Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753640 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #11895 on: July 14, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

30% of kids who contract COVID-19 are expected to end up with "long haul" COVID.

And more kids are getting it from Delta than got it before and more of those are passing and faster.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #11896 on: July 14, 2021, 12:04:21 PM »

An opinion piece slash attack ad that defines a 24-54 demographic as "the young" and blanket refers to them as Woke.   Probably not the most objective analysis.
You are pretty ignorant of Ratings’ categories.
25-54 is the most coveted demographic to an advertiser because, at 25: the viewer has a median income of $62k, $20 k more than those aged 24 or less.
From there the next two decades of ages rise to $78k -$80k and dip to $68k from 55-64.
At 65 the median income plummets to $41k.
So sponsors go where the buying power of viewers/listeners is.  Broadcast outlets who score high in that demographic charge higher advertising rates.  And the financial yardstick for the advertiser  is always
Cost per Thousand viewers/listeners.

I was just registering amusement that the writer defined those up to age 54 as "the young."  Given that it's everyone from college age to early retirement, I have no doubt it's a coveted demographic, not was I questioning that.  The article is saying that "only young people" and "the Woke" are sticking with CNN, but then careful (not all that careful, really) reading reveals that's everyone in the "coveted demographic" up to age 54. 

Ah to be 54 again....heh.

BTW, if people flock to sensationalist high-spin infotainment, that's not a trend you should find reassuring for democracy or critical thinking generally. 

PS - also note, as Hairy did, the "tech giants are shutting us down" lie.  And it's juxtaposition next to, well, you can figure it out....

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: July 14, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »

We have a police problem.

In this particular instance, it is the Border Patrol on our southern border.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/us-border-patrol-agent-rodney-tolson-jr-helped-smuggle-migrants-for-dollar400-bribes

$400/person bribe to help smuggle migrants across the border.

Tell me again how the wall was going to help, in the face of this sort of thing?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: July 14, 2021, 12:39:12 PM »

The greatest president of our kids' time can be silent no more

"This is a mistake," Bush said. "They’re just going to be left behind to be slaughtered by these very brutal people, and it breaks my heart."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-president-george-w-bush-calls-us-troop-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-a-mistake

The overwhelming majority of kids (under 18) were not alive for one minute of Bush's presidency. A few of them were alive for up to 6 months and 6 days of it.

Even granting your claim for him for that brief period, which is a complete joke. The best of what Bush did in those 6 months is despised by your party.

OUR KIDS TIME, you fucking pissant fool.

That would be inclusive of my kids, who were indeed alive during GWB presidency.

Now go fuck a duck
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: July 14, 2021, 01:09:15 PM »

An opinion piece slash attack ad that defines a 24-54 demographic as "the young" and blanket refers to them as Woke.   Probably not the most objective analysis.
You are pretty ignorant of Ratings’ categories.
25-54 is the most coveted demographic to an advertiser because, at 25: the viewer has a median income of $62k, $20 k more than those aged 24 or less.
From there the next two decades of ages rise to $78k -$80k and dip to $68k from 55-64.
At 65 the median income plummets to $41k.
So sponsors go where the buying power of viewers/listeners is.  Broadcast outlets who score high in that demographic charge higher advertising rates.  And the financial yardstick for the advertiser  is always
Cost per Thousand viewers/listeners.

I was just registering amusement that the writer defined those up to age 54 as "the young."  Given that it's everyone from college age to early retirement, I have no doubt it's a coveted demographic, not was I questioning that.  The article is saying that "only young people" and "the Woke" are sticking with CNN, but then careful (not all that careful, really) reading reveals that's everyone in the "coveted demographic" up to age 54. 

Ah to be 54 again....heh.
Except that is not what the Author said.

CNN continues to have the youngest audience in cable news in Total Day and prime time and reached the largest cumulative TV audience among both total viewers and adults 25-54 in May,” the network said in a press release, putting the best possible construction on disheartening ratings.

