Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 2927

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756306 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10725 on: June 26, 2021, 06:33:13 PM »

Daytona Beach police Chief Jakari Young tweeted early Saturday that suspect Othal Toreyane Resheen Wallace, 29, known as "O-Zone," had been taken into custody.

White guy?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: June 26, 2021, 06:38:46 PM »

Biden could have had a pretty clean political win on getting a half-loaf I-bill done and show America he can negotiate a deal with a most intractable R-party. "I crossed the aisle and made government work for Americans again".

I didn't like the sand-bagging move. R's can now say and with some justification, they can't trust Biden.

Does he still have the 10Rs that he thought he had, or did his bluff back-fire?

Or does his failed bluff cost him R-support for a bi-partisan I-bill?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:40:32 PM by bankshot1 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: June 26, 2021, 07:58:00 PM »

Does he lose a half trillion dollar symbolic win for the people he has sworn to lead on the way to securing a four trillion dollar dollar win that actually does most of what’s needed to address the most pressing issues we are confronted with?

Either way the whole adventure is just proving republicans are creatures of bad faith who can’t be reasoned or bargained with because of how much they hate America and the American family and the troops who defend it. 

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: June 26, 2021, 08:12:49 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10730 on: June 26, 2021, 08:37:42 PM »

Daytona Beach police Chief Jakari Young tweeted early Saturday that suspect Othal Toreyane Resheen Wallace, 29, known as "O-Zone," had been taken into custody.

White guy?

Yo mama...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: June 26, 2021, 08:38:02 PM »

What has Governor DeSantis and the deeply corrupt republican government of Florida been keeping from the people of Florida? How many should have been told that their homes are in imminent danger of collapse?

2 million?

4 million?

8 million?

Florida is going to be very dependent on the federal government in the coming months.

Biden and the Democrats will save them, but at the end of the day voters will know that all republicans carry the blame alongside the flecks of dried blood on their chins from their last frenzied  feeding.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: June 26, 2021, 08:38:20 PM »

Does he lose a half trillion dollar symbolic win for the people he has sworn to lead on the way to securing a four trillion dollar dollar win that actually does most of what’s needed to address the most pressing issues we are confronted with?

Either way the whole adventure is just proving republicans are creatures of bad faith who can’t be reasoned or bargained with because of how much they hate America and the American family and the troops who defend it.

Joe had had an agreement with the the Gang that can't legislate straight, and had a chance to bag a political win, by showing he can make government work, and IMO that message would prove popular with voters after years of political malpractice, mostly by Repubs. And that was the real message he ran on-making the govt work for everyone.

And $1.2 T for infrastructure is real money, its not just symbolic. It would have paid for a lot of shit that people could use. And some real jobs.

Joe could have played it straight, but instead, IMO, he looks like just another pol, you can't trust.

Joe damaged Brand Biden and he didn't have to do it.

In this case the Dems and Biden appear to be stricken by the same bad faith negotiating.

I think it was a political mistake to keep the left happy.

Do this, if its not too late, and then negotiate again with a reconciliation bill, with other stuff, and make the Repubs look like the dicks we know them to be, as they kill other programs as we get closer to '22.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10733 on: June 26, 2021, 08:44:16 PM »

Biden could have had a pretty clean political win on getting a half-loaf I-bill done and show America he can negotiate a deal with a most intractable R-party. "I crossed the aisle and made government work for Americans again".

I didn't like the sand-bagging move. R's can now say and with some justification, they can't trust Biden.

How many R’s voted for Covid relief?

The question is will the Moderate Centrists Dems follow through with reconciliation?

Republicans voted unanimously for Juneteenth and voted unanimously against the Voting Rights bill.

What makes you think they’ll vote for anything of substance after McConnell said they won’t vote for any Biden win?

Half a loaf?

Hell, might as well pinch a loaf for all this bipartisan mishegoss...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: June 26, 2021, 08:53:12 PM »

How many R’s voted for Covid relief?

The question is will the Moderate Centrists Dems follow through with reconciliation?

Republicans voted unanimously for Juneteenth and voted unanimously against the Voting Rights bill.

