Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 756079 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #10755 on: June 27, 2021, 11:00:14 AM »

I always liked Tina Fey.

NM

Sunday talk shows all talking about the Biden 2-step on the Infrastructure bill.

and the scrambling the WH did to get Joe to take his foot out of his mouth and take a step back.

Maybe they can get eggs from Larry

even AOC (right now on NBC ) is de-linking the I-bill and reconciliation and doesn't want to sink Biden's agenda.

seems she got the message too.

People want the I-bill and the jobs and pork

and as we all know, bacon goes with scrambled eggs

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10756 on: June 27, 2021, 12:04:05 PM »

I always liked Tina Fey.

NM

Sunday talk shows all talking about the Biden 2-step on the Infrastructure bill.

and the scrambling the WH did to get Joe to take his foot out of his mouth and take a step back.

Maybe they can get eggs from Larry

even AOC (right now on NBC ) is de-linking the I-bill and reconciliation and doesn't want to sink Biden's agenda.

seems she got the message too.

People want the I-bill and the jobs and pork

and as we all know, bacon goes with scrambled eggs

I don’t watch the Sunday shows...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #10757 on: June 27, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/26/2037183/-A-bad-law-could-do-something-good-Prosecute-Jan-6-speakers-and-insurgents-using-the-Smith-Act

This needs to be stapled to the AG’s forehead, ASAHP. It needs to be turned into a K-Pop song.

Smith act, Smith act, Smith act. And throw away the keys.

That idea gives me a creepy "what could possibly go wrong? " feeling.  Adjudication with the Smith Act could set a dangerous precedent.   Imagine a future RW president using the Smith Act...

Holly Martins

« Reply #10758 on: June 27, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »

Looks like Kid can fill the long-empty fashion expert role for this Board.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10759 on: June 27, 2021, 12:39:19 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/6/26/2037183/-A-bad-law-could-do-something-good-Prosecute-Jan-6-speakers-and-insurgents-using-the-Smith-Act

This needs to be stapled to the AG’s forehead, ASAHP. It needs to be turned into a K-Pop song.

Smith act, Smith act, Smith act. And throw away the keys.

That idea gives me a creepy "what could possibly go wrong? " feeling.  Adjudication with the Smith Act could set a dangerous precedent.   Imagine a future RW president using the Smith Act...

The RW is not doing Presidents any longer. The position at the top of their hierarchy is more properly referred to as mad king.

The republicans are in permanent coup mode now. Where and when they are out they stage their coup against the leaders elected by the American people. Where and when the are in they stage their coup against our laws and constitution.

Someone wrong headed and dishonest, profiting from the grave harms they cause others, might still be a brother. Once he starts organizing, supporting, directing, and encouraging others to attack and take down the family house itself, though brother he may remain he becomes an enemy first and foremost. These enemies are still on the attack and are still profiting from their ongoing insurrection. The Blind Sheiks of Ya’ll Qaeda need to be put in tiny boxes, be fed and watered occasionally, and periodically displayed for public shaming. Their wealth and the wealth of their networks must be absorbed into the public coffers to serve the needs of countrymen who have turned themselves into betrayers of their nation.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10761 on: June 27, 2021, 12:42:38 PM »

You lost me at bing.

Are you team Tucker or team Sean? I don’t think you ever answered the question.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10762 on: June 27, 2021, 12:46:00 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10763 on: June 27, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »

The Cruelty is the Point

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1408835686933925888.html

“ This is why the cruelty remains the point, even with Trump defeated. It was never just him. It was the ideological course of the GOP, and a political system that made that course a viable one. To change this, you have to change the system”

Damn straight

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10764 on: June 27, 2021, 01:51:41 PM »

http://youtu.be/ucTGNtsT9gw

We’ve been letting the shithead skinheads build their army for far too long.

Time to break them, take them, and erase them.

It will take real American leadership to get it done.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #10765 on: June 27, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #10766 on: June 27, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »

Heh

Wallace with Dem talking points
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #10767 on: June 27, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

Wallace exposing republicans’ defund the police, anti-cop, anti law and order agenda.

Bad look for the republicans.
Good job by Fox.

It was probably easier for the GOP to win elections before everyone figured out they hate cops.

We’ll see in 2022.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 03:18:31 PM by facilitatorn »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #10768 on: June 27, 2021, 03:22:10 PM »

Today Dr Charles Stanley talked about money.

He said that if you seek to get rich then you will fall into temptation, but if you give 10% to God and if you serve God then your cup will be over-flowing as God blesses you.

One example for me was my friend Lisa. She spent her whole life helping other people, and serving God, and everything she touched turned to Gold, she succeeded at everything that she did. And she taught her children that, when she gave her son an apartment complex in Hollywood when he was ready to go into business, she told him to give 10% of whatever he earned to God. Lisa spent her whole life helping others, and God blessed her with a long and prosperous life. And Lisa was friends with my friend Suzanne Pleshette who I worked for, everyone loved Lisa.

So that is what Dr Stanley's message was all about today, if you give 10% to God, then God will bless you. Give 10% to God, and serve God, and then you will have the best of everything. God owns it all.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #10769 on: June 27, 2021, 03:33:13 PM »

It sounds like God is a shake-down Artist.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 716 717 [718] 719 720 ... 2926