Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754124 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15195 on: August 29, 2021, 03:50:22 PM »

This is for you, Kid.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15196 on: August 29, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »

It
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:26:21 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Holly Martins

« Reply #15197 on: August 29, 2021, 04:05:26 PM »

Saw this solid piece of journalism in the paper edition New Yorker recently, and thought some of you might find it interesting.  The war in America is "epistemic. "

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/08/09/the-big-money-behind-the-big-lie

I especially liked the comment from a former Oregon Secy of State...

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 04:18:00 PM by Barton3.0 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15198 on: August 29, 2021, 04:08:06 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #15199 on: August 29, 2021, 04:09:20 PM »

Holy duck what is going on.  Just got cut off again...

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15200 on: August 29, 2021, 04:11:12 PM »

HEY JOSH -- I THOUGHT THIS WAS A JOKE,  but my post just got half of its content cut off.   We got a big somewhere in the text editor??

Yes, we have a big.

It's also replacing one vowel with another.

I have no idea what the problem is, let alone how to fix it. I am working on finding a solution, but am not optimistic for a Sunday afternoon... or even a Monday.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15201 on: August 29, 2021, 04:12:32 PM »

Bart, just edit the post that got truncated - but before clicking "Post," copy what you were going to say so you don't have to re-create it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15202 on: August 29, 2021, 04:19:15 PM »

"Hey, there are states with more cumulative deaths per million than Florida, so why does this matter?" asks Kid.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:11:06 PM by josh »

Holly Martins

« Reply #15203 on: August 29, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »

This is a test.  Shiitake shitfuck razzmatazz razzmatazz damn damn dirigible fungible praline footlocker titmouse naugahyde hamstermelon Quasimodo furbzicle Golgi body mitochondrial platypus corn hole melanocaster spandrel pasty peregrine

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15204 on: August 29, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »

Sporadic,  I guess.  I will delete all that crap later,  no worries.

Not worried.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15205 on: August 29, 2021, 05:22:17 PM »

I normally try to keep out of here much that could be connected to me personally beyond that I live in Massachusetts.

But I am still so angry with Kid over his bogus claim about my insulting those who gave their lives in Afghanistan that I am going to break my self-guidance here.

Johanny Rosario Pichardo was a student of mine. We hadn't talked since 2019, really, but we'd talked off and on for years following the brief time that we saw each other regularly.

She was doing work she thought was important for the women there - just as work had been done to help her to get places. She believed in giving back to society.

https://apnews.com/article/massachusetts-kabul-dc59c42dd69952ea5554691b9a9d550c

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15206 on: August 29, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »

I normally try to keep out of here much that could be connected to me personally beyond that I live in Massachusetts.

But I am still so angry with Kid over his bogus claim about my insulting those who gave their lives in Afghanistan that I am going to break my self-guidance here.

Johanny Rosario Pichardo was a student of mine. We hadn't talked since 2019, really, but we'd talked off and on for years following the brief time that we saw each other regularly.

She was doing work she thought was important for the women there - just as work had been done to help her to get places. She believed in giving back to society.

My condolences to you and her family.

Semper fidelis
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15207 on: August 29, 2021, 06:00:41 PM »

My condolences to you and her family.

Semper fidelis
Such a sad story, Josh. I
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15208 on: August 29, 2021, 06:38:19 PM »

Very sorry for your/their loss, Josh.

I know how tight knit the Dominican community is up there, having played ball with and against a number from the area.

Her service to the nation is greatly appreciated by all here.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15209 on: August 29, 2021, 06:49:27 PM »

Rest in Peace, Ed Asner.

He did a lot of great things for people, he was a good man. The closest I came to meeting him was when I was a limousine driver, I drove Ed Asner's cousin, Elizabeth Jones, home from the airport to Anaheim Hills, she was married to the football player Deacon Jones. Anyhow, everyone loved Ed Asner, and he did a lot of good things to help other people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:51:48 PM by FlyingVProd »
Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 [1014] 1015 1016 ... 2926