Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761217 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #1470 on: February 11, 2021, 09:00:14 PM »

So President Mediocrity ditched his campaign pledge to get public school kids back in the classroom.
Those teacher union campaign funds always speak louder that the students who will fall further behind, isolated at home.

I’m glad Joe is putting together a capable government to take care of you in your dotage. It’s a nice change from the clusterfuck of the last four years of shitstain misadministration that is still keeping our kids out of school in the aftermath of its bottomless mistakes.
Me, I am trying to figure what sketchy far right web site thought up "President Mediocrity" for Red. Though compared to the last two Repo presidents mediocre would be a vast improvement.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 11, 2021, 09:20:28 PM »

So President Mediocrity ditched his campaign pledge to get public school kids back in the classroom.
Those teacher union campaign funds always speak louder that the students who will fall further behind, isolated at home.

I’m glad Joe is putting together a capable government to take care of you in your dotage. It’s a nice change from the clusterfuck of the last four years of shitstain misadministration that is still keeping our kids out of school in the aftermath of its bottomless mistakes.
Me, I am trying to figure what sketchy far right web site thought up "President Mediocrity" for Red. Though compared to the last two Repo presidents mediocre would be a vast improvement.
Try looking at President Mediocrity’s weeks in office.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 11, 2021, 09:25:45 PM »

The whole notion of "gateway drugs" needs to be done away with.  Drugs engage with receptors in our brains the same way as food does.  So either drugs are food or food is a gateway drug
When it comes to using cannabis, your best bet is to do your own research first and consider the sources of the information you find.

I’d not rely on Kam or Josh.

I have dome my own research... working on the last bud of Francel's Lemoncrush from the Takoma Wellness Center.

Ward wouldn't rely on anything that disagreed w/his preconceived notions.

He might post something that disagreed with him, again, but then he'll deny that's what it did.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 11, 2021, 09:40:41 PM »

Yes, the G.O.P. may be over.

Certainly their faux-patriotism claims will be falling on fewer and fewer gullible ears.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/11/966498544/a-scary-survey-finding-4-in-10-republicans-say-political-violence-may-be-necessa

It's good for the nation that that is now under 12% and better still that 90% of the 12% would risk a hair on their heads.

But 1.2% of the country is still a lot of dolts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 11, 2021, 09:43:20 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: February 11, 2021, 10:03:12 PM »

Unless you pay attention to the 2020 elections results.
Obviously, you haven’t.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1476 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:27 PM »

The whole notion of "gateway drugs" needs to be done away with.  Drugs engage with receptors in our brains the same way as food does.  So either drugs are food or food is a gateway drug
When it comes to using cannabis, your best bet is to do your own research first and consider the sources of the information you find.

I have dome my own research... working on the last bud of Francel's Lemoncrush from the Takoma Wellness Center.

Ward wouldn't rely on anything that disagreed w/his preconceived notions.

He might post something that disagreed with him, again, but then he'll deny that's what it did.

Ward sticks to the daily talking points and phrases he gets in from the early morning email blast.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1477 on: February 11, 2021, 10:16:07 PM »

Unless you pay attention to the 2020 elections results.
Obviously, you haven’t.

Bruh,

“DEFUND THE POLICE!”

Has left the building.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: February 11, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »

Specifics?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: February 11, 2021, 10:24:53 PM »

Opening schools during a pandemic is disastrous. The European countries found out and reeled in the live classes. Why does it attract the fringe loonies on both sides? Imagine teachers actually do not want to put themselves and their charges at risk. AOC and Nancee should know better than to use children for political advantage.

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: February 11, 2021, 10:26:06 PM »

I provided them. You ignored them. So did Luee.

Actually, I responded

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: February 11, 2021, 10:45:04 PM »

Specifics?
How about none

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: February 11, 2021, 10:52:52 PM »

Firstly the notion of a gateway is a theory, not a fact. 
BUT if you accept the theory, then the idea that Marijuana is the stepping stone to harder drugs is refuted, with ACTUAL RESEARCH, here:

npr.org/2015/04/18/400658693/setting-the-record-straight-on-the-phrase-gateway-drug

RATH: And tobacco - nicotine - appeared to be the most effective gateway of all. To reinforce her behavioral findings, Dr. Kandel wanted to conduct a biological study. And since you can't really confine kids to a lab and dose them with alcohol or tobacco - or heroin for that matter - science turns to rodents.

KANDEL: When you have an animal model, you can change the order of presentation. You can present an animal with, you know, drug A, see how he reacts to drug B and do the reverse - B versus A.

RATH: Now, Dr. Kandel is not a neurologist. But conveniently, she happens to be married to one and not just any - Nobel Prize-winner Dr. Eric Kandel. Nearly 40 years after Dr. Denise Kandel's paper on the gateway hypothesis was published, she and her husband published a molecular basis for nicotine as a gateway drug in the New England Journal of Medicine.

KANDEL: What we found is that when an animal was primed by nicotine and then was exposed to cocaine, the effect of cocaine was amplified many times.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: February 11, 2021, 11:02:11 PM »

Firstly the notion of a gateway is a theory, not a fact. 
BUT if you accept the theory, then the idea that Marijuana is the stepping stone to harder drugs is refuted, with ACTUAL RESEARCH, here:

npr.org/2015/04/18/400658693/setting-the-record-straight-on-the-phrase-gateway-drug

RATH: And tobacco - nicotine - appeared to be the most effective gateway of all. To reinforce her behavioral findings, Dr. Kandel wanted to conduct a biological study. And since you can't really confine kids to a lab and dose them with alcohol or tobacco - or heroin for that matter - science turns to rodents.

KANDEL: When you have an animal model, you can change the order of presentation. You can present an animal with, you know, drug A, see how he reacts to drug B and do the reverse - B versus A.

RATH: Now, Dr. Kandel is not a neurologist. But conveniently, she happens to be married to one and not just any - Nobel Prize-winner Dr. Eric Kandel. Nearly 40 years after Dr. Denise Kandel's paper on the gateway hypothesis was published, she and her husband published a molecular basis for nicotine as a gateway drug in the New England Journal of Medicine.

KANDEL: What we found is that when an animal was primed by nicotine and then was exposed to cocaine, the effect of cocaine was amplified many times.
Then smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.
And pick and choose your “ experts”.
Hope you enjoy.
Don’t mind us if we have just as many “ experts” who disagree with yours.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #1484 on: February 11, 2021, 11:02:59 PM »

Listening to the Fulton County DA tonight Trump is gonna need some REAL lawyers in Georgia.
The kind you actually have to pay.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 2929