Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755888 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10305 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:31 PM »

Speaker Pelosi announces select 1/6 Insurrection

And the 9th circuit upholds CA’s assault weapons ban. Not a Swiss Army knife after all.

We’ll all have a chance to be thankful for the end of the filibuster by that November national holiday with the very gay football games on TV.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10306 on: June 22, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »

And the 9th circuit upholds CA’s assault weapons ban. Not a Swiss Army knife after all.

We’ll all have a chance to be thankful for the end of the filibuster by that November national holiday with the very gay football games on TV.

The upside to the moderates piddling away time and energy is the GOP has once again loudly declared they ain’t agreeing to shit no way no how.

Democracy has one foot in autocracy and the other on s banana peel.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #10307 on: June 22, 2021, 07:43:42 PM »

Republican legislators have erased any daylight between themselves and insurrectionist terrorists....

Those aren’t people you can make deals with. Until you have broken every bone in their body you shouldn’t even try. If you are squeamish about smashing up so many bones, hack their limbs off.

I'm just going to say that this does strike me as overheated rhetoric.   When every metaphor used is physically violent,  then it can undermine your point when you are directing it against violence.

While I believe many many issues and disputes are best settled non violently, I don’t by any means hold this true in all cases.

Unless we convince several tens of thousands of alabastard jihadis, not the most hardcore, but the next most, those who can still be convinced of anything, that the kind of bullshit they’ve been playing since 2016 2008 comes with a very personal and non-recoverable cost to be applied retroactively, they will only continue to escalate on every front as we see them doing now.

Since these are among the most selfish and self-entitled pricks ever in human history, rivaling the Han, Brahmin, and even the fucking Vickis, the collective punishment they are doling out to the nation, the economy, the rule of law, and even to their own children doesn’t give them a moment of pause. We’ve got to make a great many of them hurt in ways they will complain about to anyone that will listen for the rest of their lives.

If physical violence is verboten across the board in your ethical universe, to get a reasonably equivalent level of deterrence, remove them from every public office and benefit, suspend all their licenses, professional, driving, hunting, fishing, boating, flying, and record all their phone calls, digital communications, and internet use and publish it all in an open searchable public database for the rest of their lives. Also make them wear ankle monitors and take weekly piss tests for their remaining time on earth to ensure the pose no further threat to the public. They can retain their right to vote through all this. We are a democracy after all, and will remain so if we fight smart and hard to keep our way of life. 

Just because their German sucks, doesn’t mean these aren’t still Nazis, not that their English is that much better than their German.

One caveat:  if you take away driving,  fishing and boating licenses, you have bored and drunken men, with guns.   

Cheers.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10308 on: June 22, 2021, 07:57:55 PM »

One caveat:  if you take away driving,  fishing and boating licenses, you have bored and drunken men, with guns.   

Cheers.

On the bright side since they’ll be bored and drunk they won’t walk much fitter than the back to shoot st the empty bottles...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #10309 on: June 22, 2021, 08:07:24 PM »

Interestingly, one of Racist's links led me to this story, which was not posted by all those like Red who went into a hissy fit over a teacher getting suspended for announcing his intention to violate school policy on transgender students, and all those who bemoan cancal culture somehow shutting down debate:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2021/06/11/florida-education-board-strict-guidelines-us-history-critical-race-theory/7652613002/?itm_source=AMP&itm_medium=UpNext

I try to avoid flat dismissive statements that end all further thought,  but... DeSantis is a fucking imbecile.   

With enough animal cunning to make something that's a nonexistent issue into something that provides the illusion of being a real issue.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: June 22, 2021, 08:20:31 PM »

Republican legislators have erased any daylight between themselves and insurrectionist terrorists....

Those aren’t people you can make deals with. Until you have broken every bone in their body you shouldn’t even try. If you are squeamish about smashing up so many bones, hack their limbs off.

I'm just going to say that this does strike me as overheated rhetoric.   When every metaphor used is physically violent,  then it can undermine your point when you are directing it against violence.

While I believe many many issues and disputes are best settled non violently, I don’t by any means hold this true in all cases.

