Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756497 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10560 on: June 24, 2021, 11:44:59 PM »

90%, wow. Then their Grandchildren end up on welfare. 

And we talk about building generational wealth, how was the Rogers family ever supposed to build generational wealth?

It is sad. 

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: June 25, 2021, 12:06:50 AM »

It's funny that after 4 years of Trump and decades of McConnell and a little while of McCarthy, Ward is suddenly up in arms about lies.
What “ lies”?
It’s Biden’s truths that are despicable. And fatal to our economy.

You stupid fucking nonce. Has Syphilis made you forget 4 years of republican control actually destroyed jobs in an absolute sense? Evaporated trillions in real value from the economy? Extinguished hundreds of thousands of American lives?

You are a bulbous cancerous pustule spreading your fatal infection as far and wide as you can.

But don’t worry. Joe has a plan to take care of you as you clearly can’t be trusted to take care of yourself.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: June 25, 2021, 02:30:23 AM »

90%, wow. Then their Grandchildren end up on welfare.

And we talk about building generational wealth, how was the Rogers family ever supposed to build generational wealth?

It is sad.

What's sad is your inability to understand concepts like "top marginal tax rate," Tony.

From 1951 to 1963, the top rate was either 91% or 92%:
The top marginal tax rate in 1960 was 91%, which applied to income over $200,000 (for single filers) or $400,000 (for married filers) – thresholds which correspond to approximately $1.5 million and $3 million, respectively, in today's dollars. Approximately 0.00235% of households had income taxed at the top rate.

A taxpayer at the very bottom of the top 1% (in other words, one who is right on the boundary between the 98th and 99th percentiles) had a nominal income of $24,435, or about $190,000 in today’s dollars. (In 2008, this figure was nominally $380,354, or $400,000 in current dollars.)

In other words, that tax rate didn't kick in until you made over $200,000 (or for Roy and Dale, $400,000) and only applied to each dollar after that. The original amount was taxed at a lower rate.

Are you telling me that if you, Tony, made $1.5 million, that you could not "build wealth" if the next million you made were taxed at 91%?

Our millionaires were not suffering, Tony. Nor was Roy Rogers, whose estate was worth the equivalent of $150,000,000 in today's money when he died.

If their grandchildren ended up on welfare, it is not because of a failure to build wealth during Rogers' lifetime!

But I'd love to see evidence that that happened. It's possible, but I'm skeptical that it happened to all of them - and there were a lot!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: June 25, 2021, 02:49:09 AM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2021/06/24/statements-of-offense-doj-is-not-telling-stories/

OAN says hang em all. Fortunately for them, OAN is not a legitimate source of news.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 02:56:00 AM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10565 on: June 25, 2021, 05:43:02 AM »

Building collapse in Florida, shown on my tv news again tonite.
Video of the collapse shown.
Video of victims' relatives.
horrible situation.
"The building was constructed on reclaimed swamp land, and had been sinking at the rate of ........ a ...." think I heard said.
If true...charming!
Building high rise on reclaimed swamp land?   not what I'd be allowing.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #10566 on: June 25, 2021, 05:48:45 AM »

3 cheers for the Governor of Florida!

HOORAY!
HOORAY!
HOORAY!

He's making his schools teach students about:
"The evils of communism"!

The Right is fighting back!
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: June 25, 2021, 08:11:21 AM »

Chauivin (sentencing scheduled for tomorrow) will likely get more years in prison than this traitor: A female linguist who worked for the Pentagon in Iraq was sentenced to 23 years behind bars for giving classified information to a Hezbollah-tied foreign national.

Mariam Taha Thompson was charged in May 2020 in federal court with “transmitting highly sensitive classified national defense information to a foreign national," who she believed would provide the information to Lebanese-based Hezbollah, a foreign terrorist organization tied to Iran.

Court records show Thompson signed an extensive statement of facts in late January admitting to the covert plot, and she pleaded guilty in March. Thompson faced a maximum sentence of up to life imprisonment.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-linguist-passed-secrets-hezbollah-231600832.html

I would hope so considering he was convicted of murder...

Second degree murder of a convicted felon vs treason to the USA?

Sorry, to me the traitor's offenses are much worse. Who knows how many lives were jeopardized or lost based on her actions?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: June 25, 2021, 08:14:56 AM »

Community police relations didn’t break down in Rock Hill, SC last night.