While CNN is still the fourth most-watched cable network overall — behind Fox News, MSNBC, and HGTV — its unique blend of commentary-posing-as-unbiased-journalism caused the network to crash to earth. Only the most Woke segment of society, the young, appear to be getting their news from the Atlanta-based network.

His description of the “ young and woke” are to  those closest to youngest end of the demographic, the same conclusion reached by CNN.
BTW, if people flock to sensationalist high-spin infotainment, that's not a trend you should find reassuring for democracy or critical thinking generally. 
LOL 
PS - also note, as Hairy did, the "tech giants are shutting us down" lie.  And it's juxtaposition next to, well, you can figure it out....
What was the lie?
Were you and Harry asleep earlier this year?

Bans on Parler and Trump Show Big Tech’s Power Over Web Conversation
By Sarah Frier
January 10, 2021, 8:06 PM EST Updated on January 11, 2021, 3:26 AM EST
 Google, Apple, Amazon pull tech support for rogue social app
 Downloads had surged after president was kicked off Twitter

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-11/parler-trump-bans-show-big-tech-s-power-over-web-conversation

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11900 on: July 14, 2021, 01:39:19 PM »

The only thing surprising to me about this is that anybody is surprised:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/politics/infrastructure-debt-deficit/index.html

The question is who among the “Moderate” Democratic Senators will fall for this line of bullshit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11901 on: July 14, 2021, 01:39:56 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

30% of kids who contract COVID-19 are expected to end up with "long haul" COVID.

And more kids are getting it from Delta than got it before and more of those are passing and faster.

The GOP is a death cult
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #11902 on: July 14, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »

The greatest president of our kids' time can be silent no more

"This is a mistake," Bush said. "They’re just going to be left behind to be slaughtered by these very brutal people, and it breaks my heart."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-president-george-w-bush-calls-us-troop-withdrawal-from-afghanistan-a-mistake

The overwhelming majority of kids (under 18) were not alive for one minute of Bush's presidency. A few of them were alive for up to 6 months and 6 days of it.

Even granting your claim for him for that brief period, which is a complete joke. The best of what Bush did in those 6 months is despised by your party.

OUR KIDS TIME, you fucking pissant fool.

That would be inclusive of my kids, who were indeed alive during GWB presidency.

Now go fuck a duck

GWB, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Rove LIED us into war with Iraq.

GWB and the GOP crashed the economy.

As a president only Trump made him look better in hindsight.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: July 14, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »

By Sarah Frier

Probably a more comforting headline for you than "Far Right Media Refuses to Abide By Published Posting Guidelines; Spreads Lies and Hate Speech".
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: July 14, 2021, 02:03:15 PM »

Kid likes failsons. Shrub was the failiest failson of his day.

If Kid has children, they should really make him into some kind of soup to feed the homeless.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: July 14, 2021, 02:04:58 PM »

The right wants to disconnect the removal of Trump et al from the reasons for their removal. Sort of like:

"The state is restricting my freedom of movement!"

"Yes, you are serving 5 years for armed robbery."
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: July 14, 2021, 02:10:22 PM »

By Sarah Frier

Probably a more comforting headline for you than "Far Right Media Refuses to Abide By Published Posting Guidelines; Spreads Lies and Hate Speech".
Suit yourself.
I was commenting on you misrepresenting what was posted by calling it a lie, which it wasn’t.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: July 14, 2021, 02:30:25 PM »

By Sarah Frier

Suit yourself.
I was commenting on you misrepresenting what was posted by calling it a lie, which it wasn’t.
You have misrepresented what I posted. I merely noted her established history of lying on line and getting banned for it.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: July 14, 2021, 03:58:29 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/14/2039865/-Republicans-return-to-their-bread-and-butter-issues-with-an-eye-on-2022-racism-and-xenophobia

The trump crime spree caused the trump era crime wave and the GOP owns the body count on top of the pandemic, opioid, pollution, and job site fatalities the usher in with their constant depraved indifference.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: July 14, 2021, 04:43:38 PM »

Yes, this is real.

And yes, this is how the modern GOP thinks.

"modern"

Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 2926