Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751042 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #13335 on: August 04, 2021, 03:13:53 AM »

It’s all part of the big tent though Larry has good reason to be pissed as hell and worried about the downstream implications,

http://www.thebulwark.com/springtime-for-moderate-democrats/

Split the GOP in two, pick up half of what breaks away, then you can take the Nazis and the zombies out of Congress and state houses and legislatures and put them in prison where they belong.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: August 04, 2021, 05:13:05 AM »

Andy you've got some splaining to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3XaJQrCia4
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: August 04, 2021, 05:25:13 AM »

I’m guessing Friday news dump resignation, then he announces defense lawyers at least one of which has previous experience representing trump.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: August 04, 2021, 05:49:07 AM »

http://www.vox.com/22600500/olympics-conservatives-simone-biles-anti-american

We’ve been saying it here for a while and the idea seems to be catching on.

More naming names.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: August 04, 2021, 06:11:13 AM »

Someone else who shouldn’t be allowed to hold the job they were elected to,

http://www.salon.com/2021/08/04/why-did-lauren-boebert-lead-a-late-night-capitol-tour-three-weeks-before-jan-6/

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #13340 on: August 04, 2021, 08:17:58 AM »

It’s all part of the big tent though Larry has good reason to be pissed as hell and worried about the downstream implications,

Split the GOP in two, pick up half of what breaks away, then you can take the Nazis and the zombies out of Congress and state houses and legislatures and put them in prison where they belong.

Nina Turner?

Backed Jill Stein in 2016 general.

Each race is local.

Eric Adams won the NYC mayor primary he’ll be running against... Curtis Sliwa in the general.

Since when is NYC politically liberal?

Dinkins beat Giuliani by 2%.

Giuliani served two terms.

Bloomberg served three terms

Adams’ win in the primary over two women is not a huge surprise.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: August 04, 2021, 10:14:46 AM »

A high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering.

Sheryl Williams Stapleton stepped down Friday as New Mexico's House majority leader, and from her seat, after state and federal authorities served subpoenas on an Albuquerque school district where Stapleton is employed.

Stapleton works as director of the school district's Career and Technical Education and has been placed on administrative leave along with 11 others pending the investigation.

A mislabeled invoice followed by persistent inquiries raised questions about Stapleton’s relationship with a contractor and her efforts to secure money that went to the contractor and four other entities linked to her.

Documents say the contractor was paid more than $5 million dating back to 2006 and that more than $950,000 of that was funneled to the two businesses and two nonprofits with ties to Stapleton, per Albuquerque Journal investigative reporter Mike Gallagher.

I guess those hats are expensive.
Black People Behaving Badly update brought to you by someone who claims he is not a.racist but really, really wants you call him one. Because, you know, he is.

I think I need to dig up the John Oliver segment on the inherent racism of the criticism of African American wardrobe and grooming choices that do not reflect white norms.

Illiberal leftist knee-jerk response noted. Behave as expected.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: August 04, 2021, 10:15:52 AM »

... high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering...

(yawn)

It's different when leftists are caught stealing, right, idjit?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: August 04, 2021, 10:18:58 AM »

It’s official. NY investigation says Andrew Cuomo is a slimeball.
Guilty of sexually harassing multiple women.

The Constitutional scholar says, "Guilty!"

Which is not what has been reported.

Dope.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: August 04, 2021, 10:19:59 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/02/opinion/Covid-Florida-vaccines.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

My answer is that when people on the right talk about “freedom” what they actually mean is closer to “defense of privilege” — specifically the right of certain people (generally white male Christians) to do whatever they want.

Not incidentally, if you go back to the roots of modern conservatism, you find people like Barry Goldwater defending the right of businesses to discriminate against Black Americans. In the name of freedom, of course. A lot, though not all, of the recent panic about “cancel culture” is about protecting the right of powerful men to mistreat women. And so on.

Once you understand that the rhetoric of freedom is actually about privilege, things that look on the surface like gross inconsistency and hypocrisy start to make sense.

Why, for example, are conservatives so insistent on the right of businesses to make their own decisions, free from regulation — but quick to stop them from denying service to customers who refuse to wear masks or show proof of vaccination? Why is the autonomy of local school districts a fundamental principle — unless they want to require masks or teach America’s racial history? It’s all about whose privilege is being protected....

Yep. That is why racists like Forrest denounce "woke". It is not about trying to shut him up, but him trying to spout racism without the annoyance of contradiction. It isn't about his right to speak, but his privilege to enjoy unopposed racism.

Says the defender of child abusers.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: August 04, 2021, 10:27:33 AM »

Nina Turner?

Backed Jill Stein in 2016 general.

Each race is local.

Eric Adams won the NYC mayor primary he’ll be running against... Curtis Sliwa in the general.

Since when is NYC politically liberal?

Dinkins beat Giuliani by 2%.

Giuliani served two terms.

Bloomberg served three terms

Adams’ win in the primary over two women is not a huge surprise.

The City of New York can only be run well when it is policed well, same as it ever was. Anyone who lives here knows that---anyone who still lives here, not those who once lived here. Eric Adams, a cop, won because of that, not because their were women running. And he won considerably more votes than them in the neighborhoods that are the most frequent victims of crime. That wasn't a "conservative" choice; it was an intelligent choice.

Of course, we also see what is happening in Chicago, where the cops are demonized and the Mayor only wants to meet with reporters of her choice.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: August 04, 2021, 10:28:38 AM »

"There wouldn't be no trouble except for that king shit cop...all I wanted was something to eat" - Rambo

Cops are not always nice, and helpful to the People.
They should be.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: August 04, 2021, 11:18:18 AM »

A high-ranking New Mexico Democratic state lawmaker has resigned amid a federal investigation into possible fraud, racketeering, illegal kickbacks and money laundering.

Sheryl Williams Stapleton stepped down Friday as New Mexico's House majority leader, and from her seat, after state and federal authorities served subpoenas on an Albuquerque school district where Stapleton is employed.

Stapleton works as director of the school district's Career and Technical Education and has been placed on administrative leave along with 11 others pending the investigation.

A mislabeled invoice followed by persistent inquiries raised questions about Stapleton’s relationship with a contractor and her efforts to secure money that went to the contractor and four other entities linked to her.

Documents say the contractor was paid more than $5 million dating back to 2006 and that more than $950,000 of that was funneled to the two businesses and two nonprofits with ties to Stapleton, per Albuquerque Journal investigative reporter Mike Gallagher.

I guess those hats are expensive.
Black People Behaving Badly update brought to you by someone who claims he is not a.racist but really, really wants you call him one. Because, you know, he is.

I think I need to dig up the John Oliver segment on the inherent racism of the criticism of African American wardrobe and grooming choices that do not reflect white norms.

Illiberal leftist knee-jerk response noted. Behave as expected.
As a wise man noted;

Say something contemptible. 
People push back on your awful comment. 
Invoke a monolithic conspiracy to silence you, even as your voice continues to ring out, stentorian and unabated.
Accuse anyone contradicting you of belonging to an ideological cult.
Relax and enjoy the naive lapping up your pseudo-grievances.

Behave as expected, Forrest.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 2924