Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754464 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15300 on: August 31, 2021, 12:14:23 PM »

The problem with banishment is that banishees feel they can stake a claim to martyrdom.

They can lay claim to whatever warms the cockles of their hearts, Yank.

Ham and Kid and Ward already claim to be martyrs to our far left conspiracy here.

This forum is the least banning I've ever seen.   The stuff Ham gets away with here would result in permanent banning almost anywhere (outside of Gab and Rumble),  and he knows it.

Hammy got banned again?

And from what I can tell for a lack of appropriate empathy and being a button-pushing, line-crossing jerk.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: August 31, 2021, 12:15:04 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-slammed-for-appearing-to-look-at-his-watch-during-memorial-service-for-dead-marines

Hearing now it was not just once he did this....

Any actual aspects of Biden's policies you wish to discuss at a politics forum?
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: August 31, 2021, 12:18:26 PM »

(cut all but 4 words of my post, so am giving up)

Can, before I click post, I copy my post.

Then if it cuts any, I can just edit it - my edits have not yet been cut, while repeats have.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: August 31, 2021, 12:21:04 PM »

https://ssir.org/articles/entry/the_complicity_of_corporate_sustainability#

Good longish read, the first half gives the main points.  Nicely done analysis of greenwashing.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: August 31, 2021, 12:32:26 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/07/health/children-covid-19-protection/index.html

Snippets:
"Half of the children that we've admitted have been under the age of 2," Dr. Mark Kline, physician-in-chief of Children's Hospital New Orleans, said this month.

"This virus that we're dealing with now is a game changer. And it's just so easily transmitted from person-to-person."

Now doctors say it's crucial to protect children against the Delta variant -- not just for the sake of their health and to keep in-person learning, but also to help prevent more aggressive variants from emerging.

About 39,000 new cases were reported during the week ending July 21, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.

That number soared to 121,427 new cases during the week ending August 12, the AAP said.

Almost half -- 46.4% -- of children hospitalized with Covid-19 between March 2020 and June 2021 had no known underlying condition, according to CDC data from almost 100 US counties.

At least 471 US children have died from Covid-19, according to CDC data. For the 2019-20 flu season, the CDC reported 199 confirmed pediatric flu deaths and an estimated 434 pediatric flu deaths.
One reason why Covid-19 is deadlier for children than other infectious diseases is because many children are vaccinated against other diseases, said Dr. James Campbell, professor of pediatrics at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
"Nobody's dying of polio, nobody's dying of measles in the United States. Nobody's dying of diphtheria," Campbell told CNN last month.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: August 31, 2021, 12:32:59 PM »

https://ssir.org/articles/entry/the_complicity_of_corporate_sustainability#

Good longish read, the first half gives the main points.  Nicely done analysis of greenwashing.

Interesting stuff. Thanks!

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: August 31, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »

In Afghanistan, President Biden had to play the losing hand his predecessors dealt him

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/570075-in-afghanistan-president-biden-had-to-play-the-losing-hand-his

A victory if we left after OBL was captured. No chance of changing the primitives mind on anything. They still consider 9-11 a great victory in Manhattan!

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15307 on: August 31, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »

As my SO has observed, wearing dirty laundry is not really "green," if I'm just being lazy.  Intent matters.

For a home renovation project I put on clothes that are already dirty, because if I put on something clean I know it will be dirty in ten minutes.  And that strikes me as truly wasteful - all that detergent and hot water expended for ten minutes of clean?  But for sure, if people are collapsing when they enter the room you're in, then it's time to launder.

My first real stand against wasted energy was when I started doing a lot of sanding projects.  At the end, asked if I shouldn't launder them, I took them outside (after donning other apparel) and shook them vigorously in the breeze.  "There!  Laundered!" I said. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: August 31, 2021, 01:08:14 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-slammed-for-appearing-to-look-at-his-watch-during-memorial-service-for-dead-marines

Hearing now it was not just once he did this....

Any actual aspects of Biden's policies you wish to discuss at a politics forum?

Nah - no discussion to be had here.  My preference is for a stronger leader but I appreciate Joe's view on life in general.  He's my current President.  Life continues..... what option do we have?

If you have a specific query I could get to it.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: August 31, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »

Tara!!!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/08/27/afghanistan-refugees-fact-check-mh-orig.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Big career move - following (the previously unseen factchecking partner of hers) Daniel onto the CNN screen.

Though I think SHE may now need a fact check.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15310 on: August 31, 2021, 02:32:34 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/8/31/2049346/-Cawthorn-warns-of-political-bloodshed-says-he-wants-to-bust-out-Jan-6-insurrectionists

Here is a political question

Life sentence or public execution for Cawthorn and everyone working with him?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15311 on: August 31, 2021, 03:06:32 PM »

The Afghan refugees have been arriving in Virginia and in other areas of the USA.

https://www.voanews.com/south-central-asia/who-are-afghan-refugees-coming-us

There is a great airport in Battle Mountain, Nevada, and they have a full size run-way, if the immigrants want to live in Nevada.

Meanwhile, Virginia is a great state, the refugees can be happy in Virginia if they so choose.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15312 on: August 31, 2021, 03:13:52 PM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #15313 on: August 31, 2021, 04:54:38 PM »

"We are going to get every American citizen out.  That has not changed"

Poppycock, Jen Psaki

Private entities are doing a good percentage of the work.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: August 31, 2021, 06:12:09 PM »

Now Kid is against public private partnerships

Time to nationalize toll roads utilities and penitentiaries according to our resident second chair conservative 
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 2926