What makes you think they’ll vote for anything of substance after McConnell said they won’t vote for any Biden win?

Half a loaf?

Hell, might as well pinch a loaf for all this bipartisan mishegoss...

We were told there were 10 R senators lined up for the I-bill, and Joe sand-bagged the process. I thought it sent a bad message and was bad politics. I thought Joe sabotaged his own message of compromise, and working across the aisle.

If the Repubs blew it up, we could understand that, but Joe blowing it up, made no sense, and for marketing purposes seemed dumb  and counterproductive.

And Joe realized it a day late and backed away from it, but the real damage may have been done.

He's just another pol that can't be trusted.

damn shame.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10735 on: June 26, 2021, 08:53:48 PM »

Joe had had an agreement with the the Gang that can't legislate straight, and had a chance to bag a political win, by showing he can make government work, and IMO that message would prove popular with voters after years of political malpractice, mostly by Repubs. And that was the real message he ran on-making the govt work for everyone.

And $1.2 T for infrastructure is real money, its not just symbolic. It would have paid for a lot of shit that people could use. And some real jobs.

Joe could have played it straight, but instead, IMO, he looks like just another pol, you can't trust.

Joe damaged Brand Biden and he didn't have to do it.

In this case the Dems and Biden appear to be stricken by the same bad faith negotiating.

I think it was a political mistake to keep the left happy.

Do this, if its not too late, and then negotiate again with a reconciliation bill, with other stuff, and make the Repubs look like the dicks we know them to be, as they kill other programs as we get closer to '22.

Come on, Banks!

Stop falling for the okey doke!

They're bullshitting to play to  their rabid wingnuts

”The five GOP senators who cut a deal with moderate Democrats and the president are frustrated that Biden explicitly tied his signature on a bipartisan infrastructure bill to a separate Democrats-only measure, according to three Republican aides familiar with the dynamics. Biden has long said he wants to push forward both measures together, but Republicans viewed his Thursday comment as openness to vetoing the very same bill he'd just endorsed.”

Republicans were always aware that Democrats might try and pass that bigger bill using the filibuster protections of the budget. Some in the GOP even suggested the two-step process, predicting that they could more easily scuttle a Democrats-only bill if that proposal resorted to tax increases to expand social programs.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/25/infrastructure-bill-gop-biden-496296

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10736 on: June 26, 2021, 08:58:20 PM »

Remember Obamacare!

Remember Covid Relief!

The motherfucking GOP has NEVER played it straight.

This a very popular program and Joe said all along he was on a two track. He gave them what they wanted and then here’s what I demand in return.

Remember when the DEMS gave the GOP EVERYTHING THEY WANTED ON THE 1/6 commission and they bitched up on the deal.

My money is on Biden.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: June 26, 2021, 09:06:07 PM »

Let the Repubs blow it up all on their own, Joe didn't have to give the Gang of 10 a reason to bail, but he did, (and 5 did) and it was dumb and counter-productive.

What did it gain?

Joe looked like a less than honest broker in the process.

And someone advised him it wasn't playing well in Peoria.

YMMV

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10738 on: June 26, 2021, 09:12:27 PM »

Joe hasn’t sandbagged shit.

Joe is not here to play patty cake with republicans.

Joe campaigned and won on a series of serious programs, sacrifices, and hard work to be undertaken under his leadership to pull the country out of the significant ditch Moscow Mitch and his band of cowardly buffoonish con artists have dragged us into.

While the Ford model skinny infrastructure bill agreed upon is useful as far as it goes and has bipartisan support (as should every idea that polls better than 70% with the public) which is nice, it’s small potatoes compared to the scale of solutions for the scale of problems America chose to have its President address with the full force of the federal government.

Putting the fire out in the burning house is the Job of Joe’s first term. Making republicans love this country and renounce Satan is what we’ll re-elect him to do in term two. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: June 26, 2021, 09:14:25 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/06/24/sean-hannity-fires-opening-salvo-in-fox-news-civil-war-over-tucker-carlsons-gutless-gossiping/

I hope the right wing has many more successes like this in their efforts to stay unified and on message.
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 2927