Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752683 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12705 on: July 25, 2021, 11:13:23 AM »

http://theweek.com/politics/1002948/pelosis-savvy-jan-6-committee

I expected her to try to have more GOP members on the Committee. The two other names mentioned in that article seem pretty reasonable to me, given everything else, but she needs more. Is there any reason for her to not approach Reps. Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas? Those are the three McCarthy appointments that Pelosi did not (publicly or that we are aware of) object to - all more rational than Banks and unlikely to be witnesses, unlike Jordan.

Nehls was even one of those who voted against certification of the vote, but he hasn't been a rabid Trumpist.

Better for all involved to keep any such negotiations close to the vest unless or until there’s an agreement to serve by new republicans to the committee.

On another note,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/25/2041844/-A-catastrophic-thirty-one-inches-of-rain-from-a-typhoon-will-flood-Hangzhou-Shanghai-and-Wenzhou

Hope Bo is ok.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12706 on: July 25, 2021, 11:15:21 AM »

I expected her to try to have more GOP members on the Committee. The two other names mentioned in that article seem pretty reasonable to me, given everything else, but she needs more. Is there any reason for her to not approach Reps. Rodney Davis of Illinois, Kelly Armstrong of North Dakota and Troy Nehls of Texas? Those are the three McCarthy appointments that Pelosi did not (publicly or that we are aware of) object to - all more rational than Banks and unlikely to be witnesses, unlike Jordan.

Nehls was even one of those who voted against certification of the vote, but he hasn't been a rabid Trumpist.

I don’t see why she HAS to have more.

The GOP turned up their noses at a bipartisan 9/11 type commission after they got every concession demanded.

McCartyh has no intention of being an honest broker in this investigation because the GOP is hip deep in complicity.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12707 on: July 25, 2021, 11:18:05 AM »

It really doesn’t seem like Red even reads what he pastes lately. His Syphilitic dementia must be getting worse.

This is not a new thing or only lately.

Red is a cut and paste shill.

He just regurgitates the latest RNC talking points.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: July 25, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: July 25, 2021, 11:32:39 AM »

The GOP turned up their noses at a bipartisan 9/11 type commission after they got every concession demanded.

McCartyh has no intention of being an honest broker in this investigation because the GOP is hip deep in complicity.

The reason to have more is for the sake of the country, not for McCarthy.

Enough of the DEMS want this to look legit to make getting more GOP members worth doing and having almost all Dems plus one ardent Trump critic from the GOP is just not enough, IMO.

It will work better should anything from this committee end up in front of SCOTUS, as well.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12710 on: July 25, 2021, 11:49:52 AM »

Enough of the DEMS want this to look legit to make getting more GOP members worth doing and having almost all Dems plus one ardent Trump critic from the GOP is just not enough, IMO.

It will work better should anything from this committee end up in front of SCOTUS, as well.

Like having Nazis on the Nuremberg commission...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: July 25, 2021, 11:55:44 AM »

RIP Jackie Mason.

Holly Martins

« Reply #12712 on: July 25, 2021, 12:44:04 PM »

This isn't about race, either...

https://www.theroot.com/black-woman-traveling-with-4-year-old-white-adoptive-si-1847350795

Wow.   Picture the reverse situation going the same way (white woman with black child).
The woman should sue their pants off and send a message to anyone thinking about pulling that shit again.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #12713 on: July 25, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »

On its current trajectory, the green economy is shaping up to look less like the industrial workplace that lifted workers into the middle class in the 20th century than something more akin to an Amazon warehouse or a fleet of Uber drivers: grueling work schedules, few unions, middling wages and limited benefits.

Nothing will be like the industrial workplace of the 20th century.  Solar/wind are efficient and lower maintenance forms of energy extraction,  which is why they will be cheaper and make power more affordable.  And saying "few unions" is merely stating a problem to which the answer is more unions.   As for grueling work,  try comparing green energy work with working in a coal mine or on a drilling rig.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #12714 on: July 25, 2021, 01:02:49 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/7/25/2041844/-A-catastrophic-thirty-one-inches-of-rain-from-a-typhoon-will-flood-Hangzhou-Shanghai-and-Wenzhou

Hope Bo is ok.

I posted a query,  at another website where he still pops in regularly.  I imagine his many cats will not be thrilled.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: July 25, 2021, 01:16:49 PM »

Like having Nazis on the Nuremberg commission...

I disagree sharply.

Putting Jordan and Banks on it would have been, perhaps.

But for all that the crimes were awful, not even the same order of magnitude as those that engendered the Nuremburg Trials.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12716 on: July 25, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »

I disagree sharply.

It’s a free country... but not for long if we don’t drop these seditionists in their tracks.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #12717 on: July 25, 2021, 02:08:51 PM »

It would be great if we could get some more people to participate on Escape From Elba, it would be great to get more diversity, and it would be great to get some women to participate.

Here is what I posted on my Facebook page in the hopes of getting more people to join Elba...

--------------

Here is a link for a great forum, for those who love forums. It is for Escape From Elba, which started on the New York Times forums, when the Times shut down their forums then everyone went to Escape From Elba.

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php

It is a great forum, with some highly educated people. It is great for people who are in the hospital so that they can stay occupied and they can interact with other people and they can keep their brains sharp. Or if you are living in a bad neighborhood where you do not get to hang out with college professors and other cool educated people, then you will love Elba. Also, if you are a writer, or reporter, then you can stay up to date on the issues, and you can find out different points of view, etc. Escape From Elba is great, and it is a cool forum if you want to hang out with some really smart people.

Salute,

Tony V.

---------------

I have a few friends who are college professors, we will see if anyone joins.

We need to advertise a little, and network, and it would be cool to bring some more people to Elba.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 02:34:54 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: July 25, 2021, 03:00:34 PM »

Go get em, Tony.

Now every last republican in the house is on the 1/6 committee. It’s as bipartisan as a committee can be.

Expose all the scumbags so they can be permanently sequestered in our nation’s darkest and nastiest holes.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #12719 on: July 25, 2021, 05:09:19 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 2924