The arrest video was a spark for the events on Wednesday. Decades of racist policing in Rock Hill laid the pyre it set off.

It’s something an ignorant fuck like Ham will have a hard time processing.

And there was no bad arrest in this case, the perpetrators wanted to fight, they lost the fight. But a committed leftist like you has never had to grapple with anything more than your little red book.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: June 25, 2021, 08:16:10 AM »

FRANCE 24 English

9 hours  ·

When Catholic bishops in the #US voted last week to go forward with a measure that could limit the right of some politicians to receive the Eucharist, or Communion, the move highlighted both the continuing politicisation of religion in America and a widening divide within the Catholic Church at large.

-----------

I agree with the Catholic Church, if Biden supports abortion then he is not a Christian, and he should not be allowed to have communion. You cannot pretend to be a Christian while you support abortion.

Salute,

Tony V.
Have you informed the Christian churches that disagree with you?

Tony wants Britney the right to control her life, her ability to pick a life partner, her money.

But seems ok that a priest owns her vagina.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10570 on: June 25, 2021, 08:21:53 AM »

Are you telling me that if you, Tony, made $1.5 million, that you could not "build wealth" if the next million you made were taxed at 91%?

Are you saying that because a person worked hard to earn that money that it's yours or the government's to take?

What is that? A success tax?

And do you think that is "fair"?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: June 25, 2021, 08:36:20 AM »

Cool stuff from Politico Playbook

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/06/25/graham-biden-made-gop-look-like-fing-idiots-493371

PLAYBOOK INTERVIEW: GRAHAM IS OUT — We caught up with Sen. LINDSEY GRAHAM (R-S.C.) on Thursday night as he was boarding a plane to California. Graham, you may remember, is one of the 11 Republicans who signed onto the original bipartisan infrastructure framework, which seemed to prove that there were enough Republicans to overcome a filibuster.

Notably, there were only five of those Republicans at the White House on Thursday. This deal is dead without at least five more.

After hearing what Biden said about linking the small bipartisan bill to the big reconciliation bill, Graham told us … he’s out.

“If he’s gonna tie them together, he can forget it!” Graham said. “I’m not doing that. That’s extortion! I’m not going to do that. The Dems are being told you can’t get your bipartisan work product passed unless you sign on to what the left wants, and I’m not playing that game.”

Graham said the five Republicans negotiating the deal never told him about the linkage strategy and he does not believe that they were aware of it. “Most Republicans could not have known that,” he said. “There's no way. You look like a fucking idiot now.” He added, “I don’t mind bipartisanship, but I’m not going to do a suicide mission.”

Graham often changes his mind, so Republicans close to the negotiations may take his comments with a grain of salt. But at the same time, Republicans who want this deal to happen believe Biden created a massive problem that could put the entire deal in jeopardy.

“The president’s comments did real damage here,” said a senior GOP aide. “It is astonishing that he could endorse this bipartisan framework in one breath and then announce he will hold it hostage in the next.”

MCCONNELL CONCURS: Minority Leader MITCH MCCONNELL made the same point on the Senate floor, accusing Democratic leaders of “pulling the rug out from under their bipartisan negotiators” with the new interconnected strategy.

DON’T MISS: Burgess Everett and Marianne LeVine have a good tick-tock on how the group of 20 centrist Democrats and Republicans defied expectations and no shortage of cynicism to strike a deal. The secret to their success? Positive vibes and a lot of wine. Natasha Korecki and Laura Barrón-López, meanwhile, look at what a coup this is for Biden, assuming the deal holds up: “The longtime creature of the Senate who has boasted endlessly about his mastery of the art of compromise now [has] proof that this seemingly antiquated form of governance could work.”

DEPT OF NOT GIVING A … Sinema was fundraising last week in Manhattan, where we heard she received a tongue-lashing by a major Democratic donor. The warning was specifically about playing ball with Democratic leadership on the infrastructure bill and her broader go-it-alone brand. “They gave her a lot of pushback, they said she’s in the majority, make it work, don’t undermine it,” a source familiar with the sit-down said. Sinema clearly didn’t pay heed. Days later, she doubled down on preserving the filibuster in a WaPo op-ed. Wonder if she was wearing her “F--- Off” ring when she wrote it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: June 25, 2021, 08:40:24 AM »

Are you saying that because a person worked hard to earn that money that it's yours or the government's to take?

