Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752290 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #12780 on: July 26, 2021, 05:50:40 PM »

Achtung, mahfuckahs!

“In a video, posted on Twitter, Flynn is seen on stage with a group of people. A man also standing on stage explained he was giving Flynn the gun, because, "We were trying to come up with a rifle that we thought was appropriate for a general, so we went with an old-school Woodland camouflage ... one of our top-quality guns."

Flynn responded, “Maybe I’ll find somebody in Washington, D.C." The crowd then laughed after Flynn's response.”

The Church of Glad Tidings in Yuba City, California hosted Flynn on July 16

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/michael-flynn-says-maybe-he-ll-find-somebody-washington-d-n1275065
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #12781 on: July 26, 2021, 05:57:55 PM »

And the racism is not in the facts but what you do with them. So, what is your non-racist point with pointing out the correlation between high crime rates in major cities and the large concentration of African Americans in major cities?

Perhaps we've missed his subtext.   Maybe he means that some other group that is prevalent in large cities, like German-Americans, is really the driver of crime.   My wife is half-German and you can't turn your back on her when she's in an antique/collectibles shop.   

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #12782 on: July 26, 2021, 06:01:03 PM »

Larry asked why I supported Pelosi's appointment of GOP Reps to the 1-6 Committee.

This is part of why, though only a part:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/25/politics/republicans-mccarthy-kinzinger-cheney-january-6-committee/index.html

Internal turmoil for the GOP is a good thing.

Turmoil because people are putting party over country and demonstrating that practice in an amazingly public way is all the better.

Cheney and Kinzinger are now pols without a party and will get primaried hard in '22 by zealots of the conspiratorial and crazy right.

I've no idea if either survives the nasty and dirty politics they will face.

But they have a platform to showcase independence and approached 1/6 in a non-partisan manner.

For the Dems this is not about R-internal politics and power plays in the kitchen, that cake was already baked in Mar A Lago. 

this is about marketing and PR to the few non-crazy, non-Qs, moderate Repubs left and independent voters, who were distressed by the conspiratorial nuts who wanted to overthrow democracy, and who may be swing voters in '22.

The 1/6 Commission will be painted as a partisan hit job by Team McCarthy. If Nancy can market it as a bi-partisan effort to get to the truth, she has a better chance of impressing independent voters and perhaps keeping the fascists from running the show  in '22.

And pound the shit out of them with her gavel for a few more years.

Regardless the make up of the panel the Republicans will scream to high heaven its findings and results are, “rigged, unfair-unbalanced and just another partisan witch hunt.”

“Impeachment 3.0”

Pelosi is a BOSS.

IF the Senate ever gets its shit together and passes the agenda to save the nation and the future the GOP would not win another election.

The Republicans are funded by ultra wealthy nihilists who desire total absolute power and don’t give a flying fuck about anyone in a red hat.

Pelosi is the boss.

She was elected by her colleagues for the job.

and BFD what the Repubs scream about.

Fuck them and the Panzers they rode in on.

If she can put forth a non-partisan panel to be as transparent as possible to help Americans understand the facts and dangers of 1/6 and if demonstrated by the evidence heard and seen of the complicity of the the nut-wing conspiratorial right in the events of 1/6 , who the fuck cares what their 1st cousins the House Repubs, cry about.

Its about marketing at this point. And trying to retain the House in '22 and longer.

She''ll be portrayed as a partisan cocksucker by the other partisan cocksuckers actually sucking Trump's cock.

I could care less about what she does in her down time as long as she can help Biden and the Dems pass needed legislation.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:02:37 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12783 on: July 26, 2021, 06:03:48 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12784 on: July 26, 2021, 06:10:52 PM »

Sarah Sanders was late to the game on the vaccines, but even now she is playing politics with them (as well as lying about them and mis-referring to them).

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/26/politics/sarah-sanders-vaccination-covid-19/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #12785 on: July 26, 2021, 06:25:46 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/07/26/gops-race-to-the-bottom-who-can-be-the-most-obnoxious-troll/

Vance is right!   Ralph Nader,  Mother Theresa,  Beethoven,  Chekov,  George Gershwin,  TS Eliot,  Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton and Jesus Christ should have been denied the vote.   Parasites with no stake in the future!   

Holly Martins

« Reply #12786 on: July 26, 2021, 06:32:01 PM »

Vance's followers will wear hats that say BABY - Breed a Baby,  Y'all!   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12787 on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:56 PM »

To the religious right, Jehovah's witnesses, the political right, and you other fucking whackos: Please do not fly the American flag as you are not worthy of it.

Political right?  65 per cent of the unvaccinated are NOT Republicans

How about the blacks and Latinos?  Maybe Larry can answer for them.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12788 on: July 26, 2021, 09:11:26 PM »

To the religious right, Jehovah's witnesses, the political right, and you other fucking whackos: Please do not fly the American flag as you are not worthy of it.

Political right?  65 per cent of the unvaccinated are NOT Republicans

Bullshit.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/unvaccinated-americans-whiter-more-republican-vaccinated

58% of those who say they will absolutely not get a vaccine are Republicans.

45% of those who say they will wait and see are Republicans - a plurality.

A new poll:
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-science-health-government-and-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-36ea18ee3a3397da7edd5b8249f0e477

And overall, Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to say they have not been vaccinated and definitely or probably won’t be, 43% to 10%.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12789 on: July 26, 2021, 10:12:05 PM »

I repeat

Why is this being glossed over?  Where is the leadership from this president?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #12790 on: July 26, 2021, 10:13:51 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12791 on: July 26, 2021, 10:26:18 PM »

Mayor doubles down on inclusion by exclusion: https://www.yahoo.com/news/lightfoot-says-she-absolutely-exclude-185800767.html

Haters gonna hate.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12792 on: July 26, 2021, 10:27:14 PM »

I repeat

Why is this being glossed over?  Where is the leadership from this president?

You are too funny.

Where was that when Trump was in office?

Oh, right. I forgot (no, I didn't). You don't care about Blacks or Latinos. You care about scoring points.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #12793 on: July 26, 2021, 10:27:57 PM »

Wow!

Barbara Boxer accosted and robbed in trendy Jack London Square in Oakland.
A few days ago CNN’s Jim Acosta had his dinner at a posh DC restaurant interrupted by gunfire.
I guess the criminals don’t care that the liberals are on their side 
Maybe Cori Bush can fund a rent-a-cop business for the misguided leftists.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12794 on: July 26, 2021, 10:33:23 PM »

Wow!

Barbara Boxer accosted and robbed in trendy Jack London Square in Oakland.
A few days ago CNN’s Jim Acosta had his dinner at a posh DC restaurant interrupted by gunfire.
I guess the criminals don’t care that the liberals are on their side 
Maybe Cori Bush can fund a rent-a-cop business for the misguided leftists.

So Shithole cities have posh restaurants?

Who knew?

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 851 852 [853] 854 855 ... 2924