Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752956 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12660 on: July 23, 2021, 08:45:12 PM »

Just checked the list.   South Dakota joins Vermont,  Maine,  and Iowa in having the lowest homicide rate in the US.  Minnesota and Idaho close to bottom,  too.  Trying to find a commonality, I notice all the bottom ten states have short summers,  cold winters and a fair amount of open space.   Which sort of jibes with social science research I've seen on climate,  population distribution,  and homicide rates.   

DC is well above all the states in homicide rate,   which I think might relate to it being entirely densely populated urban and with no suburban and rural areas averaged in to that.  States generally are not just consisting of a city.  If you included suburban VA and Maryland,  I think the picture would change.   

And Mass and RI might be near the bottom due to gun control laws and how they're enforced.

Probably a fairer DC comparison would be with other cities,  inside their urban  boundaries.   And then DC comes out on the bottom of the list....

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

St. Louis, MO (69.4)
Baltimore, MD (51.1)
New Orleans, LA (40.6)
Detroit, MI (39.7)
Cleveland, OH (33.7)
Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
Kansas City, MO (31.2)
Memphis, TN (27.1)
Newark, NJ (25.6)
Chicago, IL (24)
Cincinnati, OH (23.8)
Philadelphia, PA (20.2)
Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
Tulsa, OK (18.6)
Pittsburgh, PA (18.4)
Indianapolis, IN (17.7)
Louisville, KY (17.5)
Oakland, CA (17.1)
Washington D.C. (17.0)
Atlanta, GA (16.7)

Well,  well.   Got a hideabed,  Larry? 

Holly Martins

« Reply #12661 on: July 23, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »

Just checked the list.   South Dakota joins Vermont,  Maine,  and Iowa in having the lowest homicide rate in the US.  Minnesota and Idaho close to bottom,  too.  Trying to find a commonality, I notice all the bottom ten states have short summers,  cold winters and a fair amount of open space.   Which sort of jibes with social science research I've seen on climate,  population distribution,  and homicide rates.   

DC is well above all the states in homicide rate,   which I think might relate to it being entirely densely populated urban and with no suburban and rural areas averaged in to that.  States generally are not just consisting of a city.  If you included suburban VA and Maryland,  I think the picture would change.

Suburban VA and Maryland are not eligible since both are already in states.
So I repeat my original question.

Yes,  that's my point.   States average in all areas.   DC is ONLY the inner city.  So a city to state comparison is flawed.  See my above post.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12662 on: July 23, 2021, 08:51:14 PM »

Yes,  that's my point.   States average in all areas.   DC is ONLY the inner city.  So a city to state comparison is flawed.  See my above post.
Duh.
That’s the entire argument against turning a SHITHOLE city into a state!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: July 23, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »

And Mass and RI might be near the bottom due to gun control laws and how they're enforced.

Probably a fairer DC comparison would be with other cities,  inside their urban  boundaries.   And then DC comes out on the bottom of the list....

The twenty cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people) are:

St. Louis, MO (69.4)
Baltimore, MD (51.1)
New Orleans, LA (40.6)
Detroit, MI (39.7)
Cleveland, OH (33.7)
Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
Kansas City, MO (31.2)
Memphis, TN (27.1)
Newark, NJ (25.6)
Chicago, IL (24)
Cincinnati, OH (23.8)
Philadelphia, PA (20.2)
Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
Tulsa, OK (18.6)
Pittsburgh, PA (18.4)
Indianapolis, IN (17.7)
Louisville, KY (17.5)
Oakland, CA (17.1)
Washington D.C. (17.0)
Atlanta, GA (16.7)

Well,  well.   Got a hideabed,  Larry?

Ohio has two cities on the list. There’s no way Ohio can be a state anymore. Maybe we can make it some sort of protectorate under DC’s control.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12664 on: July 23, 2021, 08:55:06 PM »

Ohio has two cities on the list.

Red is projecting shitholeness the way trump projects fraud.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: July 23, 2021, 10:17:52 PM »

Tell me again how the GOP is not racist.

Go ahead.

Texas Senate passes bill that removes requirement to teach Ku Klux Klan as 'morally wrong'
I have absolutely no faith in your ability to understand the the origins of our country.

https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/189/brandenburg-v-ohio

]https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/734/capitol-square-review-and-advisory-board-v-pinette]

I have no faith in your ability to admit racism when your party conducts it, ever since you denied that NC had used racist reasoning in their redistricting in the courts' opinion.
There is no racism involved in the Texas Senate vote.
FTR, I never commented on anything pertaining to North Carolina.

And now I know you have some form of memory loss or dementia, Ward.

For the record.

We had more than one exchange on their redistricting efforts.

I am sorry that your memory is failing you.

I will stop bothering you.
Good choice since
A. You are lying
B.  It Gets you out of first amendment argument you can’t win.

