Voting closed: June 01, 2022, 11:20:06 PM

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81

Author Topic: NBA  (Read 64786 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: NBA
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2020, 07:37:53 AM »

We deserved a Game 6 (as did Heat)

Come Sunday I hope they play well enough where I can say they deserve a SEVEN.

What did Heat see - to decide to sit Olynyk?  Some brilliant behind the scenes analysis.  SEVEN man rotation - and using a seldom used prior K Nunn.

RILES!!!!!!!!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2020, 07:39:55 AM »

Meanwhile, what will Vogel do with his Game 6 rotation?  LBJ pointed to the groceries, Palinka acted - but now what's for dinner?

BTW - Jared Dudley is AGHAST at Palinka finishing SEVENTH in exec of the year vote.  I'd agree.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 10, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »

I assume Spo & Co. anticipated LAL playing LeBJ & AD on Butler and that have a wearing effect.  While they also planned to use a short rotation and Butler heavy mins (45 or so, which turned into 47'13").  Figuring that could wear down Butler, they wanted an extra ballhandler shot-creator int here.  Enter Nunn.  He's also an energy guy who can help nullify Rondo, Green, Caruso.  Good call. 
Nunn started most of the year, and is a pretty confident guy.   
And a number of the foul calls against him last game were junk (and two of them wrong).  A ncie know-on effect is that Herro becomes a tertiary ballhandler.  he's good at creating for himself, but not so much for others especially when met at the rim by AD or LBJ.  Nunn more of a genuine PG who can kick in those situations.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 10, 2020, 08:54:57 AM »

"We were very close," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. "I felt two bad calls at the end put Butler to the line, you know, and that's unfortunate in a game of this magnitude."

Of course if Vogel didn't waste his challenge placating LeBJ on a late 1st half charge, he could have used it to challenge one of those late fouls on Butler.  I thought it was a dumb babysit LeCryBaby challenge when it occurred, and told my white cat that he should save it for the end game, where it might be important.  Twas an unsuccessful challenge, but didn't matter even if they won it.  Use the Challenge in a challenging situation.

Not saying either late foul call would have been overturned, but the 2nd one didn't look like much.  And One Challenge is the remedy given for any bad or questionable refereeing you disagree with ...

I think throughout the playoffs, Vogel has been iffy at best on challenges.  I think Doc said he doesn't like the challenge rule, so rarely uses them -- which is dumb.  it's a tool you're given, so learn how to use it, or hand it off to an assistant who works out the nuances.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 10, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »

Every sport benefits from a Game 7. 
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 10, 2020, 03:13:05 PM »

China actually showed G5 of the Finals live, first game they've televised all season.
Not sure why.
They seemed to say that the NBA has buddied up to China enough since Morey's pre-season tweet...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 10, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »

"We were very close," Lakers coach Frank Vogel said. "I felt two bad calls at the end put Butler to the line, you know, and that's unfortunate in a game of this magnitude."

Unlikable

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 10, 2020, 04:29:24 PM »

China actually showed G5 of the Finals live, first game they've televised all season.
Not sure why.
They seemed to say that the NBA has buddied up to China enough since Morey's pre-season tweet...

Trump arranged it

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2020, 04:50:59 PM »

Before or after his manual colonoscopy or whatever other “treatments” he is undergoing?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 10, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »

Unlikable

It's time-tested working the officials. 
It's basically lobbying for more calls next game and showing your players you've got their back.  Pretty standard stuff.
LeBJ or the Lakes will probably pay his upcoming fine.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 10, 2020, 07:25:34 PM »

Unlikable

It's time-tested working the officials.
It's basically lobbying for more calls next game and showing your players you've got their back.  Pretty standard stuff.
LeBJ or the Lakes will probably pay his upcoming fine.

Zen Master 101

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 11, 2020, 03:35:01 AM »

The Last 2 Minute report showed that Morris' foul on Butler with 46.7 seconds remaining was correct because the Lakers forward made contact with Butler's left arm after the Heat star gathered the ball to enter his shooting motion.

As for the call on Davis with 16.8 seconds remaining, the league also labeled it correct, explaining in the L2M that Davis "jumps from point A to point B and initiates body contact with Butler during his driving shot attempt."

So a Vogel challenge likely wouldn't have worked.  But still better to keep the challenge for end game controversy/calls such as those, instead of wasting it in the 1st half to appease LeBJ.

JVG made the case that AD jumped slightly sideways to make contact and didn't go straight up.  I never saw a good replay of the MaMo 2.0 foul, but they're saying he hit Butler on the arm before he got the ball. 

I've had that on the playground, where the main reason a guy blocks your shot is because first he hits your arm, or holds your shoulder or hip down.  I play with one guy who sort of specializes in holding you down with a hand on your shoulder while he blocks you with the other hand.  Sneaky.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 11, 2020, 05:42:47 PM »

Should Anthony Davis be suspended for striking Jae Crowder in the face?

Wow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-davis-suspended-striking-jae-crowder-lakers-heat-nba-finals-214905159.html

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 11, 2020, 05:43:48 PM »

AD starts at center, Game 6

Caruso in, Howard out.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 13, 2020, 12:31:28 PM »

Congratulations to the Lakers

And especially to the league

They did most things right - awarded their member players and their fans an exciting season

Shame they could not stop the riots after the victory.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81