Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
May 27, 2018, 03:44:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which team will win the Eastern Conference?
Boston Celtics
Detroit Pistons
Chicago Bulls
Miami Heat
Cleveland Cavs
Orlando Magic
Washington Wizards
Other

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA  (Read 6388 times)
Admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
NBA
« on: April 15, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

Who will go to the championship this season?
liquidsilver
Superhero Member

Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »

Count me as one Celtic fan that thinks they are severing ties with Telfair prematurely. 

"I hate listening to peoples dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care."
rembee

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

Hey Liquid, stop by the Knicks board which unlike this one isn't a ghost town.  Always looking for a new perspective, and we were talking Telfair yesterday. 

I think you have to respect the Celtics for sticking by their principles, though its true they may not have all the facts in the case just yet.  That said, I wouldn't mind if the Knicks were considering ways to pair him with his cousin in our backcourt.

Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 02:13:40 PM »

Carlisle is gone from INDY!

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 10:47:49 PM »

Miami is toast.  Bye Bye Wade. Sayanora Shaquille.

You know when, like, you're little, your dad, you think he's Superman. Then when you grow up and realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape.
-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 11:46:41 PM »

This is fun to watch!

-Dave Attell
Zupey

Ron
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 08:54:45 AM »

I have similar feeling re artest as I did with Spree. There is something I realy like about redemption (and I'm not a christ follower...) and I think this was ment to be from day one. Spree was transformed in NYC. So will Ronron. BTW- my first post after leaving the NYT.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 05:58:21 AM »

I would take Corey Brewer over the other Gators.  But, what surprises me most is how there are over 300 posts on the pathetic Knicks and only 6 in regard to the NBA playoffs.  I would have thought Golden State giving the Mavericks the boot would have elicited some comments?
solrac

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 11:42:20 AM »

Still learning how to post on this site.  I think this site is a cross-over from the NYT forum.  The Knicks are gonna be the favorites, even though not in the playings.  The most excitement is going on out west (IMHO opinion).  Yea, the Warriors and Jazz is gonna be a battle.  I live in Utah so I've become a real Jazz fan.  Nellie is really good at the Sandbagging, seems I remember Golden State beating the Jazz when Malone and Stockton were startin out!  May have had Nellie as the coach.

I also love that Suns-Spurs battle going on in the southwest, your gotta love a player like Nash, bloody nose and all.  Ha-I remember playing a CYO game as a teenager when I had my nose smacked like that, it was painful and makes one hell of a mess.  Have you noticed when the game is on the line the good ones crank it up a notch and take-over.  Nash did last night as did Lebron against NJ.  I saw none of that with Dirk Nowinski-I like Dirk but where was he against Golden State. 

Hey SGROBIN good thing you're just a casual Sixers fan LOL!!
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:49:15 PM »

-Dave Attell
Kam
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 12:00:24 AM »

GS is a tease.  They signed Derek Fisher to that crazy deal then traded Derek Fisher only to watch him help tear them down.

UTAH in the WCF again?  WOW.

-Dave Attell
chipstern
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 12:38:12 AM »

Chuckle. 

Kirilenko's death widely exaggerated. 

Deron Williams is a MAN. 

Milsap! 

Boozer appears to have recovered from his bad Hammy. 

Utah just wearing them down. 
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 02:38:49 AM »

I like the Mavs but can't stand Cuban.  It seemed that GS simply had Dallas' number, frustrating Nowitzki and co. to no end.  I do think that Avery overcoaches as someone noted in the Knicks forum.  He's got these guys wound up tighter than a drum and they seem to implode in crucial situations.  Nowitzki showed that he could come through in the clutch in game five but was a no show in game six, so I don't really know what his problem is, other than he can't handle the level of expectations placed on him.  Maybe Cuban needs to invest in another go-to player to relieve some of the pressure placed on him.
bodiddley
Superhero Member

Bring it to Jerome

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 06:34:09 AM »

Hey no problem, post here about the playoffs, and others will join in.
It's just that the NBA forum has been a void, so the Knicks regulars have been chatting playoffs in Knicksforumland.
I think most would prefer to keep the Knicks forum mostly Knick related and have most of the general NBA chatter over here.

I do think Utah has been underrated all year.  A good solid team.  And with some nice youth.  Obviously Deron is a serious baller, but CJMiles, Brewer, and Millsap (a 2nd round pick) could have nice futures (and/or could be good trade chips).

Rockets have been overrated because they have 2 big names.  TMac played well in theplayoffs, but really needs to improve his shot selection.  A guy with his ability and he shot something like 43% for the year.  Rockets have many holes, especially PG and PF.

I'm still calling it as Suns v. Detroit, my pre-season pick.  Bulls blew it by losing their last game and missing out on the higher seeding.  No way can they beat Miami-Detroit-Cavs-Western foe.  Extremely tough road.  Look at the cakewalk the Cavs are getting.  Anyway, pretty good playoffs so far.
steve_hamilton

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 03:41:05 AM »

Still learning how to post on this site.  I think this site is a cross-over from the NYT forum.  The Knicks are gonna be the favorites, even though not in the playings.  The most excitement is going on out west (IMHO opinion).  Yea, the Warriors and Jazz is gonna be a battle.  I live in Utah so I've become a real Jazz fan.  Nellie is really good at the Sandbagging, seems I remember Golden State beating the Jazz when Malone and Stockton were startin out!  May have had Nellie as the coach.

I also love that Suns-Spurs battle going on in the southwest, your gotta love a player like Nash, bloody nose and all.  Ha-I remember playing a CYO game as a teenager when I had my nose smacked like that, it was painful and makes one hell of a mess.  Have you noticed when the game is on the line the good ones crank it up a notch and take-over.  Nash did last night as did Lebron against NJ.  I saw none of that with Dirk Nowinski-I like Dirk but where was he against Golden State. 

Hey SGROBIN good thing you're just a casual Sixers fan LOL!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: