Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756850 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10005 on: June 19, 2021, 02:50:26 AM »

Poor Joe. 
Now he is catching flak from Obama’s Ethics Czar;

Walter Shaub, the director of the United States Office of Government Ethics under President Obama, said the Biden administration is sending a "fuck you" to ethics experts by hiring so many relatives of senior White House officials.

I'm sorry, I know some folks don't like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I'm disgusted," Shaub wrote in a Twitter thread Friday, reacting to an article about the family ties of Biden officials.

EVEN THE FUCKING HEAD OF PRESIDENTIAL PERSONNEL, WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE KEEPING THEM HONEST, HAS A CHILD WHO'S A RECENT COLLEGE GRAD WORKING IN THE ADMINISTRATION. AND THE SPOUSE OF THE WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD," Shaub added.

And I don't love having a milk lobbyist running USDA or a ‘strategic advisor’ (i.e., shadow lobbyist) running the State Department," Shaub continued. "Or the brother of Biden's top WH advisor lobbying the Executive Office of the President through a firm the Biden appointee founded."

Biden is A FUCKING FAILURE!

Gee Walter, remember Biden’s hires are diverse, though.
Yeah I recall how upset you were about Drumpf hiring his daughter and son in law, your obections to industry lobbyists running literally every governmental ave cy, and all the times you agreed with Shaub's numerous and frequent complaints about the Drumpf Administration ethics lapses.

We should definitely be.examining all claimed conflicts of interest and potential nepotism. Though of course the simple fact of a relation does not preclude employment.
So what’s your point, if any?
That your faux outrage is faux.
A parrot bit me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: June 19, 2021, 06:33:04 AM »

Luee is racist. Anchor babies are the engine of the economy. They’ve already replaced you in the active duty ranks.

Adapt to the century you’ve already spent two decades in, for Christ’s sake, like the vast majority of your veteran brethren already have.

If you don't agree with me you are a racist?

---And while majorities of Democrats believe speaking English and sharing U.S. customs and traditions are important for being truly American (65% and 59%, respectively), these shares have also seen a marked decrease since 2016 (from 87% and 79%, respectively).---

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/05/25/in-both-parties-fewer-now-say-being-christian-or-being-born-in-u-s-is-important-to-being-truly-american/

No you are still in the minority. Not quite in the loony fringe anymore just an anti-Trump reactionary. You can't possibly believe the immigration crisis is helpful.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: June 19, 2021, 07:17:59 AM »

You’re right: “disagreement”  doesn’t make one a racist. Being racist makes one a racist.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: June 19, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »

Happy Paul McCartney Day, everyone.

Are we allowed to celebrate Sir Paul? He may not have given enough credit to black music that he culturally appropriated.

The amount of racial resentment you harbor is disturbing.

The amount of racial resentment you use to define yourself and to inform your every thought keeps you from recognizing your own biases.

Bigot.

“... of racial resentment you use to define yourself and to inform your every thought ....”

I’m a black man in America and if you think you know what that’s like you are wrong.

Ive lived the way I had to and in the end I held onto my self respect without going mad and/or smacking the shit out of those who thoroughly deserved it..

What’s your rationale?

Naaahh. You're just a narcissist.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: June 19, 2021, 09:28:43 AM »

Happy Paul McCartney Day, everyone.

Are we allowed to celebrate Sir Paul? He may not have given enough credit to black music that he culturally appropriated.

The amount of racial resentment you harbor is disturbing.

The amount of racial resentment you use to define yourself and to inform your every thought keeps you from recognizing your own biases.

Bigot.

Hahahaha!

"I know you are, but what am I?!" says Ham, retreating to Ward's behavior.

And the first CoWpoke rides in on his pony.

Do you ever let Larry defend his own statements? Or is that part of his contract with you?

What you posted is stupid. You know it’s stupid.

No, it's pretty real. They smile in your face and tell you they're on your side, but if they really respected you, they'd let you fight your own battles.

They don't.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: June 19, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: June 19, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »

Rumor is this might become the official candy of Juneteenth.

Holly Martins

« Reply #10012 on: June 19, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »

There is really no content worth anyone's time in its posts,  so putting it on Ignore was an easy choice.   The value of the Iggy function is not so much ignoring posts (I already do that),  but keeping annoying graphics from catching the eye.   And speeds up scrolling down page,  on a tablet or phone.   Anyway,  to sum up the Iggy philosophy:  the best way to suffocate a troll is to deprive it of oxygen.   Attention = oxygen.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: June 19, 2021, 10:34:30 AM »

Happy Juneteenth to those celebrating.

I think we as Americans all should, as it seems a country founded on the the idea of freedom and who has fought wars to maintain that freedom, would celebrate freedom for all its people.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: June 19, 2021, 11:15:00 AM »

There is really no content worth anyone's time in its posts,  so putting it on Ignore was an easy choice.   The value of the Iggy function is not so much ignoring posts (I already do that),  but keeping annoying graphics from catching the eye.   And speeds up scrolling down page,  on a tablet or phone.   Anyway,  to sum up the Iggy philosophy:  the best way to suffocate a troll is to deprive it of oxygen.   Attention = oxygen.

Is that what happened to you? Deprived of oxygen you lost your sense of humor and gave up any semblance of independent thought?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: June 19, 2021, 11:17:18 AM »

Happy Juneteenth to those celebrating.

