Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
December 17, 2017, 06:39:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  
Author Topic: Science and Religion  (Read 3424 times)
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: November 15, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »

I just did my routine of riding my bicycle through the park to get a Super Star burger at Carl's Jr, and while I was eating I noticed a pretty lady with a guitar who had just received her food at a table near me, and I noticed that she bowed her head and prayed before eating. Then she walked over to my table and kindly asked me if I would answer some questions for a random survey that she was doing for a class at a Christian college.

As she got out her notepad with the questions for the survey on it, I noticed that she was a classic beauty like Audrey Hepburn, and like Natalie Wood. She had dark brown hair, and big brown eyes. She was very nervous, and her hands shook a little as she opened the file on her notepad, and her voice shook a little as she began asking questions.

It was all unrehearsed and unplanned, so I was not sure what I was going to say, so I just tried my best to be honest with her. She asked what God was all about, and I told her that God was all about love. And she asked how I should behave as a Christian, and I told her that I try to show love for my neighbors, and for other people, I told her that God is all about love. I could have told her about Matthew 25; 31-46, and about the Ten Commandments, but if you show love for other people then you will obey all of the commandments, etc. In the New Testament Jesus tells us that all of the laws of God are summed up in the commandment to love other people.

And I told her about the miracle which God gave me when he healed my back and neck after an automobile accident, and took away my pain after two years, while I was on my knees praying. I told her that without God I might have committed suicide, but I kept my faith and I prayed, and God gave me a miracle and God healed me.

She then asked what is the best way for Christians to spread the word of God, and I told her by loving our neighbors. If we are showing love and if we are helping everyone, and if we live by example, then we will win people over for God. I told her that the world would be a lot better if everyone was Christian and if we were all out there showing love for other people. It would be great if everyone loved each other.

I told her about my buddy Chris who used to drive around in a van with a female social worker picking up homeless people and taking them to the shelters and helping them. And I told her about my buddy Tom who would buy sixteen ribeye steaks for the homeless people in the shelter that he managed on a holiday with his own money. And I told her that both of those guys are in Heaven now, and that I will see them again when I get to Heaven. Those guys were good Christians who showed by example on how to be a good Christian.

Then, she invited me to go to church at the Calvary Chapel open door church on Harbor Blvd. It is close to my apartment, and maybe I will go check the church out.

So, anyhow, instead of eating by myself, I had lunch and was able to spend time with a beautiful young Christian woman talking about God. Her name is "Anna" and maybe I will see her at Church on Sunday if I go. She also said that they have service on Thursday night. We will see. I love God, and it would be nice to go to Church. God might have sent a beautiful young woman to get me back into the habit of attending Church on Sunday, and no matter where I am there is usually a church close by.

May God bless us all!

Salute,

Tony V.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:35:18 PM by FlyingVProd » Logged
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: November 16, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »

Pope Francis got a Lamborghini, and he's auctioning it for charity

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-got-a-lamborghini-and-hes-raffling-it-for-charity-62708?platform=hootsuite

-----

Salute,

Tony V.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

God is real, and miracles happen for those who believe...

I was left with chronic back and neck pain as a result of an automobile accident. I was in horrible pain for two years. The pain pills did not even help, and I did not want to get addicted to pain pills. Four doctors said that there was nothing that they could do, and they just told me not to lift over ten pounds. Then, one night while I was on my knees praying, I felt fire run down my spine and the pain went away. God took away my pain. God gave me a miracle. And to this day I am pain-free.

And of note, my father died when I was a child, when I was 9 years old, just before my tenth birthday. My grandfather also died young, and his sons grew up without a dad, and my uncles used drugs, and they spent their whole lives in prison, those were my role models. I was high risk to end up as a drug addict, and I was high risk to end up in prison. But, I am a Christian, and my Christian faith saved me. I worked honest jobs, and I stayed away from drugs, and I looked for good Christian role models. And I never became addicted to drugs, and I never went to prison. Later, my brother married Roy Rogers and Dale Evans' granddaughter, and I looked to Roy as a role model, and I went to college, and to acting school, to be an actor, although I never made it very far. Anyhow, I was high risk for drugs and crime, and because of my Christian faith I stayed away from drugs and crime. And when I did not have a Dad to talk to, I prayed to God.

The enemy is strong, and I was homeless out on the streets for two years after college, and after acting school, but I kept my faith in God, and I continued to pray, and God has been with me. I am not bitter and hateful. I still have love in my heart.

Later I suffered from a nervous breakdown, and from extreme exhaustion, and I had to spend a month in the hospital, and I came out of the hospital homeless. And I was diagnosed with PTSD. But, God took care of me, and God led me to good Christian people who helped me.

Years later I was told that my blood tests were saying that I had Cancer. My doctor even had a talk with me about dying, and he told me to get my affairs in order. Then, after 18 month of testing, they could never find Cancer, and then my blood tests started saying that I am healthy. I pray often, and God hears my prayers.

Maybe my life has not been so great, so far, but God has walked with me, and God will continue to walk with me.

I do not know what I would have done without having God in my life.

Here is a thread that I started on Topix pertaining to God, and pertaining to miracles which God has given me, and there is also a link for a video that I made...

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TBIBCTH9AUKJLF1OV

Salute,

Tony V.

Proof?