Unless we convince several tens of thousands of alabastard jihadis, not the most hardcore, but the next most, those who can still be convinced of anything, that the kind of bullshit they’ve been playing since 2016 2008 comes with a very personal and non-recoverable cost to be applied retroactively, they will only continue to escalate on every front as we see them doing now.

Since these are among the most selfish and self-entitled pricks ever in human history, rivaling the Han, Brahmin, and even the fucking Vickis, the collective punishment they are doling out to the nation, the economy, the rule of law, and even to their own children doesn’t give them a moment of pause. We’ve got to make a great many of them hurt in ways they will complain about to anyone that will listen for the rest of their lives.

If physical violence is verboten across the board in your ethical universe, to get a reasonably equivalent level of deterrence, remove them from every public office and benefit, suspend all their licenses, professional, driving, hunting, fishing, boating, flying, and record all their phone calls, digital communications, and internet use and publish it all in an open searchable public database for the rest of their lives. Also make them wear ankle monitors and take weekly piss tests for their remaining time on earth to ensure the pose no further threat to the public. They can retain their right to vote through all this. We are a democracy after all, and will remain so if we fight smart and hard to keep our way of life. 

Just because their German sucks, doesn’t mean these aren’t still Nazis, not that their English is that much better than their German.

Cheers.

By all means, take their fucking guns. Cops are well trained to respond to armed suspects who are prone to lose their shit. Let the insurrectionists know, “you keep your guns, you take your chances.” We could repurpose the drones we’re bringing home from Afghanistan to help collect illicit firearms. The danger some of the mouth breathers will get upset and revolt is mitigated by the fact that they have and they are. Most believe this is happening already thanks to George Soros and 5G. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: June 22, 2021, 08:26:14 PM »

C'mon. Joe - wake up, get er done...

"I think the difference between this negotiation and the earlier negotiation is we're willing to add more money to infrastructure in this package, and I am hopeful that if the White House and Joe Biden stay involved we can get there," Graham told "Fox News Sunday." "I would just say this. President Biden if you want an infrastructure bill of a trillion dollars, it is there for the taking. You just need to get involved and lead."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/20/politics/infrastructure-bernie-sanders-cnntv/index.html
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: June 22, 2021, 08:46:37 PM »

I keep waiting for someone to tell me,
"Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up."

Would they hire me to pick fruit if I applied?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: June 22, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »

The GOP States are passing suppression laws based on a BIG FUCKING LIE.

We do not call them that

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: June 22, 2021, 08:51:14 PM »

Those knives are banned in bambuworld.
Even the little blade in the Swiss Army Card...said blade about one inch long...is banned.
Good for opening candy packets, opening letters, cutting a loose thread off clothing etc.
The chance of bambu ever becoming "MacGyver"...zero.
Not allowed to carry a gun, blade of any description, iron bar, whip, speargun, baseball bat.
No affordable big American trucks, with big American wheels/tyres, and big American side mirrors.
About the only thing Aussie men, except the crocodile-wranglers, and big and muscular tradie types...can do to try to appear macho is name their Chihuahuas "Rambo".
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 08:54:09 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: June 22, 2021, 08:57:25 PM »

I keep waiting for someone to tell me,
"Yeah, I was a fruit picker until those illegals showed up."

Would they hire me to pick fruit if I applied?

One way to find out.

You wouldn’t last a week or make a single quota.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: June 22, 2021, 08:59:54 PM »

Those knives are banned in bambuworld.
Even the little blade in the Swiss Army Card...said blade about one inch long...is banned.
Good for opening candy packets, opening letters, cutting a loose thread off clothing etc.
The chance of bambu ever becoming "MacGyver"...zero.
Not allowed to carry a gun, blade of any description, iron bar, whip, speargun, baseball bat.
No affordable big American trucks, with big American wheels/tyres, and big American side mirrors.
About the only thing Aussie men, except the crocodile-wranglers, and big and muscular tradie types...can do to try to appear macho is name their Chihuahuas "Rambo".

The assless chaps make you seem plenty macho. You just need the courage to wear them out of the house.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: June 22, 2021, 09:02:19 PM »

The GOP States are passing suppression laws based on a BIG FUCKING LIE.

We ido not call them that

The states under control if a white Christian nationalist Putin backed party are passing suppression laws based on a BIG FUCKING LIE.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 2926