Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761552 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1216 on: February 08, 2021, 02:34:10 AM »

An ABC News/Ipsos poll released today shows that 56% of Americans believe that Trump should be convicted and barred from ever holding office again. By a 17-point margin, Americans say that the Republican Party has more radical extremists than the Democrats.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: February 08, 2021, 03:21:13 AM »

An ABC News/Ipsos poll released today shows that 56% of Americans believe that Trump should be convicted and barred from ever holding office again. By a 17-point margin, Americans say that the Republican Party has more radical extremists than the Democrats.

Republican high water mark. Red and Kid will look back fondly to this moment remembering when they last had it so good.

As a result, the nation will prosper and numerous calamities will be averted or at least addressed in ways they never could be with sorry sick corrupt crazy republicans given respect or authority as they too often have had in the past.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: February 08, 2021, 04:02:14 AM »

Soon the White world America will ceast to exist, as Whites will be the minority.
The persecuted minority?
The discriminated against minority?
I won't be around to see it, but it would be interesting to watch.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: February 08, 2021, 06:06:42 AM »

Soon the White world America will ceast to exist, as Whites will be the minority.
The persecuted minority?

Yes, their fear is that they will be treated as they have historically treated others.

"They" in this instance means somewhere near 50% of adult white folks, with a disproportionately high percentage of those being without a college education and without a ton of money, though there are all too many of the two subgroups ready to push that theory.

But... while we are talking about whites being less than half of the entire US population, they will still be the single largest group, by far, with no single ethnic or racial group larger than they are, even as late as 2060. But the slowing procreation among whites is the single greatest factor in this change, with the second being a lack of white folks wanting to move here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: February 08, 2021, 08:06:47 AM »

If uncle Joe follows through and allows amnesty and open borders America will become a third world banana republic a lot sooner than decades. It has already started with rampant homelessness and a resurrection. Unbelievable to watch parents sacrificing their babies safety and security for their own material gain.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: February 08, 2021, 08:58:07 AM »

a lack of white folks wanting to move here

I very much doubt this is true.  I think tens of millions of white mostly Eastern European Caucasians would come to the USA if it were easy and legal to come and work. 

Ukraine has 44M people, a weak corrupt state under threat form Russia -- almost certainly millions would come to the US if an easy path was available.  Poland 38M with millions more in the UK and throughout Western Europe, economic immigrants.   Russia 145M could be a significant source of immigration as well.

Bulgaria and Romania have undergone a significant depopulation as their citizens emigrated to wealthier Western Europe.  Romania has 20M people with millions throughout the EU.  Bulgaria has 2.5M living abroad in Europe and just 7M remaining in its borders.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: February 08, 2021, 11:07:24 AM »

If uncle Joe follows through and allows amnesty and open borders America will become a third world banana republic a lot sooner than decades. It has already started with rampant homelessness and a resurrection. Unbelievable to watch parents sacrificing their babies safety and security for their own material gain.

And do you think that is likely to happen, luee? Be specific in your response and provide supporting details for your opinion, and not just fear-based anxiety spewed from your gut.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

barton

« Reply #1223 on: February 08, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »

RIP George Schultz,  Leon Spinks,  and the KC Chiefs.   

And Luee's frontal lobes,  apparently.  Refugees aren't coming here for "material gain, " unless you define it as not being murdered or starving to death. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: February 08, 2021, 11:49:46 AM »

RIP George Schultz,  Leon Spinks,  and the KC ChiefsChristopher Plummer.

And Luee's frontal lobes,  apparently.  Refugees aren't coming here for "material gain, " unless you define it as not being murdered or starving to death.

The Chiefs aren't dead. They're only wounded. 

George Schultz? First one in government to use racial quotas. Worked for Nixon. Worked for Reagan. Worked for Bechtel, and got big contracts with the Saudis. Then he was Secretary of State----hmmm, how did THAT happen. Certainly he has a debatable legacy.

Spinks had his moments. He beat a tired Ali. He won in the Olympics.

Plummer was a great actor, and it's still difficult to understand why he didn't get even a nomination for an Oscar for his outstanding performance in this great, way-too-often-overlooked film:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3704050/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_15
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1225 on: February 08, 2021, 12:27:59 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

barton

« Reply #1227 on: February 08, 2021, 03:36:39 PM »

Marcotte one of my favorite political analysts.  Though I'm skeptical that all the nay votes will all indicate Trumpian agreement.   Some may want Trump in the game in 2024 as a sort of negative pivot point,  i. e.  a younger less-demented candidate on the Right can capitalize on Trump stream of unconsciousness blatherings in the primaries -- "hey,  I'll give you all the taxation goodies, but packaged with some saner goals,  and without the freak show... " 

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: February 08, 2021, 05:29:23 PM »

The persecuted minority?

Yes, their fear is that they will be treated as they have historically treated others.

Mic drop.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: February 08, 2021, 06:00:31 PM »

The persecuted minority?

"They" in this instance means somewhere near 50% of adult white folks, with a disproportionately high percentage of those being without a college education and without a ton of money, though there are all too many of the two subgroups ready to push that theory.

But... while we are talking about whites being less than half of the entire US population, they will still be the single largest group, by far, with no single ethnic or racial group larger than they are, even as late as 2060. But the slowing procreation among whites is the single greatest factor in this change, with the second being a lack of white folks wanting to move here.

White people who have European roots are sometimes surprised who else is considered White.  I wanna know how they classified these bar charts.

The Census Bureau defines White people as follows: "White" refers to a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East or North Africa. It includes people who indicated their race(s) as "White" or reported entries such as German, Italian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian

So Euro-whites might find themselves a minority sooner if they don't consider north african and middle easterners one of them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 06:04:20 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 2929