RedStateWard
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6769 on: May 23, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »
Quote from: josh on May 23, 2017, 11:09:06 PM
Quote from: RedStateWard on May 23, 2017, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: josh on May 23, 2017, 10:54:46 PM
Quote from: RedStateWard on May 23, 2017, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: josh on May 23, 2017, 09:24:20 PM
Quote from: RedStateWard on May 23, 2017, 07:42:32 AM
Quote from: josh on May 23, 2017, 01:11:44 AM
Quote from: RedStateWard on May 22, 2017, 11:31:41 PM
Quote from: josh on May 22, 2017, 09:22:23 PM
Quote from: Ut on May 22, 2017, 11:11:17 AM
GOP thwarted in NC by SCOTUS:On Monday, the Supreme Court ruled that the gerrymandering of two North Carolina congressional district maps was done on racial grounds to yield a Republican advantage and was thus unconstitutional. The court ruled 8-0 to strike down the District 1 map and 5-3 to strike down the District 12 map, with Justices Samuel Alito, Chief Justice John Roberts, and Justice Anthony Kennedy dissenting from the latter ruling, CNN reports. Justice Clarence Thomas joined the court's liberals on District 12 while Justice Neil Gorsuch did not participate, as the case was argued before he was confirmed to the court, Bloomberg reports.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/700559/supreme-court-finds-illegal-racial-gerrymandering-north-carolina
"Thomas joined the court's liberals."

That is pretty stunning.

Don't know that there is anything to be read into it, as a harbinger or whatnot, but wow!

PRobably because you know nothing about Justice Thomas's previous opinion concerning the shortcomings of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

“few devices could be better designed to exacerbate racial tensions than the consciously segregated districting system currently being constructed in the name of the Voting Rights Act,.....
and our drive to segregate political districts by race can only serve to deepen racial divisions by destroying any need for voters or candidates to build bridges between racial groups or to form voting coalitions.
Holder vs. Hall(1994)

Your ongoing refusal to admit that the NC GOP is racist is duly noted.

That said, I think you missed the import if this.
No. You did.

Thanks for the giggles, Laughing Boy.
You asked the question.
I gave you an answer.

Oddly enough, Laughing Boy, if you review the thread above you will see no questions.

Your "No, you did" response is so incredibly typical for you that I laughed aloud. Your failed defense of the comment made me snort.

Don't know that there is anything to be read into it, as a harbinger or whatnot, but wow!

Then it was a typical ignorant comment by you on a issue you are clueless about.

Laughing Boy, after you have just demonstrated that you don't even know your parts of speech you might want to reconsider your claims about what others are clueless about!

But you likely will deny you made a mistake, same as usual.
The only one denying anything is you.[/size]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 10:24:47 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: July 23, 2021, 11:04:44 PM »

Go ahead.

Texas Senate passes bill that removes requirement to teach Ku Klux Klan as 'morally wrong'
I have absolutely no faith in your ability to understand the the origins of our country.

]https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/734/capitol-square-review-and-advisory-board-v-pinette]

I have no faith in your ability to admit racism when your party conducts it, ever since you denied that NC had used racist reasoning in their redistricting in the courts' opinion.

I repeat
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:07:27 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12667 on: July 23, 2021, 11:15:46 PM »

Duh.
That’s the entire argument against turning a SHITHOLE city into a state!

Have you ever been to the District?

Nah...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: July 23, 2021, 11:19:11 PM »

Go ahead.

I repeat

You directly invoked Clarence Thomas and Josh in an exchange pertaining to North Carolina, but you weren’t making much of a point about anything so like much of your writing there was nothing pertinent about it in any sense.

You may have sailed right under the bar on this one.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: July 24, 2021, 07:18:02 AM »

CNN’S Jim Acosta came face to face with rampant crime in Washington DC last night .
His dinner at a fashionable restaurant was interrupted by gunfire and he was SCARED, I tell you SCARED!
He feared for his life!

Today the DC police chief indicated being scared in DC is a decades old fact of life.

I’ve been in this city for 30 years. This is the same movie when I was a boy growing up here,” he said, referring to the days when D.C. was known as the “murder capital” of the U.S. “When are we going to do something different? … What does not happen here is accountability? People are not ready to have that conversation. ”

Police Chief Robert  Contee added, “When I start talking about accountability, people start talking mass incarceration. I’m not talking about mass incarceration. I’m talking about holding people accountable who make our communities unsafe.”

Why is it the democrats want to turn this shithole city into a state?

Discuss.
Only after you explain why having a high crime rate disqualifies an entity from being a state and deprives its people of the right to representation.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: July 24, 2021, 07:25:15 AM »

Go ahead.

Yeah? Was that decision part of a broad effort by the Texas Senate to erase any education sta dard the prescribes or mandates subjects for teaching, or is it the ONLY ONE?

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/05/22/texas-critical-race-theory-legislature/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:14:14 AM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #12673 on: July 24, 2021, 11:03:33 AM »

Literally red flags,  given where it's made.   Very funny review.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12674 on: July 24, 2021, 11:07:48 AM »

The notion that CRT teaches white people self-loathing... deserves the Strawman of the Year award.   
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 2925