SacK gave up 38 1Q points.  Followed by another 38 in the 2Q.
v. Memf without Ja Mo.  Not good.
Gentry ditched the starters and played guys named Louis King and somebody called Jahmius.

Trade high on Fox.
Or ditch Hield.
Neither winners.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 29, 2021, 12:29:35 AM »

Hield was in the fucking Final 4.

Fox fell just short.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 29, 2021, 06:44:01 AM »

Pre-NBA lifestyle.

I don't know these cats, but there's a Melo/Westbrook-like stubbornness to these guys.  That they are going to continue to play their game.  Afterall it's what got them big $$$ and fame, while team goals are nice and all but secondary.  Some fine offense, combined with poor defense, minimal teamwork and a lack of chemistry.  Fox is going to launch 3's and make out of control drives against multiple defenders.  Hield is going to bomb away, while staying away from the rim and contact and FT's.  Both will put up nice enough (inefficient) numbers in this fashion, losing season after losing season.

In a different system and framework, Hield could be a key piece (maybe).  Hield bombing away for say PHI while Embiid defends the rim and scores inside is appealing.  Fox is still young and could improve his decision-making, orchestration while thriving on drives (and drive and kicks) and midrangers.

I still like some permutation of the Fox & Bags for Simmons deal.

Watch the last 30 secs of the half v. MemF to get some ideas of the failures of Fox.

And btw, Hield was clanking 3's (1-7), then finally drove for an easy layup, drove again and was fouled.  Though on his 3rd drive in transition he put up an absurd shot thinking he was gonna be fouled. 

The Memf announcers were giggling over how trigger happy Sacto was with poor shooters such as Fox and Metu acting like Reggie Miller.  Actually they used the RegMilla comp for Des Bane who is a mighty fine shooter (47/39/92).  How did that cat drop to late 1st round?  I remember Saddiq Bey and Bane were labeled the two best shooters in that draft.  Bane is poised and solid.  While Dillon Brooks plays his ass off on both ends.  Could be a fave of mine if I ever see Griz games.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:38:34 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 30, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »

Knicks took Dotson one pick ahead of Brooks

bodiddley

• View Profile
At least somebody on Sacto manned up ...
« Reply #1058 on: December 01, 2021, 03:27:30 AM »

Geez, my post got killed.

Alvin Gentry apologized to the fans for his teams 2nd half performance.

I want to apologize to every Kings fan out there because you do not deserve this, Gentry said. The second half was a disaster and it was an embarrassment. We cannot do what we did in the second half. ... The fans dont deserve that.

Gotta place blame firstly on their PG and supposed star.
Fox with 7 turnovers and a -21, along with Hield and Metu.  Funny how the bad defenders wind up with negative +/-.  Dav Mitch a -17, but for him it's offensive woes (and playing with poor defenders.  Just -1 with tyH out there.

Bo would trade both Fox and Hield and start over.
Revamp with a Simmons - TyH backcourt.  And whatever you get back from Hield.
I'd keep Rich Holmes but preferably as a 6th man.

SacKings have done a terrible job of developing players.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 02:37:40 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 01, 2021, 11:22:51 PM »

I call for a moratorium on +/- stats

These are not used by GMs in contract and trade talks.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 02, 2021, 03:38:38 AM »

Neither is defense it often appears.

But who cares about contracts and trades and GM's?
+/- might affect minutes doled out and units played by coaches.

Glance at the Cavs box in their beatdown of MIA.
https://www.espn.in/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360147
Instantly +/- announces that Garland - Rubio - Love - Jar Allen killed as a 4 man unit.  (Rubio a game high +38 in 26 mins despite 1-5 FG and 3 turnovers).
Useful info.

And really, as a GM I'd be looking to pick up +/- darlings -- such as Rubio, TyH, Igoudala of the past, etc. -- underrated, low-stat players who impact winning at a discount.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 02, 2021, 03:38:53 AM »

For whatever reason, Hield massively slumping under early-Gentry.
Last 4 games 4-31 on 3's.  9 points total in last 2 games.
Not sure what the difference is.  Maybe more TyH ballhandling (11 assists v. LAC) as he tends to pass to Holmes and Metu more.  Neither Fox nor TyH are good drive and kick to the perimeter G's.  TyH mostly likes to dump off to a big or find Holmes in the middle of the paint for one of his push shots.  Fox's assists are down.

I'd like to see Hield cutting more.  He's a strong, athletic guy who only spots up.
I'd also like to see Fox push the ball in transition more.  TyH simply zoomed a pass ahead to Holmes who was running along with 3 Clips, and Holmes got a dunk.

Saw the 2Q & part of the 3Q v. LAC. On one play, some guy I never heard of (Boston Jr.) catches the ball in transition, blows right past Fox at midcourt and swoops in for a layup right around Hield.  Announcer: "Ole".  Really Ole x 2
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 02, 2021, 07:44:05 PM »

B J Boston was once considered a top ten draftee - this after his final year of HS.

Clippers seem to have gotten a steal.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 17, 2021, 09:59:59 PM »

The Kings ...28th in points allowed per possession, and haven't improved since Alvin Gentry replaced Luke Walton as head coach.

Sacramento has allowed 116.4 points per 100 possessions with Fox on the floor -- and just 97.9 when he sits! The first number is 2.5 points worse than the league's leakiest defense. The second is stingier than Golden State's league-best outfit!

Fox's crappy defense #2 on ZakLow's Top Ten Likes/Dislikes this week. 
With video of non-efforts. 
https://www.espn.in/nba/insider/story/_/id/32885019/lowe-10-things-gladiatorial-defense-embiid-pleas-vooch-kat-secret-skill-steph
He's spot on except where he makes a bunch of excuses for Fox (skinny, heavy offensive load, doesn't want to ruin his pedicure, etc). 

Just PLAY DEFENSE.  It's half the game.  And sets a bad example when your "star" player takes it easy on the effort side of the ball.

I recall when Scurry was a weak defender who would get hunted out.  But he toughed up, learned how to deal with screens, meshed as a team defender.  It's what Trae Young needs to commit to and figure out to be a true impact player and lead his team to contention.  Ja Morant too.  So far, Fox has been largely disinterested.  And leads his team to a losing season year after year.  But Trae and Ja already have more polished and complete offensive games than Fox who struggles with 3's, turnovers, running a team, etc.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 10:35:05 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Wigging Out ...
« Reply #1064 on: December 17, 2021, 10:19:51 PM »

Andrew Wiggins was a 33% 3-point shooter in MINNY.
Shoots 39% in GSW.
Helps to have a good system, passing teammates, other shot creators.

Shooting 49% / 41% this year.
And his defense has become respectable, even good.
Wiggins has averaged nearly 20 PPG for his career.  Nearing 11K.
Coming up on 27, so should be entering his prime.
Given good health, should be on his way to a 20K career.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81