What is that? A success tax?

And do you think that is "fair"?

Shockingly enough, I am not arguing in favor of a 91% top marginal income tax rate, Ham, only that it didn't preclude the ability to build wealth.

What would you set as the top marginal rate and at what starting point?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10573 on: June 25, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »

Chauivin (sentencing scheduled for tomorrow) will likely get more years in prison than this traitor: A female linguist who worked for the Pentagon in Iraq was sentenced to 23 years behind bars for giving classified information to a Hezbollah-tied foreign national.

Mariam Taha Thompson was charged in May 2020 in federal court with “transmitting highly sensitive classified national defense information to a foreign national," who she believed would provide the information to Lebanese-based Hezbollah, a foreign terrorist organization tied to Iran.

Court records show Thompson signed an extensive statement of facts in late January admitting to the covert plot, and she pleaded guilty in March. Thompson faced a maximum sentence of up to life imprisonment.

https://news.yahoo.com/pentagon-linguist-passed-secrets-hezbollah-231600832.html

I would hope so considering he was convicted of murder...

Second degree murder of a convicted felon vs treason to the USA?

Sorry, to me the traitor's offenses are much worse. Who knows how many lives were jeopardized or lost based on her actions?

She cut a deal and pled out.

He was convicted.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10574 on: June 25, 2021, 09:14:31 AM »

Cool stuff from Politico Playbook

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/06/25/graham-biden-made-gop-look-like-fing-idiots-493371

PLAYBOOK INTERVIEW: GRAHAM IS OUT — We caught up with Sen. LINDSEY GRAHAM (R-S.C.) on Thursday night as he was boarding a plane to California. Graham, you may remember, is one of the 11 Republicans who signed onto the original bipartisan infrastructure framework, which seemed to prove that there were enough Republicans to overcome a filibuster.

Notably, there were only five of those Republicans at the White House on Thursday. This deal is dead without at least five more.

After hearing what Biden said about linking the small bipartisan bill to the big reconciliation bill, Graham told us … he’s out.

“If he’s gonna tie them together, he can forget it!” Graham said. “I’m not doing that. That’s extortion! I’m not going to do that. The Dems are being told you can’t get your bipartisan work product passed unless you sign on to what the left wants, and I’m not playing that game.”

Graham said the five Republicans negotiating the deal never told him about the linkage strategy and he does not believe that they were aware of it. “Most Republicans could not have known that,” he said. “There's no way. You look like a fucking idiot now.” He added, “I don’t mind bipartisanship, but I’m not going to do a suicide mission.”

Graham often changes his mind, so Republicans close to the negotiations may take his comments with a grain of salt. But at the same time, Republicans who want this deal to happen believe Biden created a massive problem that could put the entire deal in jeopardy.

“The president’s comments did real damage here,” said a senior GOP aide. “It is astonishing that he could endorse this bipartisan framework in one breath and then announce he will hold it hostage in the next.”

MCCONNELL CONCURS: Minority Leader MITCH MCCONNELL made the same point on the Senate floor, accusing Democratic leaders of “pulling the rug out from under their bipartisan negotiators” with the new interconnected strategy.

DON’T MISS: Burgess Everett and Marianne LeVine have a good tick-tock on how the group of 20 centrist Democrats and Republicans defied expectations and no shortage of cynicism to strike a deal. The secret to their success? Positive vibes and a lot of wine. Natasha Korecki and Laura Barrón-López, meanwhile, look at what a coup this is for Biden, assuming the deal holds up: “The longtime creature of the Senate who has boasted endlessly about his mastery of the art of compromise now [has] proof that this seemingly antiquated form of governance could work.”

DEPT OF NOT GIVING A … Sinema was fundraising last week in Manhattan, where we heard she received a tongue-lashing by a major Democratic donor. The warning was specifically about playing ball with Democratic leadership on the infrastructure bill and her broader go-it-alone brand. “They gave her a lot of pushback, they said she’s in the majority, make it work, don’t undermine it,” a source familiar with the sit-down said. Sinema clearly didn’t pay heed. Days later, she doubled down on preserving the filibuster in a WaPo op-ed. Wonder if she was wearing her “F--- Off” ring when she wrote it.

Her Op-Ed was a fine exhibit of “I don’t have a clue about where I stand but by God this is where I will stand!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 2927