Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755214 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #15465 on: September 03, 2021, 12:59:14 AM »

My county has passed 75% fully vaccinated and 85% with at least one shot

Going to a concert for the vaccinated only at an indoor venue tomorrow night at which I will be masking up

Gogol Bordello is in town!
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15466 on: September 03, 2021, 02:46:55 AM »

Death chambers are barbaric.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15467 on: September 03, 2021, 03:42:41 AM »

Lots of things are barbaric Bambi

Did something particular bring this to mind?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15468 on: September 03, 2021, 07:38:08 AM »

While I agree that the death penalty is barbarism, some might argue that keeping weapons "cocked and ready to fire" is barbarism as well. 
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #15469 on: September 03, 2021, 12:11:14 PM »

Everyone should do their part to help... right? 

heh

https://prolifewhistleblower.com/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15470 on: September 03, 2021, 12:14:58 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15472 on: September 03, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »

Lots of things are barbaric Bambi

Did something particular bring this to mind?

Texas abortion laws.
LOL at Texas...bans the termination of pregnancies after 6 weeks, but happily kills living human beings in its chambers of death.
Walks human beings into its death chambers, snuffs out their lives, and wheels them out dead.
Premeditated, cold-blooded, killing.

Then there are the people of Texas...the majority of whom seem to support the death chambers.
Hopefully no one supporting the abortion laws would be supporting the death chambers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 01:12:29 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #15473 on: September 03, 2021, 12:40:14 PM »

The Gilead on the Rio Grande theme seems to be catching on.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #15474 on: September 03, 2021, 01:05:20 PM »

While I agree that the death penalty is barbarism, some might argue that keeping weapons "cocked and ready to fire" is barbarism as well.

They might, but they'd be wrong.
Wrong because having guns on one's person ready to fire in self defence, in defence of one's life from the evil people out to rape, torture, kill in home invasions or on the streets ...is not murder.
A raped person's life is destroyed in part/almost fully.

The question bambu-wisdom asked a young man from the religious group who knocked on his door, telling bambu that guns are bad etc...was:
"New York was blown up by terrorists, many innocent people died.
Are you married?"
He said " engaged".
bambu said to him: "If Australia were being treatened by terrorists, the Prime Minister were handing out guns to all citizens, terrorists were coming down this street, you were sitting here on the porch with your wife and new baby, would you pull the trigger to save your family?
He answered "Yes"

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #15475 on: September 03, 2021, 02:41:15 PM »

The economy has been bad for a long time, and then it just got worse and worse as all of the jobs left for China. 

Trump is a scum-bag, but at least he stood up against China, and I support putting high tariffs on imported goods from China.

Then the corona crisis hit, and things got really bad. Many businesses are gone that will never return.

But some good things happened from the corona crisis, people are learning how to work from home offices and there are fewer cars on the roads. We have fewer cars on the road, and less pollution, etc. 

As things open back up then we should not go back to old ways that were bad. People being stuck in their cars in traffic jams for 20 hours per week was a bad way for people to live.

And now we have historic aid for the people coming from the federal government with Biden's plans to create jobs and rebuild our infrastructure. And many of the jobs can be done from home offices. People can become architects, and designers, and they can work from home offices.

Certainly building our high speed trains, and the construction of the new housing, etc, will require workers on the job, but a lot of people can work from home. The architects, and landscape designers, etc, can do a lot from home.

And with Biden's plan on giving everyone 2 years of college for free, people can study to be architects, etc, and people can train for other jobs that can be done from home offices. And they can be writers, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15476 on: September 03, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »

If you have heard of any pregnant women who have died of Covid in Texas you can sue Greg Abbot for his contribution in each individual case

You can also sue every member of his administration and all of his contributors

You should expect no less than ten grand per instance and for the creeps you finger to cover your court fees

You do not even need to live in Texas to launch such suits

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15477 on: September 03, 2021, 02:44:28 PM »

Wrong because having guns on one's person ready to fire in self defence, in defence of one's life from the evil people out to rape, torture, kill in home invasions or on the streets ...is not murder.
A raped person's life is destroyed in part/almost fully.

The question bambu-wisdom asked a young man from the religious group who knocked on his door, telling bambu that guns are bad etc...was:
"New York was blown up by terrorists, many innocent people died.
Are you married?"
He said " engaged".
bambu said to him: "If Australia were being treatened by terrorists, the Prime Minister were handing out guns to all citizens, terrorists were coming down this street, you were sitting here on the porch with your wife and new baby, would you pull the trigger to save your family?
He answered "Yes"

He sounds a lot like a barbarian

I am surprised you cracked the airlock on your bunker to talk to him

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #15478 on: September 03, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »

Why wouldn't the death penalty be a form of self-defence?  "Ol' sparky" charged up and ready to fire to defend society from the evil people out to rape torture, kill in home invasions or on the street?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #15479 on: September 03, 2021, 03:00:45 PM »

If you have heard of any pregnant women who have died of Covid in Texas you can sue Greg Abbot for his contribution in each individual case

You can also sue every member of his administration and all of his contributors

You should expect no less than ten grand per instance and for the creeps you finger to cover your court fees

You do not even need to live in Texas to launch such suits

It is important to sue Abbot and leaders of the Texas legislatures and abstinence only groups operating in Texas for their roles in so many abortions before similar bills wind up on the desks of other ambitious Christian fascist governors

If they see Abbot drowning other alabastard governors will be less inclined to follow him into the sinful misogynistic drowning pool of this insane law
Pages: 1 ... 1030 1031 [1032] 1033 1034 ... 2926