Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754107 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11565 on: July 09, 2021, 09:16:14 AM »

Best idea is to get everyone vaccinated, certain protection, then have boosters.

And if the folks continue to refuse to get vaccinated and their governors refuse to encourage vaccinations, then what do you propose, swami?

Get as many as possible vaccinated.
Then provide boosters when available.
Then encourage the business world, with financial incentives if possible...or by "force," to support a Vaccination Passport issued by the Federal Govt.
"No Vaccination Passport, no fly."
No fly, and No Do a lot of other things.
"No Vacc pp, no work for our company, business."
"No Vacc PP, no can enter our shop."
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: July 09, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/making-history-chileans-start-work-first-constitution-equally-drafted-rcna1353

What, if any, are the implications for us?!

They’ve put together a coalition to overcome the right wing idiots that have held sway for decades.
Since I no longer have an outside gig I don’t drive nearly as much as I used to. One the routes I frequented was through Sheridan Circle where Orlando Letellier and Ronni Mofitt were assassinated by car bombing.

Which happened when you were 18. So what? You drove your car there in later years?

LMFAO!!

I used to ride my bike in the Palisades, where Aaron Burr killed my famous ancestor.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: July 09, 2021, 09:31:25 AM »

There is a handgun that will kill a bear...the American guys on YouTube said a 12 gauge shotgun is best but it the bear surprises you and is too close to get the shotgun a .44 magnum handgun will do.
But at least I now know it's possible.

It's "possible," but it still requires being either competent or lucky. Speaking as a former range master and riflery instructor, the degree of effort that acquiring competence seems to require of the average person seems beyond a significant majority of "students" of the art of firing a gun or a rifle.

That's one of the reasons the shotgun is so highly recommended! It removes a lot of the skill requirement, leaving you mostly with the need to know how to remain standing after you shoot it. Sometimes, you need something to protect your shoulder.

But most of the time, you will hit what you are aiming at!

It's still not a "bear repellant."

https://www.foggymountain.com/hunting-guide-articles/bear-loads-hunt-black-bear/

My rifle instructor was my WW2 army farmer father in law.
My handgun instructor was at the pistol range atop a city building of my former employer.
The handguns were eventually replaced with counter to ceiling glass screens with opaque screens that would fly from counter to ceiling at fast pace when activated.
I would never hunt bears.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: July 09, 2021, 09:45:53 AM »

Iraq was invaded because Washington had had enough of Saddam and his antics.
Afghanistan was invaded to get bin Laden and the terrorists helping him, Joe said on my tv screen tonite.
Nearly 2,500 US troops killed...and many wounded.

Given all the sacrifices made by the dead and wounded...I would've moved all Afghans out of a large area of the country, that borders China.
Moved only Americans in, and built air strips etc...parked nukes underground.

Holly Martins

« Reply #11569 on: July 09, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »

Funny Bulwark piece,  Fac.   

My spouse asked "What ARE you reading? "

I didn’t come across a single substantive exchange of ideas—but I was exposed to a very great deal of Sonic the Hedgehog erotica. What a world.

But back to our verification problem: The “official” Frito’s account posted a series of absurdist memes that featured a suggestion that users should dip their penises into a Wendy’s frosty.

For the true Finnish spa effect,  first dip in a Wendy's chili!   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11570 on: July 09, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »

http://thebulwark.com/gettr-by-the-puy/

I laughed. I cried. I blew snot bubbles.

It’s just too beautiful.

I hope some of you find the time to enjoy.

So many wonderful references!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11571 on: July 09, 2021, 10:45:04 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/making-history-chileans-start-work-first-constitution-equally-drafted-rcna1353

They’ve put together a coalition to overcome the right wing idiots that have held sway for decades.
Since I no longer have an outside gig I don’t drive nearly as much as I used to. One the routes I frequented was through Sheridan Circle where Orlando Letellier and Ronni Mofitt were assassinated by car bombing.

Which happened when you were 18. So what? You drove your car there in later years?

LMFAO!!

I used to ride my bike in the Palisades, where Aaron Burr killed my famous ancestor.

Heh

He had been the Ambassador of Chile and was assassinated when I was fifteen by a US sponsored coup. When I was fifteen I was already wide awake, or “Woke!”

Driving past that spot on Massachusetts Ave NW was a reminder of the consequences of American Imperialism.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: July 09, 2021, 11:34:24 AM »

There is a handgun that will kill a bear...the American guys on YouTube said a 12 gauge shotgun is best but it the bear surprises you and is too close to get the shotgun a .44 magnum handgun will do.
But at least I now know it's possible.

It's "possible," but it still requires being either competent or lucky. Speaking as a former range master and riflery instructor, the degree of effort that acquiring competence seems to require of the average person seems beyond a significant majority of "students" of the art of firing a gun or a rifle.

That's one of the reasons the shotgun is so highly recommended! It removes a lot of the skill requirement, leaving you mostly with the need to know how to remain standing after you shoot it. Sometimes, you need something to protect your shoulder.

But most of the time, you will hit what you are aiming at!

It's still not a "bear repellant."

https://www.foggymountain.com/hunting-guide-articles/bear-loads-hunt-black-bear/

My rifle instructor was my WW2 army farmer father in law.
My handgun instructor was at the pistol range atop a city building of my former employer.
The handguns were eventually replaced with counter to ceiling glass screens with opaque screens that would fly from counter to ceiling at fast pace when activated.
That is short sighted.  What will you do when they hunt you?
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: July 09, 2021, 12:11:17 PM »

LMFAO!!

Heh

He had been the Ambassador of Chile and was assassinated when I was fifteen by a US sponsored coup. When I was fifteen I was already wide awake, or “Woke!”

Driving past that spot on Massachusetts Ave NW was a reminder of the consequences of American Imperialism.

As if you needed a reminder to knock the USA!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: July 09, 2021, 12:23:21 PM »

From something now known as "NBCBLK".

Propagating segregated schools: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/-calling-black-academics-choose-hbcus-colleges-rcna1372

Seems the primary attraction is that it's an easier job, as you don't have to deal with those "others" who might challenge your views or your research.

Lotsa luck!

Holly Martins

« Reply #11575 on: July 09, 2021, 12:39:09 PM »

That is short sighted.  What will you do when they hunt you?

A wiser fella once said.... 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: July 09, 2021, 12:54:42 PM »

A college-friend from some 50 years ago, would recite A.E Housman's poem about the bear, in an exaggerated folksy drawl, and remembering it, still cracks me up. 

it starts

The grizzly bear is huge and wild...

A bear's gonna do what a bear's gonna do.

much like that famous scorpion.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: July 09, 2021, 12:58:49 PM »

"To use a sports analogy, we're in the red zone, the last 20 yards before the end zone, but we're not in the end zone yet because there is resistance for various reasons that seem to have gotten caught up in politics," said McConnell.

On why Kentucky lags on vaccinations.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/09/politics/mitch-mcconnell-fox-news-donald-trump-vaccines/index.html

"for various reasons..."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11578 on: July 09, 2021, 01:06:53 PM »

LMFAO!!

Heh

As if you needed a reminder to knock the USA!

“I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”

—- James Baldwin

The USA was ar war with us during the Age of Hoover and COINTELPRO.

The Church Commission told us what black folks already knew.

Of course this was in the storm and wake of Watergate; a crime that’s was foiled by a security guard whose life went to shit after saving the republic.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: July 09, 2021, 01:19:35 PM »

So-called "moderate Democrats" Manchin and Sinema are receiving thanks from the GOP.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1413507000206462982
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 2926