Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753950 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11580 on: July 09, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »

http://www.vox.com/first-person/22568672/critical-race-theory-crt-education-racism-teachers

Kids want to know and alabastard denial won’t hold them back.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: July 09, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »

Democrat James Clyburn refutes NBC host downplaying effects of 'defund the police' movement on his party

House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D-S.C., refuted NBC  host Mehdi Hasan after Hasan suggested the movement to defund the police didn't hurt Democrats in 2020 House races.

That is absolutely poppycock. I know what I'm talking about. I'm out here with the voters every day. I did a town hall last night … and I can tell you defund the police is a nonstarter, even with Black people," Clyburn said. "If you don't think that's true, then look at the results of what just happened in New York City's election. So the proof is in the pudding. I know what I'm talking about."
"I talk to people everyday, and defund the police is a chokehold around the Democratic Party," he added. "If you're going to categorize left and right, I'm on the left of my party. Nobody can call me anything but a progressive. I've been one all of my life … so come on.!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:51:35 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: July 09, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »

"Hey, let's get more people killed" award winner of the week:
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/07/08/culper-precision-block19
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: July 09, 2021, 04:55:29 PM »

"People are going to die from heat!"
"Oh, yeah? Is there a temperature at which we know they are going to start dropping like flies?"
"More like the proverbial (if not real) boiling frogs. Let's find out what it is!"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93ynm5/scientists-studying-temperature-at-which-humans-spontaneously-die-with-increasing-urgency
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: July 09, 2021, 05:08:30 PM »

Zephyr Teachout, of all people, promoting a Biden executive order on competition!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: July 09, 2021, 05:13:31 PM »

"Oh, yeah? Is there a temperature at which we know they are going to start dropping like flies?"
"More like the proverbial (if not real) boiling frogs. Let's find out what it is!"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/93ynm5/scientists-studying-temperature-at-which-humans-spontaneously-die-with-increasing-urgency

I think the boiling frog said before he croaked, "it ain't the heat, its the humidity"

Holly Martins

« Reply #11588 on: July 09, 2021, 05:33:03 PM »

We're going to see a continued move towards building dwellings below ground,  and not just among berm house Greenies in the developed nations.   It will also be done more in developing areas where AC may be unreliable or scarce.   Deep cellar,  with a roof made of a thermal buffer, ideally growing vegetation if water is sufficient.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11589 on: July 09, 2021, 05:40:47 PM »

From something now known as "NBCBLK".

Propagating segregated schools: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/-calling-black-academics-choose-hbcus-colleges-rcna1372

Seems the primary attraction is that it's an easier job, as you don't have to deal with those "others" who might challenge your views or your research.

Lotsa luck!

“Easier job.”

Cretin
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: July 09, 2021, 06:13:57 PM »

Propagating segregated schools: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/-calling-black-academics-choose-hbcus-colleges-rcna1372

Seems the primary attraction is that it's an easier job, as you don't have to deal with those "others" who might challenge your views or your research.

Lotsa luck!

“Easier job.”

Cretin

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill/Typical SAT scores
Reading and Writing 650-730, Math 660-770
2019–20
Acceptance rate: 22.6% (2020) IPEDS
Typical ACT scores: 28-33 (2019–20) IPEDS

Howard university

Reading and Writing 580-650, Math 550-630
2019–20
Acceptance rate: 36.1% (2020) IPEDS
Typical ACT scores: 22-27 (2019–20) IPEDS

EASIER.

Dope.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: July 09, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »

President Biden and Democratic leadership have distanced themselves from the far-left rally cries to defund the police, with some moderates blaming the Squad's defunding rhetoric for Democratic House losses in November.

Yep.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-video-democrats-defund-police
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11593 on: July 09, 2021, 07:25:50 PM »

Lotsa luck!

“Easier job.”

Cretin

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill/Typical SAT scores
Reading and Writing 650-730, Math 660-770
2019–20
Acceptance rate: 22.6% (2020) IPEDS
Typical ACT scores: 28-33 (2019–20) IPEDS

Howard university

Reading and Writing 580-650, Math 550-630
2019–20
Acceptance rate: 36.1% (2020) IPEDS
Typical ACT scores: 22-27 (2019–20) IPEDS

EASIER.

Dope.

Different, not easier.

Lyndon Johnson

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: July 09, 2021, 07:53:27 PM »

Lotsa luck!

“Easier job.”

Cretin

Not to impugn Hamster's logic,  but if you choose to teach where there are more first gen students with average lower SAT scores,  wouldn't that make your job harder?   
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 2926