Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750904 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #14595 on: August 21, 2021, 11:20:51 PM »

The NBC story is dated Sept. 2019, BTW.  Cough.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14596 on: August 21, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »

Bart you seemed to minimize the 9/11 attacks and the US emotion driven blood lust response to an act of war on our country in our country, that in hours cost 3,000 innocent victims, some of whom I knew well, as just an act of vandalism.

And you seemed to suggest that appeasement of terrorists was an appropriate response to this murderous act of war.

Honey,  not vinegar,  know what I mean,  bro?

No, what did you mean, bro?

At the time I argued (and was horselaughed unmercifully in the old NYT forum) that we were the victims of a crime committed by an international criminal syndicate and we should track down the principals and either bring them back to stand trial or murder them on the spot.

But we invaded. Blew through the Taliban and...

When Bushcorp allowed OBL to escape through Tora Bora is when Afghanistan went sideways.

The only winners over the last 20 years were the ‘defense contractors.’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14597 on: August 21, 2021, 11:40:38 PM »

Like the way you and Red obsessed over Obama?

shhhhh.....

Certainly didnt near as much - and not after he was long gone

Ha!

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: August 21, 2021, 11:59:47 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: August 22, 2021, 12:17:55 AM »

Let's go!  New Zealand, baby!!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #14600 on: August 22, 2021, 12:21:00 AM »

To those who are almost gleeful in pointing out the Biden admin's imperfect exit strategy....

It's pretty easy to be an armchair military tactician and not have to personally risk making any one of dozens of suboptimal choices.   And even the optimal one will likely involve people getting hurt.  Because Afghanistan has long been a chaotic and violent and divided place, there's no way out that can be totally bloodless.   Did anyone really think dealing with the Taliban was not inherently dangerous and volatile? 

Now,  someone please totally misread the above paragraph,  then tell me I'm "condemning" them when I express the possibility they misread.   If I go on to express any further disagreement, then please pull out all the stops and get really defensive and angry,  call me names,  call me a liar,  and then bask in the glow of moral rectitude as you fist bump with anyone else who validates you and agrees that I don't care about American lives.

Welcome to the party, pal.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: August 22, 2021, 02:48:01 AM »

To those who have a hard time accepting the reality of a poorly executed exit strategy, where there appeared to be no strategy other than, "lets get the fuck out of here" and can not accept that sometimes a democrat makes poor choices, I'd suggest they take their head out their ass and stop being so fucking defensive. 

There's nothing gleeful in admitting to a mistake that cost lives, perhaps the faith of allies, some of our global prestige, and likely will carry a political cost.

Biden ran a fucking shit show in his hasty exit from Afghanistan and there is collateral damage.

But to deny that reality is to live in a fantasy world.

To see the Biden apologists here is a unfortunate.

He fucked up.

And its ok to call him out.

I'm pretty sure Larry will forgive you.   

Eventually.

There were no good choices, but probably some were better than others.

And no one here is in a good position to really assess, but I'd think some hard negotiations and a show of force. and maybe some of Bart's honey could have bought the required time to exit that shit hole with some additional lives, some dignity and covered with a whole lot less Afghan shit.

Sure Biden fucked up. This was badly thought out. Way more could have been prepped to make this a much better scheduled pull out.

That said, it’s much better that we’re fucking up the way we are than in the way the republican propaganda channels would like us to be fucking up.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/21/2047333/-Fox-contributor-s-evac-plan-I-m-gonna-walk-through-the-streets-and-I-m-gonna-kill-everyone-I-see

Republican driven fuckups lead to egregiously high unnecessary bodycounts and blowback like the republican Covid response in the United States and the Iraq war.

That’s why good Americans don’t let republicans drive any more.

Democrats ain’t perfect and they’re still finding their feet after the four year looting and sabotage fest the federal government was subjected two under wimpy imposter. Now, for better or worse, Democrats are all democracy has left.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:51:44 AM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: August 22, 2021, 02:50:36 AM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/20/mods-dccc-fundraising-warning-506486

Thank you Democrats. Way to police your own.

Now get off your asses and go big.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:42 AM »

Let's go!  New Zealand, baby!!

QR code sign ins have been in operation in my world since last year.
Have been mandatory for a few months now.
People who don't have suitable phones have to sign a book....they can now apply to the state govt for a QR code sign in electronic card....to swipe.
Businesses who don't police the QR system face fines.
Supermarkets have security at the doors making sure people QR code sign in....as do many businesses.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: August 22, 2021, 04:50:09 AM »

Trump praising the murderous Taliban, making light of "super spreader event" etc.....
that'll do me...he seems like a fool...he's lost the plot.

New covid cases in the US are expected to reach 200,000 per day in a few weeks...my tv news stated.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: August 22, 2021, 05:03:17 AM »

It’s a mess. We are getting back up to a million vaccine doses administered a day. A couple of months of that and then boosters should help control outbreaks to a point where regular function can begin to resume in our healthcare system.

Republicans used to be half-stupid and of low morals. Now they are mostly brain dead walking corpses. I’d feel worse about it if they hadn’t done it to themselves.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: August 22, 2021, 08:42:58 AM »

Wow!

A Hurricane may hit New York.

DeBlasio, Cuomo, and Biden celebrate a change of the subject!

LOL!

Wow! People could die in the storm surge, but as long as you can play the hate Dems game, who gives a fuck, right?

GFY, chimp.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: August 22, 2021, 08:46:20 AM »

To those who are almost gleeful in pointing out the Biden admin's imperfect exit strategy....

It's pretty easy to be an armchair military tactician and not have to personally risk making any one of dozens of suboptimal choices.   And even the optimal one will likely involve people getting hurt.  Because Afghanistan has long been a chaotic and violent and divided place, there's no way out that can be totally bloodless.   Did anyone really think dealing with the Taliban was not inherently dangerous and volatile? 

Now,  someone please totally misread the above paragraph,  then tell me I'm "condemning" them when I express the possibility they misread.   If I go on to express any further disagreement, then please pull out all the stops and get really defensive and angry,  call me names,  call me a liar,  and then bask in the glow of moral rectitude as you fist bump with anyone else who validates you and agrees that I don't care about American lives.

Still unable to admit his careless wording of "protecting skyscrapers", Bart doubles down, attempting to blame others for being too sensitive about 9/11.

Worse, he claims he's now the victim.

Taking a page from Larry's book. Lie, obfuscate, blame, claim victimhood.

Or is that Trump's book?

Heh
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:01:20 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2924