I think we as Americans all should, as it seems a country founded on the the idea of freedom and who has fought wars to maintain that freedom, would celebrate freedom for all its people.

We already have a holiday for that. Every Fourth of July.

Guess that wasn't good enough for some Americans.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: June 19, 2021, 11:33:39 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/charges-dropped-hundreds-alleged-looters-004917046.html

In late May and early June 2020, looters smashed storefronts in the Bronx and Manhattan boroughs of New York City.

Many were caught on tape, some with their faces visible. Others even posted their own videos of their actions those nights on social media. Hundreds were arrested.

But a review of NYPD data by the investigative team at WNBC, the NBC owned station in New York, shows that a large percentage of the cases — particularly in the Bronx — were dismissed, and that many convictions were for counts like trespassing that carry no jail time.

Jonathan Dienst and Courtney Copenhagen
Fri, June 18, 2021, 8:49 PM
In late May and early June 2020, looters smashed storefronts in the Bronx and Manhattan boroughs of New York City.

Many were caught on tape, some with their faces visible. Others even posted their own videos of their actions those nights on social media. Hundreds were arrested.

But a review of NYPD data by the investigative team at WNBC, the NBC owned station in New York, shows that a large percentage of the cases — particularly in the Bronx — were dismissed, and that many convictions were for counts like trespassing that carry no jail time.

"I was in total shock that everything is being brushed off to the side," said Jessica Betancourt, who owns an eyeglass shop that was looted and destroyed along Burnside Avenue in the Bronx last June.

According to the data, 118 arrests were made in the Bronx during the worst of the looting in early June.

Since then, the NYPD says the Bronx district attorney and the courts have dismissed most of those cases — 73 in all. Eighteen cases remain open and there have been 19 convictions for mostly lesser counts like trespassing, counts which carry no jail time.

Betancourt, who is also vice president of a local merchants 'association, called the numbers "disgusting." She said local business leaders are upset few are being held accountable for the destruction they caused.

In Manhattan, much of the looting occurred in the upscale neighborhood of Soho. Amid the Covid pandemic, mobs and organized criminals were taking advantage of huge protests in the city after the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd.

The NYPD data shows there were 485 arrests in Manhattan. Of those cases, 222 were later dropped and 73 resulted in convictions for lesser counts like trespassing, which carries no jail time. Another 40 cases involved juveniles and were sent to family court; 128 cases remain open.

Maybe they'll build a statue to the looters, honoring George Floyd.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: June 19, 2021, 11:40:29 AM »

Maybe that's why they sometimes call him Uncle Joe.

Former Obama-era Office of Government Ethics chief Walter Shaub called the Biden administration’s hiring of multiple relatives of senior staffers a disgraceful repudiation to the mission of restoring ethics in government.

“I’m sorry, I know some folks don’t like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I’m disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real ‘f*** you’ to us—and government ethics,” Shaub wrote on Twitter.

His disappointment stems from the fact that President Biden swore a commitment to keeping family members out of political offices so as to avoid the nepotism and cronyism accused of his predecessor.

Biden told People magazine in January, “No one in our family and extended family is going to be involved in any government undertaking or foreign policy. And nobody has an office in this place.”

While new administration employees may not stem directly from the Biden family tree, some had the privilege of being part of a familial network that may have provided their applications a leg up on other candidates, despite their credentials and qualifications.

“While it may not be as bad as appointing your son or daughter to a top government post as Trump did with Jared and Ivanka, it is still bad,” Shaub told The Washington Post. “‘Not as bad as Trump’ cannot be the new standard.”

At least five children of Biden’s top officials were offered and now occupy important positions in his administration, including two sons and a daughter of the White House counselor, the daughter of a deputy White House chief of staff, and the daughter of the director of presidential personnel.

https://news.yahoo.com/former-obama-ethics-chief-says-205138291.html

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: June 19, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »

GOPravda is on the job:

Fox News on numerous occasions has reportedly conducted interviews with "everyday" parents or educators opposed to "critical race theory" — who also happened to be Republican activists.

Almost a dozen guests the network has talked to about their opposition to teaching "critical race theory" in schools "also have day jobs as Republican strategists, conservative think-tankers, or right-wing media personalities," the progressive watchdog Media Matters for America reported Thursday. Fox reportedly either downplayed or ignored this fact during several segments.

In one example, the report found that Fox interviewed Ian Prior at least 15 times on the air, describing him as a Virginia "father" who has "gone from concerned parent" to "legal activist," while not tending to mention his "long career as a Republican political operative," Media Matters writes. In another example, Fox interviewed Quisha King and identified her as an "everyday American" and a "Florida mom" when she is also a Republican strategist and worked for the Republican National Committee in 2020. The network did, however, mention that she was affiliated with the group Moms for Liberty in a segment.

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-reportedly-presented-gop-173138069.html

Activists are parents, too!

Heh

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: June 19, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »

No oxygen is good,  but sometimes you mount the insect on a pin,  thinking it's dead,  and then its mandibles are still clicking and its legs wiggling.  Which is kind of frowned upon,  in entomology exhibits.   So it's best to put it in a jar with a cotton ball soaked in dry cleaning fluid for about an hour.   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 2927