Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755175 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15435 on: September 02, 2021, 12:50:30 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15436 on: September 02, 2021, 12:56:34 PM »

McChrystal and Petraeus will go down in history in the same way we remember Westmoreland.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: September 02, 2021, 01:02:43 PM »

McChrystal and Petraeus will go down in history in the same way we remember Westmoreland.

Sec Def Robert McNamara feels ignored.

He knew but kept quiet for too long.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: September 02, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15440 on: September 02, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: September 02, 2021, 02:49:51 PM »

This is what will really lower the abortion rate in Texas

http://thewhyaxis.substack.com/p/covid-and-impotence-the-evidence

Gropy abusive conservative men all have been or are becoming eunuchs

That is the basic cost for all men who support the GOp

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: September 02, 2021, 03:02:17 PM »

That has about as much scientific evidence as Ivermectin has as a covid treatment.   If you demand scientific rigor for one claim,  you have to keep the same standard for others.   

Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: September 02, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »

Women stuck with conservatives will be turning exclusively to liberals of any gender for sex as well as conversation

Lonely conservative men will all die frustrated as they deserve

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15445 on: September 02, 2021, 03:11:48 PM »

That has about as much scientific evidence as Ivermectin has as a covid treatment.   If you demand scientific rigor for one claim,  you have to keep the same standard for others.

I dunno.

I

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15446 on: September 02, 2021, 03:14:20 PM »

How many of these folks acting out at school board meetings and Capitol insurrections are gobbling dick pills?

From 2019

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/02/11/ed-nation-maybe-this-is-how-we-ended-up-with-trump/

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: September 02, 2021, 03:19:28 PM »

In high school there was a race riot, and I was surrounded by black guys who wanted to fight, then the police showed up, and they sent me home, and the school told me not to return, that was my last day of high school. I was in 10th grade. The cops found guns in school lockers, etc. It could have been bad. Back then they had undercover cops in the schools pretending to be students, and they knew what was going on. The cops showed up, and they stopped the riot, they sent me home, and no one got hurt. The cops handled it well. But, it could have really been bad. I had to get my GED, and then go to community college to get an education, I missed out on my high school education.

That is a good thing about Catholic high schools, they do not have race riots like the public high schools. If I had it to do over again, I would have went to the Catholic high school.

Also, I would have gotten into Acting when I was younger.

On the issue of the public schools, as they open back up, the public schools need to have good security, there needs to be security because of terrorists, but also because of race riots, and other bad things. One high school, Antelope Valley High School, and also Quartz Hill High School, they are going to have problems for sure. The schools need to have great security, and undercover cops, etc.

If I was a parent in the Antelope Valley, I would send my children to Paraclete Catholic High School.

https://www.paracletehs.org/

The Antelope Valley also needs a high school for the performing arts.

We need to have good security at our schools, and I recommend the private schools.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #15448 on: September 02, 2021, 04:25:36 PM »

How much intellectual life is now stifled because of fear of what a poorly worded comment would look like if taken out of context and spread on Twitter? 

Anne Applebaum in the Atlantic,  "The New Puritans. "  Good read.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/10/new-puritans-mob-justice-canceled/619818/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: September 02, 2021, 04:26:35 PM »

Picky, picky, picky.

(I agree. But I think the reasoning is, "If they jumped off the rails based on bogus science, maybe more of it will get them back.")
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 2926