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2017, 03:23:22 PM »

I was left with chronic back and neck pain as a result of an automobile accident. I was in horrible pain for two years. The pain pills did not even help, and I did not want to get addicted to pain pills. Four doctors said that there was nothing that they could do, and they just told me not to lift over ten pounds. Then, one night while I was on my knees praying, I felt fire run down my spine and the pain went away. God took away my pain. God gave me a miracle. And to this day I am pain-free.

And of note, my father died when I was a child, when I was 9 years old, just before my tenth birthday. My grandfather also died young, and his sons grew up without a dad, and my uncles used drugs, and they spent their whole lives in prison, those were my role models. I was high risk to end up as a drug addict, and I was high risk to end up in prison. But, I am a Christian, and my Christian faith saved me. I worked honest jobs, and I stayed away from drugs, and I looked for good Christian role models. And I never became addicted to drugs, and I never went to prison. Later, my brother married Roy Rogers and Dale Evans' granddaughter, and I looked to Roy as a role model, and I went to college, and to acting school, to be an actor, although I never made it very far. Anyhow, I was high risk for drugs and crime, and because of my Christian faith I stayed away from drugs and crime. And when I did not have a Dad to talk to, I prayed to God.

The enemy is strong, and I was homeless out on the streets for two years after college, and after acting school, but I kept my faith in God, and I continued to pray, and God has been with me. I am not bitter and hateful. I still have love in my heart.

Later I suffered from a nervous breakdown, and from extreme exhaustion, and I had to spend a month in the hospital, and I came out of the hospital homeless. And I was diagnosed with PTSD. But, God took care of me, and God led me to good Christian people who helped me.

Years later I was told that my blood tests were saying that I had Cancer. My doctor even had a talk with me about dying, and he told me to get my affairs in order. Then, after 18 month of testing, they could never find Cancer, and then my blood tests started saying that I am healthy. I pray often, and God hears my prayers.

Maybe my life has not been so great, so far, but God has walked with me, and God will continue to walk with me.

Here is a thread that I started on Topix pertaining to God, and pertaining to miracles which God has given me, and there is also a link for a video that I made...

Salute,

Tony V.

Proof?

I have my word, and I can pass a lie detector test. There is also the fact that I am not on pain pills, and I am not in pain. And somewhere in a box I think that I still have my MRI images of my spine after the automobile accident which show three ruptured discs, according to those MRI images I should be in pain, but I am no longer in pain thanks to the miracle which God gave me while I was on my knees praying, and I could get some new MRI images of my spine which might show that the ruptured discs are healed, God may have healed them, I am no longer in pain. God is awesome.

Salute,

Tony V.
FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »

Well, I went to a new Church this morning, the one that a lady whom I met at Carl's Jr invited me to go to, and it was nice. The lady was happy that I showed up, and she gave me a big hug.

The Church is close to my apartment, so I just walked to Church. It is a beautiful day, and it is a nice day for walking, and I walked through the park, and I watched the dogs play at the dog park. It only took me about twenty minutes to get to the Church, and I got there early enough to drink coffee and meet the people at the Church. Some of the people there are very funny, and the atmosphere in the coffee room was very light-hearted. I met so many people that I will never be able to remember the names, but I will get to know their names more as I attend the Church more and get to know everyone.

The preacher, Don, preached about being strong in Christ so that we can withstand temptation. He preached about Satan making all of these false promises, and that we need to be strong in Christ so that we can resist the lies of the enemy, and so that we can have eternal life. And he said that as we resist temptation then we get stronger, and it gives us more faith that we can resist temptation. And he said that being a Christian has to be a natural reflex. It was a nice sermon. And the Church had a great band.

The Church also has outreach to the homeless people, which I like, and they feed the homeless people on Saturday morning, and at other times. We also prayed for God to help the homeless people.

The lady who invited me was really happy that I showed up, and I met a lot of new people whom I will get to know better as I attend more. The preacher seems pretty good, and I liked his sermon. And it is a humble Church which reaches out to the homeless people, it is really a down to earth Church. I enjoyed attending Church this morning, and I will continue to go. And wherever I am at, I need to attend Church, and this Church is a short walk away. I am glad that the lady invited me.

May God bless us all!

Salute,

Tony V.
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: November 20, 2017, 07:22:25 AM »

Salute,

Tony V.

Proof?

I have my word, and I can pass a lie detector test. There is also the fact that I am not on pain pills, and I am not in pain. And somewhere in a box I think that I still have my MRI images of my spine after the automobile accident which show three ruptured discs, according to those MRI images I should be in pain, but I am no longer in pain thanks to the miracle which God gave me while I was on my knees praying, and I could get some new MRI images of my spine which might show that the ruptured discs are healed, God may have healed them, I am no longer in pain. God is awesome.

Salute,

Tony V.

I'm not doubting you believe what you believe. But you are assigning your healing to an invisible being. It is far, far, far, far more likely that your discs healed on their own---with time, as they so often do, naturally.

There is scientific research, however, that says that those who have a strong faith tend to heal faster, but that is not proof of a celestial being guiding one's existence.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »

BTW, Tony, I'm happy that you're so happy.

FlyingVProd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2017, 02:06:27 PM »

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

-----------

And this is important for filmmakers.

May God bless us all!

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  

Jump to: